PDA

View Full Version : Opinions

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 12:21 AM
i am looking for any opinions on coming out and would love any thoughts you might have on the subject :love:

Bethanygirl
12-03-2006, 12:46 AM
If your situation allows it, you would be happier. Really though, it is complex for many, so many variables, family, job, freinds, and what they mean to your goals in life, and how would they be affected? Only you are in a position to judge the favorability of taking this step, but if it is all favorable to your making this move in your life, then do it. If you are not sure, hold off and find the answers more definitly, balance the strength of your need with the value recieved, and the cost charged.

Good luck! :love:

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 01:01 AM
well Bethany you are so right i really just want to find a way to tell my parents so that i can start living full time i mean i am 28 and don't live with them but they like to drop by unannounced allot

Bethanygirl
12-03-2006, 01:07 AM
well Bethany you are so right i really just want to find a way to tell my parents so that i can start living full time i mean i am 28 and don't live with them but they like to drop by unannounced allot

Then ask yourself if you can take their rejection, and suffer a period of not seeing them. They will eventually get over it, but may never accept you enfemme, in which case you may have a long period of mending fences, after which you will probably only see them if you go to their house in drab.

Is it worth it? Are you, Felicia, worth going through the emotional trama?

Tough questions, I hope you find some answers...

Caitlintgsd
12-03-2006, 01:16 AM
I think that you have to consider each person you come out to perhaps a little differently. I've never come out to my parents and perhaps never will. They're 3000 miles away and we generally don't visit each other. I came out to my son about a month ago and a good friend the night before last. It feels like a bit of relief each time I come out to another person. But there are some close minded people in my family whom I'd rather not disclose anything.

Kimkandy
12-03-2006, 01:20 AM
You could try good news bad news...

Bad news is you're gay... have :rose2: aids... and are going to :eek: die in 3 months.

Good news is you're not really Gay, don't have aids, are healthy and may live a long life as a :devil: crossdresser.

Hey I have no idea if that works for you... or you could try giving them three guesses to guess your :daydreaming: secret...

Kim

:dom: :OMG: :iagree: :IWS: :wasntme:

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 01:33 AM
well i am willing to let them deal with there own feeling for a while because i am Felica:love:

Tina Dixon
12-03-2006, 01:36 AM
If you don't want to let them know just keep your doors locked so they don't walk in on you.

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 01:39 AM
hell that wouldn't stop them they probly have a key

Bethanygirl
12-03-2006, 01:49 AM
They sound like they are casual enough about your privacy to find out by accident sooner or later anyway. If that realy is the case, then honesty is the best policy.

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 02:06 AM
wel your correct but i am just not sure how to go about it

Bethanygirl
12-03-2006, 02:15 AM
Can't really help you there, my opinion is simply, there is no good way, just bad ones. Keep the shock minimal, tell them matter-of-factly in drab. Be straight forward, and don't explain anything that they don't ask about, and don't over-explain even then. If they want to see, then set up a time at your place. But all that is my take on this, and I never had to deal with this as my parents and I were permanently estranged when I was 15 right before I became enfemme...

I hope you find your way through this, best of luck whatever you decide. I will pray and hope for the best for you dear!
:love:

Deanna2
12-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Whatever you do, do it slowly and pick your moments. No big surprize 'hey look everybody!!! Here I am - in MY lingerie'.

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 07:09 AM
well i really sometimes wish they had caught me before now

Lanore
12-03-2006, 07:13 AM
Go slow and take baby steps. I like the way Deanna said it. Go slow and pick your moments. If you go slow, knowone will really know a difference. They will see a change but as time goes on they will accept it, hopefully. However, there will always be those out there who will make you feel real bad at what you are doing. If this is truly who you are, you will adjust. The bigger deal you make of it, the more negative response you will get. If you are happy with yourself, that's all that really matters.

Lanore

Felica_ann_lendy
12-03-2006, 07:16 AM
i totaly agree but i don't realy want to be said to have recked the family
u know what i mean :2c:

Wendy me
12-03-2006, 07:34 AM
look 4 out of 5 of your threads are the same abought comming out to your perants .... and you recived a bunch of good info... yet again we stand in back of the dead horse with a big stick ... and still it won't move ..... and by the same token after 4 threads on the same topic ... why would a resabley smart person belive that you would listen to what is said ??? so with that i will lock this and delete any more on the same topic i see......

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46161

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45715

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45164

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45200