PDA

View Full Version : Pantyhose question

tammie
12-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi Everyone: I have a friend whose wife is a CEO os a major company. He doesn't know I am a crossdresser. I barely know her so I could never approach her to ask about her pantyhose. He mentioned that she pays about $150 for 3 pair of pantyhose. Also he said she was measured for them at Neiman Marcus. My question is: R there really pantyhose that cost that much? Also what kind of special measurements do they make, and does that mean they R specially fitted somehow? If so how, as they R knitted?

Julogden
12-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi Everyone: I have a friend whose wife is a CEO os a major company. He doesn't know I am a crossdresser. I barely know her so I could never approach her to ask about her pantyhose. He mentioned that she pays about $150 for 3 pair of pantyhose. Also he said she was measured for them at Neiman Marcus. My question is: R there really pantyhose that cost that much? Also what kind of special measurements do they make, and does that mean they R specially fitted somehow? If so how, as they R knitted?
Hi Tammie,

Here's a link to their site listing hosiery items, pretty expensive, ridiculously so, at least in my opinion. I know that Wolford hosiery is supposedly of very high quality, but that's just obscene that someone would spend that kind of money on something like pantyhose.
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/template/catC9.jhtml?itemId=cat9860744&parentId=cat4290733&masterId=cat000137&cmCat=

Carol:hugs:

sara_also
12-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Carol I agree, I just could not justify spending that kind of money on hose of any kind..They might be worth it, but not for this lady

ShannonDragon
12-05-2006, 04:20 PM
I would be soooo afraid to get near anything in fear of getting a snag:D

:tongueout

CarmenG
12-05-2006, 04:41 PM

I guess you get what you pay for.... anyway pantyhose do come in various price ranges. One can also get measured for pantyhose. Jobst is a brand where you can get measured for a pair. They then become custom made and only you can order that type and size. And yes they do cost some bucks. There are other companies that do this but they are the best known.

Angela E.
12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Maybe if I won the lottery.-Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :doll: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

linnea
12-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I agree. $150 is way too much to pay for pantihose, even if they are custom made. But that's me. I don't have a big wardrobe budget.

suzy
12-05-2006, 05:17 PM
I hope and pray that I will never ever get so "important" that I have to pay $150 for panty hose... My God...talk about vanity!:eek:

JoAnnDallas
12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
I guess it is no worst than paying hundreds of dollars for a pair of shoe every couple of weeks that will be wear mabey once or twice a year each. Vanity has bankrupt more people than I can count. LOL

Kate Simmons
12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
$150 a pair for pantyhose. They sure saw her coming. Hell, I can have a swingin' night on the town for that kinda dough. Whatever floats your boat I guess..................!:happy: Ericka Kay

MarieTS
12-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Oh come on, girls. Read the post a little closer: It's a $150 for three pair. Heck, that's only $50 a pair! :rolleyes:

Stacy GG
12-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Oh come on, girls. Read the post a little closer: It's a $150 for three pair. Heck, that's only $50 a pair! :rolleyes:
Wow for that money I'd buy a new dress, or maybe 2 for me and elly :)
I soo love Ross!! We bought some Sergio valente pants for elly the other day for 13.00 and they originally retail for 58.00. So if you know where to look you can probably buy the $50.00 pantyhose for much cheaper at an outlet store.
:2c:

Juliette
12-05-2006, 10:58 PM
You want expensive pantyhose and tights? Look at these!!!:D

http://shapings.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FGL139&Category_Code=FOG

http://shapings.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FGL593&Category_Code=FOG

http://shapings.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FGL596&Category_Code=FOG

Lisa Maren
12-06-2006, 01:01 AM
And of course the photos shown with those products are air brushed anyway. Besides, 10 denier pantyhose will do absolutely nothing to hide dark stubble on a lady who needs a shave! lol

Hugs,
Lisa

Kate Simmons
12-06-2006, 01:35 AM
Oh come on, girls. Read the post a little closer: It's a $150 for three pair. Heck, that's only $50 a pair! :rolleyes:I claim "blonde" Marie. Some plead the "fifth", I do that. You wouldn't believe how much trouble that gets me out of, especially with guys. They just look at my "puppy dog " face and say: "Okay Hon". (Somehow, I don't think they are looking at my face though). The funny part is they believe it.:happy: Ericka Kay

helenr
12-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I am a big fan of Hanes Silk Reflections. I prefer the control top with reinforced toe in Barely there (a nice beige color). I subscribe to the Hanes email-just go to Hanes on the Internet and sign up for email,etc. Once in a while a 1/2 off coupon will print which I take to the local Outlet Store and can buy the 3 pack marked $15. or so for 1/2 price! Even at the $5. price per pair, they are a value as they last easily 7-10 days before I get a run. They feel best when brand new, but I still get some nice leg support whenever I wear them. They aren't 10 denier, but since the demise of plain knit stockings, I don't find the modern mesh styles that comfortable. The SR have a nice sheen to them that I find satisfying. My two cents. best, helenr

Beckii_aCDInOz
12-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Wolford hosiery make some really nice hose, but, too expensive, plus as other have said I'd be scared to snag them...

sorry to de-rail topic)
I bought some nice stay ups tonight...Actually wearing them now ;)

15 denier but very sheer, more like 10 denier. Very nice gloss finish. The thing I dis-like about most phose or stockings is that no too many styles actually feel good against the other leg. I mean if you brush you legs together most brands grab and are not smooth. These however are very smooth and actually feel really nice rubbing my legs together. :D

hugs

x

beckii

Nicole Summers
12-07-2006, 10:49 AM
Give me the 150$ and I'll tell you how beautiful you look....:devil: