PDA

View Full Version : what if ?

Iniquity Blonde GG
12-05-2006, 01:31 PM
i was sat wondering tonight, say if someone you knew found out about ur c/d, and turned round and said that they knew someone who could highlight the probs/highs/lows with c/d, what would you "most" like to be included in the article +? if they came and said they were going to make a book, and want to include as much input as possible from a cross/dresser, what would you want them to put +? or, would you deny you actualy c/d +? it would be really intresting to find out what you all think/felt on this. it seems theres nothing really on the subject matter !! when i first found about my b/f c/d , before i even found this forum, i went to libary to see if there was any books on the subject ! and you know what there wasnt :rolleyes: only the odd comical bits, but nothing formative etc. ( no i didnt ask assistant il admit ) :straightface:
maybe its about time something like this was done, then the more info people had avaliable on c/d , it "might" help people understand abit more surley ?? :idontknow:

melissacd
12-05-2006, 01:41 PM
There are lots of good books available on the subject, however, you won't find them in most libraries or bookstores. For the most part you need to order these books online:

My Husband Betty
The Lazy Cross Dresser
Cross Dressing With Dignity
7 Secrets of Successful Cross Dressers

...and so on. There are many, too numerous to list in a quick post.

There are also many good websites out there that are great resources:

- this site
- genderevolve.blogspot.com
- crossdressers-forum.com
- crossdresserclub.com

...and this list can go on and on too.

In terms of the things that I like to see, look for:

- discussion of how to handle relationship and family issues
- discussion on our evolution as people and the growth and acceptance of our femme persona
- positive stories of real acceptance in the world
- strategies for dealing with CDing in the public
- of course insights into how to dress, do hair, makeup etc...

Some thoughts

Huggs
Melissa

Diana West
12-05-2006, 02:25 PM
There's no way I agree to be in an article about crossdressing.
I'd love to write one though, but newspapers aren't interested in the subject.

Brianna Lovely
12-05-2006, 02:48 PM
I thought for sure that there would be a lot written on this subject.
So I did a quick search at Barns & Noble Bookstore and found the following.

Subject Search Books Found
Transgender 542
Transvestite 115
Cross Dressing 298

So, there seems to be a number of books out there, already.

As far as my own input goes, I would try to honestly express my feelings and emotions, in regards to being a Transgender person.

Kate Simmons
12-05-2006, 05:55 PM
Check back into the thread archives here, Hon. There's enough info here to fill 10 libraries (and then some)! Everything you ever wanted to know about crossdressing and weren't afraid to ask!:happy: Ericka Kay

Joy Carter
12-05-2006, 06:06 PM
I worked at our local main branch and they had several. They were in the section on gay people. Not allot on current views on CDing but there was one book that had some nineteenth century male and female CDers. I think they referred to them and transvestites. Anybody ever hear that term ? Sounds like something foreign to me.:heehee:

Marla S
12-05-2006, 06:11 PM
if they came and said they were going to make a book, and want to include as much input as possible from a cross/dresser, what would you want them to put +?

To answer the question.

To keep things simple I'd highlight just one thing.

I. e.
Why do some girls like to wear a dress ?
What's wrong for a boy to wear a dress ?
Why she doesn't get mocked because of it ?
Why he gets mocked?
Why she gets compliments ?
Why he is send into the closet ?
What's she doing right ?
What's his crime ?

If the only answer is "Because she's a girl and he's a boy and it ever has been this way", you know the problem and where it originates.

Could be a very thin book.
For more content I'd talk about equal opportunities.