PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this happen?

Joanie
12-03-2006, 04:19 PM
My opportunities to dress are few and far between. My wife knows but doesn't want to see me totally en femme, that is beyond hose and panties. Lately, I have noticed on my part a preference for wearing pants outfits, especially gouchos. My favorite outfit is a Cathy Daniels light blue matching top and pants. This really struck me yesterday when she was away and I was trying on outfits. Years ago, it was solely skirts, blouses or dresses. Anyone else like this? Maybe I am getting like all these real women gravitating towards more masculine type items!

Glenda58
12-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Gauchos are not male. Yes I have gotten more cloths that blend in when I go out. Women don't wear skirts and dresses shopping at the malls or grocery store so I buy cloths to blend in and still look good.

StacyCD
12-03-2006, 06:03 PM
When I dress at home, I'm not really worried about looking like all of the other GGs--I'm hoping to look and feel feminine. I simply feel a lot more feminine in a dress with a bra, slip, panties, hose and heels than I would in sweat pants and an old tee shirt--even if they were a women's sweat pants and tee shirt. On the times that I have ventured out, I have tried to look more like the rest of the GGs and left the 4-inch heels at home in favor of the 2-inch heels. The issue for me is that when I'm at home the dressing is more for pleasing myself so I wear skirts and high heels than I would expect to wear to the post office.

Joanie
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM
When I dress at home, I'm not really worried about looking like all of the other GGs--I'm hoping to look and feel feminine. I simply feel a lot more feminine in a dress with a bra, slip, panties, hose and heels than I would in sweat pants and an old tee shirt--even if they were a women's sweat pants and tee shirt. On the times that I have ventured out, I have tried to look more like the rest of the GGs and left the 4-inch heels at home in favor of the 2-inch heels. The issue for me is that when I'm at home the dressing is more for pleasing myself so I wear skirts and high heels than I would expect to wear to the post office.

I have yet to wear women's athletic wear but there is something very feminine about gouchos, at least to me, even though they trace their origin to the attire worn by Argentine cowboys. Of course, underneath this goucho outift I have on panties and bra, hose, complimented by mid-heel pumps. That's another thing I like about these, pumps with heels can go with them whereas with capris it always seems to be flats. But, in the end, like you say, I am dressing in private for me and would just as soon wear a wedding gown (if I had one!!!). What's it matter???

SherriePall
12-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Joanie -- Gauchos can be very feminine and flattering to the figure. And, worn with heels, accentuate the leg. I have two pairs of pants and a pair of jeans. Although I still prefer and love my skirts and dresses, I wore one of the pairs of pants when out and about last February. It seemed fitting with the temperature in the 20's locally. And I still felt (and hopefully, looked) very much like a woman. So, to me they would be far from masculine, but just another avenue to express my feminine self.

Cheryl T
12-03-2006, 07:04 PM
I used to think, "there's no way I'm ever buying pants".
Well, I have to say I was wrong. I've found some wonderful slacks that I just love wearing. I've discovered that I don't need a sexy skirt or dress and high heels to feel feminine. What a surprise this was to me.
Now I have slacks, gauchos and capris and enjoy wearing all of them as much as I do my more dressy things.
Of course, there's no way they will ever replace my chemise.....lol

Cami_wi
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I absolutly LOVE Gauchos with Knee High boots and a nice top with them. I think they are Very Flattering. For me I will and DO wear, skirts to the Grocery Store or out shopping. I enjoy looking nice and " Sweats " just don't do it for me.
I wouldn't be Caught Dead in a Sweats even at the Grocery Store. There is the Group of Business Women that Stop at the Grocery store on the way home dressed nice like they were at work. on a whole My Opinion is too many women now adays take being Feminine for Granted. Most CD,TG,TS girls dress far better than most women these days.
I do have a large Selection of Dress Slacks, not about to be out in a short skirt when it is 20 outside. I like to wear Boots with Slacks, heels with Skirts n Dresses.

Joanie
12-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I absolutly LOVE Gauchos with Knee High boots and a nice top with them. I think they are Very Flattering. For me I will and DO wear, skirts to the Grocery Store or out shopping. I enjoy looking nice and " Sweats " just don't do it for me.
I wouldn't be Caught Dead in a Sweats even at the Grocery Store. There is the Group of Business Women that Stop at the Grocery store on the way home dressed nice like they were at work. on a whole My Opinion is too many women now adays take being Feminine for Granted. Most CD,TG,TS girls dress far better than most women these days.
I do have a large Selection of Dress Slacks, not about to be out in a short skirt when it is 20 outside. I like to wear Boots with Slacks, heels with Skirts n Dresses.

I see you are a cold weather girl, you are wise to wear those knee high boots. I need to find some knee highs to go with a dressy goucho outfit.

You are right about women not appreciating their feminiity. I would LOVE to have the freedom to wear skirts and dresses in public and wouldn't waste it.

Margie
12-03-2006, 08:11 PM
I pretty much wear, at home, whatever I'm in the mood for. Slacks are nice, cotton skirts or a dress on occasion. I'm just being femme I guess. But ... Like Cheryl said...... nothing will replace my nightgowns!!!

Karren H
12-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Well maybe real women gravitate towards male atire but as a crossdresser your not allowed too!! Its in the rule book!! And.....I've seemed to have misplaced mine but it in there!! Else you wouldn't be a crossdresser any more...you'd be a woman...or maybe a man...I'm sooo confused!! But beware, if you start wearing jeans....don't tell me about it and don't talk to me anymore!! So there! Humphhhh........

:)

Love Karren

Joanie
12-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't worry, I have no desire to wear jeans while donning panties, makeup, etc. and yes, it does get very confusing.

Billijo49504
12-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey Karren, I'm a factory rat. So to work, I wear jeans, but they are from Lane Bryant. I wear those stupid blue work shirts, but I can't stand those crummy blue work pants. That's why I wear jeans. If I wear a suit, it's a one piece herringbone tux. That is the companies definition of coveralls. Oh, by the way, I only have 9 more full shifts till I don't have to go there any more. Plus one 6 minute clock in. Which will be December 15th, and then I'm retired....BJ

Jesse69
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I have no idea what a gaucho is. Can someone post a pic of one?

Sharon
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I have no idea what a gaucho is. Can someone post a pic of one?

This be a gaucho:

Penny
12-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm right with you too!

Cyndie
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I have found that recently I enjoy wearing fem slacks and sweater when going out in guy mode. Sat. I wore an oxford style shirt, with buttons on the girl side, and jeans, size 12-P and girl style loafers for my weekend shopping. Everything, including bran and panties were girl clothing, but unless you really looked closely, you would not know. I call it my secret girl mode for going out. Sometimes I wear a girl style sweater, slacks and heels. Not really a secret girl style but not trying to pass, just wearing girl clothes that I enjoy with out the concern for what others will think or say. When I go full fem though, it is always a dress or skirt with nice heels, stockings, wigg, and makeup, feels wonderful

TTFN
Cyndie

Lois1234
12-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Sharon, is that a gaucho or Groucho? The pic is a bit blurry! LOL...

Lois....

Calliope
12-04-2006, 12:16 AM
Girl pants and guy pants look and feel very different. Nothing like low-cut jeans with sparkly flowers ranging down the legs. I get read more often in pants but - as I see it - wearing them, like dealing gracefully with getting read, is part of a natural evolution in process building confidence and establishing identity.

Michelle (Oz)
12-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Perhaps its evolution in action but right now I'm a dresses and skirts girl when I'm going out. I can wear pants anytime. I do have to confess though that around home with the family I do occasionally wear woman's pants. That's when I'm desparate to dress but the children are at home. Am I still kicked out of the crossdressers club?

ERIKA1963
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
As alot of you know I tend to wear really short skirts and really high heels, but in the past few months I bought a couple of pairs of jeans. In the past it was only skirts am I maturing or just expanding my wardrobe? I'm not sure but it sure is alot of fun either way. ERIKA1963