PDA

View Full Version : Makeover Photos from today - what fun!

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 03:37 PM
I went and played with a GG friend today, it was a yucky rainy day so we stayed in and she did a makeover on me. Of course, she did some brow work first, then she did my nails and makeup. She picked out three outfits and three wigs, here are a few pix from earlier today....

DanaJ

Personally, I didn't care for this wig that much.....

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Here is a different look, a black pleather mini with red sweater and a different wig... I liked this one better than the first, but there is still a lot of room for improvement.

DanaJ

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
OK, one more change - this time, she picked a plaid skirt with a brown sweater and a cute brunette bob wig. I liked this combo the best...

DanaJ

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 03:42 PM
...and one more pic from this skirt/sweater/wig combo..... I was supposed to be looking like I was all dreamy or something, but I just looked sorta tired :D

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
01-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi Dana. I like the first outfit.. but the third combo w/wig I agree probably works the best. You do look a tad bit tired in the last photo, no doubt from having so much fun ;) Sounds like a great day especially with it raining(which it's doing here right now). Thanks for sharing the photos :)

Love
Tristen

DonnaT
01-14-2005, 03:58 PM
I too agree that the third picture is best. The darker wig gives your face a darker look for some reason, instead of the bright look of the third wig.

But I like the boots in the first pic.

sherri
Cute, very very cute! I luv everything you're wearing. (Nice home, too.) I don't think you look tired — you look like you just spotted a nice butt (pick your gender)!

xoxo

Julie
Lovely photos Dana, I too like the 3rd combination. There's such a difference between each look it's amazing.

JJ

sherri
01-14-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't think it's the color so much as the bangs. You're like me — bangs work best.

sonora
01-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Looking good, Dana! Sounds like a fun day. I like the third outfit the best.

Sharon
01-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Looking good Dana. While I agree that the third photo is my favorite, and I initially didn't care much for the first one, the dark wig is growing on me. It gives you a sultry, seductress look, making you appear capable of any sort of dastardly act or evil thought.
Nah -- stick with the brunette hair. :)

Paula A
01-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Dana;
The picture of you setting on the steps - mighty fine girl, I think that wig is a good look for you, better than the others. But I agree with Tristin the first outfit fit is a keeper.

Glad you had a great time. kinda Makes you wish it rain more except a girl need money to shop with.

ChristineRenee
01-14-2005, 05:23 PM
Hi Dana,

The third pic was my favorite as well. You have a real dreamy, kinda far away look expression that really makes the pic stand out. Nice job overall hon.

Love,
Christine Renee

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, you guys are the best! I have some more photos from today I may post them later. I have to get my behind in gear, I have a nail appointment in 30 minutes!

DanaJ

sherri
01-14-2005, 05:59 PM
Dana, do you mind if I ask, how do you get away with things like nails and such beautifully feminine eyebrows in everyday life? What I mean is, doesn't that cause the male you problems?

sherri
01-14-2005, 06:01 PM
BTW, my vote is first outfit, third wig. :)

Fiona K
01-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Looking Good as always Dana!
Fiona
xx

Ashleigh
01-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Hi Dana. Looking real good. Very classy outfits as well.

Sara Violet
01-14-2005, 08:01 PM
you look very pretty :)

Stephanie Brooks
01-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Hi Dana!

I guess it is unanimous. I prefer #3. You look great, Lady! It looks natural. The first one actually works, and the second has possibilities. The combo in the 3rd and 4th are passable. :D

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 09:31 PM
Wow - thanks again girls! Your comments make me feel good :) It is sort if amazing how a different wig with basically the same makeup can make the overall look so different.

Well, since I am posting pix, here is the way my nail tech did my nails tonight. After a fill on my gels, she did a French manicure with a iridescent pink for a base coat.

DanaJ

Bonnie-OR
01-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey Dana, looking great. As the saying goes, life gives ya lemons, etc... If it's raining, let's get dressed. I like outfits 1 and 3, both yummy, and I'll go with the group on wig in #3. Huggs, Bonnie

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Dana, do you mind if I ask, how do you get away with things like nails and such beautifully feminine eyebrows in everyday life? What I mean is, doesn't that cause the male you problems?Well, the male me is really out about 99% of the time, but I like for there to be some small constant reminder of that other 1%. I have always loved nails, and I finally decided to act and get the gels on my nails last September. It is a bit of a long story, but suffice it to say that I was glad she used gel and not acrylic, that way I was stuck with them and could not remove them, thus giving me time to get used to them. I would feel weird now without my nails...

As far as the brows go, yes, I always worry when I think of what others will say (to a point). Fortunately, I wear glasses, and most of the time my femme brows are somewhat covered. But you know what? I have had hardly any comments in the last few years that I have been getting my brows done, people really just are not that observant I don't think. And with time, I have been getting bolder and I am more worried about what I want than what others think.

Life is short, so I say do the things you want. Just don't go too wild, and you should be fine...

DanaJ

Wendy me
01-14-2005, 09:56 PM
danaj veary nice #3 for shure nice play day thay are fun play play play

sherri
01-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Your nails look great, and I think it's wonderful that you can do that. I'm just trying to picture myself in one or our managerial meetings at the office, jotting down something on my notepad with my pretty fingernails in full view. Hmm, let's see, how can I spin this ...

ChristineRenee
01-14-2005, 10:06 PM
Nice nails Dana. Really looking good. I love those eyebrows too. I keep mine much thinner now as well but they aren't shaped nearly as well as yours are. I agree with you too that I don't think people notice much, if at all, especially when you wear glasses as we do.

Anyway, great job on your pics...you're a real inspiration for all of us Dana.;)

Love ya,
Christine Renee

DanaJ
01-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Your nails look great, and I think it's wonderful that you can do that. I'm just trying to picture myself in one or our managerial meetings at the office, jotting down something on my notepad with my pretty fingernails in full view. Hmm, let's see, how can I spin this ...Hey, I work construction, so I am around a bunch of guys who would kill me if they knew about my "hobby".....

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
01-14-2005, 10:37 PM
Fantastic nails babe!! :D Love'em

*hugs*
Tristen

Darby
01-15-2005, 12:12 AM
MMMM! Yummy boots too! What a fun day!

Bonnie-OR
01-15-2005, 12:25 AM
OKAY GIRLS, I think it's time we all invade Dana's and she takes us for a group makeover and picture shoot. Whaddya Say!!! You look great Dana, love the nails. Be careful when you scratch though;) Huggs, Bonnie

Marlene4a
01-15-2005, 12:35 AM
Dana, very nice photos, and of course, as always, beautiful as ever before.
I especially like the last 2 photos.
I am a real sucker for skirts like that, and black tops. They go together well.

DanaJ
01-15-2005, 10:17 AM
OKAY GIRLS, I think it's time we all invade Dana's and she takes us for a group makeover and picture shoot. Whaddya Say!!! You look great Dana, love the nails. Be careful when you scratch though;) Huggs, BonnieLOL Bonnie - I think at least one of my makeover girls would love it if I brought in a group!

I have been really lucky to find this group of gals that do my makeovers. One of the most important things (at least to me) is that they enjoy doing the makeovers on me. I mean, it would not be half as much fun if they were just doing it as their job, you know what I mean?

If anyone wants to hear the backstory of how I met all these great gals, I would be happy to post it here :) I haven't been doing this long, just a few years, so I am still a little shy about posting too many details, but I will do it if there is interest.

DanaJ

P.S. One more pic from yesterday...

DanaJ
01-15-2005, 10:18 AM
OK, I lied :) - one more piano photo.....

DanaJ

ChristineRenee
01-15-2005, 10:29 AM
OK, I lied :) - one more piano photo.....

DanaJI just love this one Dana...very classy there hon. And count me in for wanting to hear the backstory on your makeover gals. They do a simply fantastic job. Hey...would they like to expand their clientele? I'm ready for my "retirement" makeover to go down to Florida with. Plus, this little snowbird here would just love to be a "sponge" and soak up all the knowledge and expertise that they have to offer.;) :cool:

"I feel pretty...oh so pretty...":p

Love,
Christine Renee

paulaN
01-15-2005, 10:59 AM
danaj you look great. I love the boots the nails everything. What a great day you had I envy you for having someone to give you makeovers.I want one so bad, someday soon I hope. Hell I'd just like one complete day to myself for dress-up and make-up, but thats not going to happen soon. paula is beeing starved and I hate it.such is life.

Maddie Knight
01-15-2005, 12:37 PM
great pic's. love the boots. :)

LauraB
01-15-2005, 12:43 PM
Dearest Dana

Has always you look so fantastic, i live the third pic most (seems we all do) Not to say that you look anything but great in the others.

Well done babe

Love
Laura
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

sherri
01-15-2005, 01:39 PM
The last pic draws me to you, emotionally and physically ... and that is, after all, what every woman tries to accomplish, isn't it? You got it goin on, gurl.

Bonnie-OR
01-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Dana, You look so peaceful and happy in the latest pics. Better hang onto those boots when we get there though. I think Paula and Christine are already headed that way. Of course we would love to hear the story, could help some of us figure how to make the kind of connections you have. Thanx Hon, and huge huggs, Bonnie

JoannaDees
01-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Those are some great pictures Dana. You really do have a sweet deal going with your GG friends. I was wondering if all the clothes you have worn in the pictures you've posted are yours. They are all nice. And the wigs too.

lipstickcd
01-15-2005, 02:59 PM
DanaJ, you look fantastic. I must comment on your gorgeous eye shadow and mascara not to mention your beautiful red lipstick. I thought your red nails looked pretty but your latest nails done from your nail tech are simply beautiful. Your eye lashes have a very seductive curve.

Julie York
01-15-2005, 05:58 PM
Here's a nice thing DanaJ (and true!)

When I first joined this site I saw one of your photos and thought...Aaarg!..I know her!.. Only it was a WOMAN I work with! Not you! I would love to show you a photo of her. You could be her sister. But well that's not possible. But very nice photos and you do look so relaxed and at peace.

Good for you.

racquel
01-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Dana once again I am amazed at how lovely you are.May I be so bold as to say that I don't know that the blue eyeshadow does much for you. ;)
The dark wig is growing on me however the last one in the piano shot is you.

Sharon
01-16-2005, 02:52 AM
You still stun me Dana, with your impeccable make-up and taste in clothing. Well done!

DanaJ
01-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Thanks Christine, Paula, Maddie, Bonnie, Laura, Sherri http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/1luvu.gif

Those are some great pictures Dana. You really do have a sweet deal going with your GG friends. I was wondering if all the clothes you have worn in the pictures you've posted are yours. They are all nice. And the wigs too.Yep, all the clothes are mine in all my pix. I usually buy them on the cheap, on sale or clearance.

DanaJ

DanaJ
01-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Here's a nice thing DanaJ (and true!)

When I first joined this site I saw one of your photos and thought...Aaarg!..I know her!.. Only it was a WOMAN I work with! Not you! I would love to show you a photo of her. You could be her sister. But well that's not possible. But very nice photos and you do look so relaxed and at peace.

Good for you.Really?? Wow, that is so cool, too bad you can't sneak a pic of her for me to see :) Thanks Julie for the story, that is very sweet of you to say...

...and thanks lipstickcd, Trampy and Sharon http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/heart2.gif

racquel, the blue eyeshadow showed up a little better in the photo than we thought it would. When I get these makeovers, I have found that the makeup usually needs to be a bit bolder in order to show up on the photos. And I know blue eyeshadow is upposed to be a big fashion no no, but I sorta like it :)

DanaJ