PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Press Article on Transgendered Kids

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Did anyone see this today? My wife read it and it sounds quite enlightened. Unfortunately the paper went to the recycle center before I read it. Would love to hear from anyone who read it.

KarenSusan
12-03-2006, 06:37 PM
Sasha,

I tried to find the story on their website but I couldn't.

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks Karen Sue. Maybe it will show up elsewhere some day.

maybeJan
12-03-2006, 06:50 PM
There was this article mentioned yesterday:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/02/us/02child.html

It might be the same one.

Jan

Krystenw
12-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm not sure what to say about the article. I was pretty much dressed as a little girl until I started the first grade.
I was then forced to be a boy after that. My dad insisted I play football, basketball and track. All of the guy type of things.
Now I can't stand sports. I don't even watch them on TV.
If I could have worn dresses to school I would have but in the 60's that would have been a disaster.
Now 50 years later I would wear dresses to work if I could get away with it.
Anyhow...

Jodi Lynn
12-04-2006, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the link to the artical Jan. I found it very interesting. As a child I would of loved to dress as a girl, but as the artical said I was foruced to be a boy. I hated being a boy, I would hide my penis betwen my legs while in the bath tub so it would like like I did have one or stand in front of the miorro and do the same thing thinking how nice I looke dwithout it. While I was crossdressing when I could with moms things I always loved the feeling that I got when dressed. Then as I got older in my teens I would look at the girls my age developing and wish it was me, I would find ways to make myself look bigger. I have always been a overweight person so my breasts have been a bit bigger then a boy should be. I use to get teased that I needed a bra, even by my mom. When I was 13 I was very confused about my sexual idenity. I didn't know what I was a boy or a girl or gay. I had a gay relationship with a freind of mine for 3 years. I wanted to preform oral sex on him all the time and did almost every day. That ended when we went to high school and we weren't together as much, in diferent classes and things. I started trying to fit in with the guys. While I didn't play sports, I was the manager for the football, basketball and track teams. I never really fit in but I was trying because I was a boy and I knew that was what I was suppose to do. When I would go to a party I would end up sitting with the girls instead of the guys. I enjoyed cooking, cleaning the house, and things that were suppose to be girl things.When I high school I joined the club for the jocks, I could because I was a letter man for being the manger for the teams. To join the club they had a hazing, something that is not allowed now. as part of the hazing we had to dress like a girl one day. We had to shave our legs wear a skirt or dress, bra and hose. While I acted that I didn't like, just like the other guys did, it was pure joy for me to be at school dressed as a girl. I had my makeup the best of any of the guys I wanted to look good as a girl not a guy in a dress. During this time I wasn't dressing, my moms things didn't fit me any more and would never of though of buying something for myself back then. Oh though one time when I was babysittying (another girl thing) for the lady across the stret, I did take one of her bras and put it on as she was bigger then my Mom was. Then I was really trying to be a guy, I met my now wife. Had sex with her and tried to be a tough guy. sometimes when we were having sex I would take her things off of her and slip them on me and wear them as we made love. She never said anything about it back then. But that was the exstent of my dressing at that time. It wasn't until we got married and I was layed off from worl that I started again, She was working, and one day I was picking up the cloths on the floor inthe bed room and I put on one of her bras, then a dress out of the closet and it was back my need for dressing. I did try to control it for many years, but every so offen I would get dressed in her cloths. When my son was born some of my old feeling came back I was wishing that I was a girl and that I was the one having the baby. I wanted to feel what it was like. I wanted to have my son suckel on my breast, even try to get him to do it. Then off and on over the next 15 years I would dress and not dress with long lapes in between. Then 10 years I started again and this time the need to dress was so very strong inside of me. This time I didn't wear my wifes things I started buying my own things and I haven't stopped since. Now I need to dress whenever I can and do. I go out as a woman, I want to be acepted woman. My wife found out a few years ago, she was very upset, more about the liying the the dressing and she does not support my dressing. Sorry that this got so long. But in a round about way I am saying what things would of been like for me if I was let to be myself when I was growing up. Neven know I may of been a woman now. Again sorry this was so long. This artical must of struck a nerve within me and opened up some things I have been thinking about for a long time.