PDA

View Full Version : Triple edge razors

susie d
01-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Just windering if the new "triple edge razors" are worth it? I seem to get satisfactory results from my double edge razor and they are expensive enough and I can imagine the price of triple blades. Thanks.

Topaz
01-15-2005, 11:51 AM
If you get good results with doubles then there's no need to change. The hardest part is getting everything and not leaving patches (back of knees and around ankles). Shaving cream helps with that 'cause you can see where you've been.

Sharon
01-15-2005, 11:52 AM
I find a distinct difference between the 2- and 3-blade razors: they really do shave closer, they cut me far less often, and I don't need to shave as often. There are generic brands out there now, but I'm sticking with Gillette's male and female versions.

Maddie Knight
01-15-2005, 12:35 PM
I prefer 2 blades but you should try different type's of razors. what works for me may not work for others, it all down to personal choice.

ChristineRenee
01-15-2005, 12:39 PM
My personal favorite for leg shaving is the Venus Divine. It is a triple blade razor and gives me a smooth close shave without any nicking. A little on the expensive side but the results make it worth the extra money for me.;)

Love,
Christine Renee

Tristen Cox
01-15-2005, 12:52 PM
I've found the best results from conturing razor heads that bend around the corners (i.e. jawline etc..). Two blades work rather well, and three get just a bit closer, but are a little more in price. If you're doing legs there is 'Shick Intuition' which works very well and may solve a couple problems. My $.02

*hugs*
Tristen

racquel
01-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I was ordered to reshave by my Mistress at her place once and all she used was a triple, I was hooked.Have never bought doubles since.
Keep an eye on the flyers and when they come on sale(seldom) stock up. :D

Bernadina
01-15-2005, 04:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new Schick 4 blade Quattro Razor?

lizbendalin
01-15-2005, 06:40 PM
Yes, and I love it. I used to shave exclusively with the Mach 3, and thought it couldn't get any better. Well, I was wrong. with the Schick, shaving against the grain, I get baby butt smooth results on my face. I love it, and wouldn't go back to my Mach if I had a choice. For the rest of me, I use the Venus. It's a great raxor, and really reduces the nicks and cuts on the legs.

crispy
01-15-2005, 11:34 PM
....... I'm sticking with Gillette's male and female versions.

talk about sitting on the fence, or wanting the best of both worlds. :rolleyes:

It's make-your-mind-up time, gal............ :p :)

Anita Parish
01-16-2005, 12:42 AM
I found the Schick Quattro (sold as a Wilkinson Sword Quattro in the UK) noticeably better than the Mach 3. The difference was bigger than going from a 2 blade razor to the Mach 3. Though the Quattro's dearer, the blades seem to stay sharp longer.

Sara Violet
01-16-2005, 01:41 AM
for the best shave i use a triple blade razor and baby oil. OMG its great..it clogs the razor big time, but the results wow. I can shave close and hard and not get a nick. and i my legs feal so soft from the oil.

Sharon
01-16-2005, 03:42 AM
talk about sitting on the fence, or wanting the best of both worlds. :rolleyes:

It's make-your-mind-up time, gal............ :p :)

The body and brain are mine, the beard is his!

AnnaMaria
01-16-2005, 09:17 AM
I use a triple edge for the whole job. Though I have found that the divine does work better for the legs and stuff. I use the mens version of the divine for the face but only for the face.
I think it has something to do with the angle of the razor head that makes the difference.

Havn't tried the 4 blade yet. Still to expensive I think. I have also noticed that I see better results if I use a femme shave jel as apposed to a mens version. I seem to get a closer shave that lasts a little longer and I get softer skin in the process. Of course I then apply a good body lotion after and that helps as well but I still cut myself sometimes especially in the softer areas. No matter what razor I use which makes a good case for permenant removal rather than continuing to butcher myself and run the risk of cutting something important. That would make my wife very unhappy for sure.

huggs
anna

Bernadina
01-23-2005, 03:11 AM
I found the Schick Quattro (sold as a Wilkinson Sword Quattro in the UK) noticeably better than the Mach 3. The difference was bigger than going from a 2 blade razor to the Mach 3. Though the Quattro's dearer, the blades seem to stay sharp longer.
I picked up a Schick Quattro today to see how it compared to my Gillette M3Power. (The M3Power is a 3 bladed vibrating shaver.)

I was dressing for the evening and going out for dinner so thought I'd try both on my beard.

My experiment showed that M3Power does a better job on my skin and is gentler than the Quattro.

I'll see how the Quattro does on my legs when they need doing again in few days.

I suspect that different people will have different results depending on their skin characteristics.

ChristineRenee
01-23-2005, 03:21 AM
I picked up a Schick Quattro today to see how it compared to my Gillette M3Power. (The M3Power is a 3 bladed vibrating shaver.)

I was dressing for the evening and going out for dinner so thought I'd try both on my beard.

My experiment showed that M3Power does a better job on my skin and is gentler than the Quattro.

I'll see how the Quattro does on my legs when they need doing again in few days.

I suspect that different people will have different results depending on their skin characteristics.Never tried the M3Power Bernadina. Kinda expensive isn't it? I've tried the Quattro though. It's ok but nothing special. I really like the Venus Divine for my underarms, arms and legs. Great manuverability. Almost never get a nick anymore. Too expensive to use though for my face. Triple blade razors seem to work best for me there now, particularly since the anti-androgen I take has helped to soften my beard growth. Oh...and the Schick Intuition is another good razor for arms and leg shaving too. That and the Venus get around all the most difficult places without nicking you.;) :)

Hugs & Kisses,
Christine Renee

StephanieCD
01-23-2005, 03:07 PM
The M3 Power is VERY expensive but I swear by it on my face. Used it on my legs and it cut so beneath the skin that I'm still getting over the bumps two weeks later! AND - don't get it too wet because mine shorted out when I used it for my legs and now the magical vibrating effect is broken. Still, though - swear by it. I found the same with thte Quattro...

The intuition is amazing on legs!!

racheal
01-24-2005, 06:30 PM
I use them all of the time - great for removing hair! Need to make sure that you keep rinsing the blades as well - so they don't clog up. :) Smooth as silk! :)

Ashleigh
01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
The triple blade razors do seem to be more efficient than the others especially when I don't press hard at all. Just lightly glide over legs and chest and voila! The red dots didn't appear! And, the shaved areas were smooth. Not the case with the 2 blade razors since I had to go over the areas copiously causing irritation.

Didn't notice any difference with the 4 blade.

Georgette
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
The Venus Devine for the legs and other parts I like the rounded edges. The MP3 Vibrator for my face as I have welding wire on my face. sometimes it's barbed wire though.

Danielle1960
01-24-2005, 07:14 PM
I use the mach 3 with the vibrating head :o Well it does shave extreemly close.
This weekend the wife and I did the eyebrow waxing, maincure, pedicure thing. Almost got her to let me get them painted. :D

Ashleigh
01-25-2005, 01:14 AM
I just use my Braun on the face since it's the only shaver I have found that will cut the rebar on my face and not put me on the floor in agony.