PDA

View Full Version : Prom in a Dress/Big Announcement!!

Kalie_CD
12-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Hey all,

i was thinking about going to my prom with my girlfriend in a prom dress. She knows i crossdress. and i was wondering what u all think about it.

marie354
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I think that's great, if you & yours are up to it. I wish I could have gone to mine that way, but I was far, far from out.

Amy Hepker
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I guess that is up to you and your girlfriend. and Prom what will all the other guys think??? At that age I would be careful

Pearl B
12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
I would tell you to think about how the other guys will react. There ar a lot of places that all would be cool about it and there are even more where the guys can be very mean and you might receive a little more than a little ribbing, so give it a lot of thought and find out how all of your friends would react. Do not put yourself in any danger.

Cami_wi
12-03-2006, 07:36 PM
I think you should go for it since it is ok with your GF. It isn't something you get another Chance at really, might Regret Not Doing it :-) Your Courage is Remarkable :-)

http://www.camirose.com/Gown1.jpg

http://www.camirose.com/Gown2.jpg

Kenix
12-03-2006, 07:38 PM
I have to agree with Amy. I don't see any problems at the prom or at school but I will be very careful outside of those places.

Don't forget this is the internet age. Your name and picture will be in myspace before you are home from the prom.

Katrina
12-03-2006, 08:30 PM
I would have loved to do that. Be careful though, some school administrations get all bent out of shape over things like that. Unless you want to make a political statement, it may be more hassle than its worth even if you don't factor in the treatment from the macho guys you go to school with.

JeanneF
12-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Don't forget this is the internet age. Your name and picture will be in myspace before you are home from the prom.

Not to mention that if the school objects to it, it can cause a media event. It seems to happen every spring...a guy wants to wear a dress to prom, the school says no, then the media jumps all over it.

Like others have said, a lot of it depends on where you live and the general attitude of the community. If it's a relatively progressive area (like the Bay Area, Californina), go for it. OTOH, if you live in small town West Virginia or rural Utah, I would seriously think about the potential ramifications.

RebeccaLynne
12-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Kalie, I noticed you've not indicated your girlfriends preferences. Her memories of the event are to be treasured, and, as you've stated, she's aware of your crossdressing. Might you consider her feelings as well? You've plenty of time to express your femininity in the future, and she'll be grateful for your consideration. Reap what you've sown later. She'll love you for it! My:2c:

Sporco
12-03-2006, 09:13 PM
I respectfully agree with RebeccaLynn's comments. I think you should talk it over extensively with your girl. She will guide you with her response.

...I think you should also consider the possibility of being the victim of a hate crime now, or at some time later. A handful of narrow-minded jocks could decide they don't like it and you could be made to suffer.

Are your classmates open-minded about this? My experience with teenagers would not allow me to rule this out...

Please have a great time and please be careful...

Holly
12-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Just when is this prom?

Lisa Maren
12-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I agree with the notes of caution offered by the others so far.

I wanted to jump in and say that Kenix is absolutely right when she says your picture will be up on the internet that fast. I went to a Halloween party that was thrown by two of my grad school classmates and I decided that this year, for the first time but not likely the last, I would go en femme. I had a great time, too, even though I did have to deal with all of the "Oh, my god!" reactions and the questions about the costume, like where I got a bra -- and to think I was hoping they'd forget about me and move onto the next costume! That never happened! lol

Anyway, the very next morning -- literally -- someone told me my pictures were up on someone's MySpace page. That is not an exaggeration.

Fortunately, I don't care. It's really very unlikely for my family to see those pictures. There's only one other student at the school -- who was not at the party -- that my family knows. Plus, a password is needed for access to the pictures and I can't imagine my family members have it. Nonetheless, that was something I had not foreseen, at least not until someone asked to have their picture taken with me. At that point, I realized the possibility but decided to risk it anyway.

I'm not out yet, and I'm not yet ready to tell my family, but I suppose I am ready to risk the unlikely.

Anyway, this is something that should be done only if you're really out already. You might consider throwing an after-prom party with just some of your friends and dressing for that instead or something (maybe leave the prom a bit early and be dressed when your guests arrive). That could be fun.

Hugs,
Lisa

Rachel Morley
12-03-2006, 10:47 PM
I agree with the others, if you can live with the possible ramifications, go for it! You'll have a blast I'm sure. You could always take a bag of boy clothes for a contingency so it it all goes bad, you can fall back on them as a recovery plan.

bianncats
12-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Forgive me for bringing this up, but you have to be conscience of the violence factor. If you decide to do this please be careful. I don't know the specifics, but Ihave heard of people being injured (not to mention fatally).

I wouldn't want you injured because of your choice of apparel. Just something to think about.

May you and your date have a safe andmemorable prom.

Biannca

Calliope
12-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Not to mention that if the school objects to it, it can cause a media event. It seems to happen every spring...a guy wants to wear a dress to prom, the school says no, then the media jumps all over it.

Make sure your date is ready to take that on. If she is, then she's obviously one red hot riot grrl and you two will kick butt.

If she has reservations, how 'bout waiting to dress at the malt shop the day after the Prom?

Rachel M
12-04-2006, 01:47 AM
you might want to check with the Administration, dress codes at school dances might keep you out. Just double check first.

trannie T
12-04-2006, 02:52 AM
What to wear? Matching gowns? You in a gown, she in a tux? You in a gown, she with a tux jacket and a skirt?

Whatever way you go please keep us informed.

Kalie_CD
12-04-2006, 06:18 PM
okay, i talked it over with my gf and she encoureges my crossdressing. she wants me to wear a dress to the prom. and almost all if not all the people at school already know. sure i got a swrily or two the first few weeks after the word got aroud. and the school board is *looking the other way* for me. and most my friends are girls anyway. my school is not going to alert the press, so they say. i mean the schoolboard already lets me use the girls room as well.

Kalie_CD
12-06-2006, 06:03 PM
hey, i recently posted the thread "Prom in a Dress" and my gf is okay about me wearing a dress to the prom ^_^

pantyman344
12-06-2006, 08:36 PM
if iwas you i would go in a prom dress to i would not care what any body said if want to do it do what the wosrt there can call you a gay but you havea girl with you it is not like you are going to go witha guy if the school say no go with your girl as one of her girl friend fom out of state or something like that and are you going all out hiar nails makeup and are you leting your hair grow for porm and what kind of dress are you goint o wear and after all say and done you and your girl may become really close but do with is in your heart that wount do you no harm.

Chiana
12-06-2006, 08:54 PM
I have always regretted not doing more when I was young. Who knows what it might have lead up to. I may have wound up living my life as a woman, instead. I will never know, but I have had many regrets about it since. Please be careful.

linnea
12-06-2006, 08:58 PM
I have to agree with Amy. I don't see any problems at the prom or at school but I will be very careful outside of those places.

This is something that the two of you need to be very sure of and very open about, because there is no way to unring this bell.

vbcdgrl
12-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I agree with RebeccaLynne. Will your GF want that picture in her yearbook?

Vikki

janet p
12-06-2006, 09:26 PM
From your other post it seems like you have already decided to go dressed and the school and everyone knows, so whats the problem?:love:

Kalie_CD
12-06-2006, 09:58 PM
i'm doing everything, nails, makeup, and my hair is sorta long and almost always wear my hair in a girl fashion to school. ^_^

goofus
12-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Hey all,

i was thinking about going to my prom with my girlfriend in a prom dress. She knows i crossdress. and i was wondering what u all think about it.

Go for it!! Do it!! Be a rebel :happy:

goofus
12-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Forgive me for bringing this up, but you have to be conscience of the violence factor. If you decide to do this please be careful. I don't know the specifics, but Ihave heard of people being injured (not to mention fatally).

I wouldn't want you injured because of your choice of apparel. Just something to think about.

May you and your date have a safe andmemorable prom.

Biannca

I know what you're saying Biannca, but on the other hand I feel like we transpeople have to stand up for ourselves at some point, like they finally did at Stonewall back in '69 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Riots

MJ
12-06-2006, 11:40 PM
OK being a Brit here. we never did that sort of thing a prom.. why not put your best tuxedo on go with your g/f have fun .. then after wards go change in to fem mode . and go some were were you both can share and enjoy your self's like a late night restaurant or something like that ??? just an idea

crusadergirl
12-07-2006, 12:11 AM
Katie i would say go for it all the way. Have fun at your prom.

pantyman344
12-07-2006, 07:31 PM
do you have a pic of you hair i would like to see it

Holly
12-07-2006, 07:38 PM
...the school board is *looking the other way* for me. and most my friends are girls anyway. my school is not going to alert the press, so they say. i mean the schoolboard already lets me use the girls room as well.And the girls locker room, too? Kalie, you are soooooooo lucky.

Sierra Evon
12-07-2006, 07:47 PM
If your school will allow it , then I say more power to ya...........:thumbsup:

Stiletto Lover
12-07-2006, 09:54 PM
I'd say go for it! You are so lucky to have that opportunity, I would take that chance in a ny minute, and wouldn't care what people thought about me!
Have Fun!

Sonya!

Debra Lynn
12-07-2006, 10:12 PM
If the school board is "looking the other way" and your gf is okay with the future ramifications (pictures) and you are willing to take the chance of someone not being "accepting" and blowing thier cool, then I would have to say take your time getting ready and enjoy yourselves in what is a very special evening.

Sedona
12-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Well,

Sounds like you've got your bases covered. I hope you have a wonderful time, sounds like fun! But, assume that there will be media coverage (if not, you're in luck, unless that's what you want).

And, I don't think anybody's mentioned it, but I'd make good and sure that I knew how to throw a good strong punch before going (seriously). Never know if you might need to do it.

nancigirl
12-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Your plans for the prom sound like the reality version of what most of us could only dream about at your age! I hope you and your gf have a grand and memorable time at the prom!
One question for you: How supportive (or not) are your parents re your cd-ing? I assume you must have some family support or else you would not have the freedom to be so openly expressive of your femininity.
Please tell us more about that.

Nancy