PDA

View Full Version : Would you perfer this

ubokvt
12-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Ursula Leguin in her book "The Left Hand of DarKness" postulates a planet where all beings are basicly humanoid, but one sex. In intimate relations with another, their bodies morph to match the feelings or emotions they want to feel or express. Ie they are male or female depending on what they feel or how they react to their person. Would you perfer this.

Kate Simmons
12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
I was just wondering how they would reproduce? Do they become pregnant as females? That being the case, how would they morph back into males? Just curious. We essentially "morph" now in a manner of speaking, wouldn't you say?:happy: Ericka

ubokvt
12-05-2006, 09:51 AM
they do become pregnate so you could bear a child, doesn't that change things Contriception anyone.

Kimkandy
12-05-2006, 09:54 AM
I was just wondering how they would reproduce? Do they become pregnant as females? That being the case, how would they morph back into males?

Maybe they morph into males with :devil: big beer bellies...

Kim

:dom: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

Diana West
12-05-2006, 09:57 AM
I'm curious.
People change in a relationship. Would their bodies change too?
If they were to marry, would they remain one gender permenanently?

And I wouldn't prefer it. For me, sex is the union of two people. Sex is intimacy.
What Leguin seems to be suggesting is separating people even more, creating more barriers, more differences.

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Sounds like the StarTrek episode where Ryker was working with a member of a single gender race and this member confinded in him that she felt she was a female, but had to hide the fact or face the "Cure".

Karren H
12-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Ewwwwww I'm very anti-morphing...... and then how would you crossdress? Maybe as a different species?? lol

Love Karren

hotbobbie
12-05-2006, 12:58 PM
NO I would want to be totally different from the other side.

Kate Simmons
12-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Maybe they morph into males with :devil: big beer bellies...

Kim

:dom: :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:Hmmm, Knew all that "rumbling" was more than gas.:happy: Ericka Kay