PDA

View Full Version : lipsticks and lip liners

Naomi
12-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Is there a lip liner to match every lipstick, or is it just a matter of selecting something similar in colour, also what function does lip liner serve, is it a neccesary?

DonnaT
12-04-2006, 04:55 PM
Not likely, but there are a good number that do match. OPI makes matching sets, for example.

That said, not that they do not have to match. See http://www.howtobeauty.com/Makeovers/index.html

Bethanygirl
12-04-2006, 05:30 PM
If you do not want to by a lot of cosmetics, just buy a med. brown liner and use whatever color you like with it. As long as the liner is darker than your color, and you do not go too heavy with the liner, your lips will 'Pop Pop Pop!'

Karren H
12-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Don't like lip liners.....end up looking like a clown as do most GG's I've seen!!!

Love Karren

Glenda58
12-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Lip liner is good if you have thin lips. I have three light pink medium coffee and a wine red works with all my lip sticks. Use a sharp pencil and a thin line so you don't get clown lips.

Michelia
12-05-2006, 10:26 AM
I invested in a lot of lip liners and tried different combinations with lipstick. I actually like them, but I am realizing they are not needed and it is a hindrance unless you really want your lips to stand out. Problem is I do not know what to do with all the ones I bought...

Michelia

StacyCD
12-05-2006, 12:56 PM
For me a lip liner seems to help define the edge of my lips and it seems to help keep the lipstick from 'cracking' at the edge of my lips. Of course, too much and you can look like Fay Dunaway in Mommie Dearest! Not a good look! I have a couple of lip liner colors that seem to go well with the lipstick I like to wear.

kathy gg
12-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, this is obviously something which many people have different opinions on. I feel that lip liner is a MUST for people who either plan on having their lipstick last a decent amount of time or who have smaller mouths and thin lips, or for those who already have nice lips, this gives definition.

The best all 'round lip liner in my opinion is by MAC cosmetics. It is called "Spice". It works with almost any lip color because it is a neutral brown shade.

I find alot of cd's would benefit alot from the use of lip liner because in many cases the shape of the male lip is not as defined nor as feminine, lip liner helps you fake a nice pout if per chance you were not naturally blessed.

What STANDS out in a negative way is badly drawn lip liner. Anothe rbad... lip liner which is completely contrasting...say a dark red with pink lip stick. That look was cool on mall rats for about ten minutes. What may almost stand out as a negative is lip liner which looks chalky.

When people ask for opinions on photos and want make up advice I would say 9 times out of ten the first thing I notice is their lack of lip liner and what a plus it would add to their image if used properly.

No one has yet confused me with Bozo the clown and I wear lip liner in every photo I have ever posted. :tongueout

DanaJ
12-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I was coming on here to say something about lip liner is a must (have it on in EVERY photo I have ever posted here), and I know many GGs that wear lipliner daily without looking like clowns - but KathyGG has said it much better than I could....

Great post Kathy :)

Kaitlyn Michele
12-05-2006, 09:30 PM
all i know is for the last 9 months i've been out multiple times and i never had a comment on my "lips"....

UNTIL!!!!!!!!!!

i tried a simple cover girl lip pencil and a kind of paint on style of lip color my last 2 times out ..

2 times out with lip liner and 3 comments, and one came from a professional makeup artist i met and she was very critical of my overuse of blush!!!! but loved my lips!!!! LOL