PDA

View Full Version : A Big Kiss

Jaydee
12-04-2006, 02:05 PM
I wanted to give a big kiss to all of my “sisters”, both CD and GG, (and I don’t care what whats-his-name says, I think of it as a term of endearment). I first found this website by accident about a year ago. I lurked around for several months before jumping in and joining. This being the holiday season, and a time for reflection, I have been thinking about the effect this community has had on my life in just a year. I hope you will allow me to share it with you, even if it might be a little long.
Most profoundly, I have better come to accept myself. I used to think I was the only one out there with these feelings. No matter how hard I tried or times I purged, I couldn’t make my CDing urges go away. I now know that I am not the only one, and I feel better about myself, because of it.
My CDing was a very closely guarded secret for 40 years and through 30 years of marriage. Because of your support and advice, I have started to crack open the door to my closet. I am not out yet but a pantyhosed toe is sticking out of the door. I am now on the road to coming out to my wife. How it will go, or how long it will take, I don’t know, but I plan on taking it slow and see what happens. I could not have imagined that a year ago.
I am even more accepting of the entire transgendered community than I was previously, not that I was unaccepting before. With acceptance of myself has come better acceptance of others. This is a very good thing.
On the downside, I now shop more openly and frequently, spending more money than I should. In the last year I have brazenly tried on clothes in changing rooms while in drab. It was exciting and fun. My stash has gown, and I am having a harder time storing it.
There are probably more changes that I have not even realized yet. I just wanted to thank everyone for your support and advice. I enjoy coming here to catch up with my new friends. We are a whole community of “sisters”:bighug:

Jaydee

Bethanygirl
12-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Wow, I feel so good for you that you are coming to terms with yourself!
:love:

Brianna Lovely
12-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I agree with you, we owe the girls and gurls, a warm hug and a big kiss, for helping each of us gain a little more understanding and acceptence.

ColleenCD
12-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Jaydee,

It does feel good to belong, doesn't it? Many members here have to learn to trust before joining in. But by joining in we make new friends locally and globally. Now for Colleen's advise: Read through the many threads and posts about "having the talk" with your wife. Remember to go sloooow with her, be loving, patient and respectful of her feelings. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Colleen

Kate Simmons
12-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Feels good, doesn't it Jaydee?:happy: Ericka Kay