PDA

View Full Version : I fell like I cant get a break

nuriko_2sama
12-07-2006, 02:51 AM
I feel like i am to tall and big to dress and look good. I am 6'2 240lbs. I am a built guy. well i was but now have a lil gut. I have shuch a hard time finding stuff that fits me, with out going online. i dont want to shop online. I have shuch a hard time finding shoes that fit so i had to get a pair of chucks that looked unasex. I am planing a work out plan to help me get thin. but i would like to know if anyone has used a plan to help them get thin fst. i wantto get a more fem body and i can live with being tall and having big feet if i was thiner.

uknowhoo
12-07-2006, 09:24 AM
:hugs: Hiya Nuriko :hugs: I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. I'm afraid I'm not much of an expert on losing unwanted pounds :o but I don't really think there are any effective, long-term solutions other than modifications in diet and exercise. Just cut down on some of the junk, and pare back serving sizes a bit, then get out there and get some exercise. Even if it's just walking several times a week, I'm sure it would help. Heck, wear a nice girly item or two underneath (or on top, if you're game) to make the walks more enjoyable.

Now, I don't necessarily agree that you need to postpone your happiness until you've reached a weight goal. It's more important to accept yourself as you are now, even if your not 100% happy with it. Just be OK and have fun with what/where you are right now. So you'll never fit into a petite size 4. Guess what, neither will I, nor will 99% of the other members here. It doesn't mean we can't accept ourselves and enjoy this think we do. ;)

Good luck, and take care.

xoxo

Tammi

KelleyTGirl
12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Have you tried Payles for shoes?

JulieCDorlando
12-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Hello,
I would hate to be the one to rain on a parade, but loosing a certain amount of weight isn't something that will just happen in a matter of a few days, or weeks. When you added the extra weight on, the weight was added on slowly, the same is true for loosing that extra weight. It takes time, disipline in your diet and exercise. Before beginning your work outs I would advise seeing your doctor first, just to ensure that you are healthy enough to begin physical activity. Begin by walking 4-5 times a week 1/2 hour to start add more time/distancewhen you become acclimated to the physical exertion. Distance doesn't matter. Eating fruits and vegetables are important, as they contain antioxidants that help rid the body of impurities. Lean meats, like turkey, chicken, fish of any kind. Keep salt to a minimum. Drink at least a quart of water per day (more if possible) drink juices for a change of poace from water. Cut out any extra carbs (sugars, and starches). Pay attention to packaging labels when buying food. No eating after 7 p.m. Use a multi vitamin. And do not pay attention to those loose weight quickly informercials. ALL of them are bogus.
At one time I weighed 260 lbs. (dress size 22)I am 6 feet tall. I currently am at 175 lbs.(dress size 12-14) Through determination, perserverance, and disipline I have gotten to where I am now. I wish you the best in your endeavor.

Diana West
12-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Payless is wonderful. They have women's shoes that go up to a size 14W. And they have sales all the time.

As for the gut, well, it is that time of year. Exercise and diet are important, even vital. But I've cheated a bit.
I've been wearing bulky sweaters. The cold weather helps justify it.
Out in CA, it might a look a bit conspicuous. Unless you try a Christmas sweater??? A larger blouse?
I know it's not the answer, but it could be a temporary fix.

Beckii_aCDInOz
12-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi nuriko_2sama,

I'm (188cm) 6'2" also and I can totally understand how you feel about the height issue. Unfortunately shy of having 6" of your legs amputated and your feet re-attached; any hope of shrinking is just a dream :D

But on the flip side, I still wear 4" - 5" heels and luv them. Though, with the new fashions these day and the pointy toe heels I've seen some sexy shoes with 2" heels, maybe something to ponder.

As far as the weight dilemma...I'm 45 and up until I was about 44 I weighted 69kg (152lbs). In a little over 1 year I've packed on 20kg (44lbs). 5kg (11lb) around my gut and the rest distributed to my legs arms and shoulders.

I was a rather thin so the extra weight everywhere else wasn't an issue, all except the gut. I've got a typical middle age beer gut now & I really dis-like it.

Bought a motorised treadmill and trying to eat right to loose it. But it takes time and dedication, instead of reaching for that bag of crisps or eating KFC or Macca's I try to eat good food, like fish and salads instead or snack on fruit.

It's not easy but nothing in life is or at least the stuff you really want to do!

Please try to stay positive and remember that we're all here to help each other too.

hugs

x

beckii

Megan_Girl
12-07-2006, 11:55 AM
nuriko_2sama,

I can sympathize, I didn't dress for nearly 10 years because I felt I was just too fat to ever look like anything other that "A guy in a dress". What a waste of time....!

After a few pivotal events, which I'll save for another post, I broke down and bought a pair of queen size pantyhose and all the memories and feelings came right back. Then I found this site.

For about 4 weeks now I been on the "eat less and do more" diet plan. And as a constant reminder I bought several pairs of opaque tights; some fashion, some textured but ALL of them are either control top or "shaping" and I wear them everyday under my drab. They serve as a reminder of my goal, diet plan and they just feel great. And so far I've gone from a size 16 & 196 lbs. to size 14 & 174 lbs. I'd like to get down to a size 10 but I settle for a more fem waist.

Julie is right on the mark with her advice on a doctor's consultation, diet, water, etc... our health is very important... I doubt my wife will bury me in my Donna Karen and pumps. So, if I want to wear them for years to come I need to be smart about loosing the weight.

Good luck and be gentle with yourself. Wear something pretty!! :love:

XXX

Megan

Marla S
12-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Don't give up !
Being a CD a great motivation to lose a few pounds.
Like the others have said it won't be fast and the key words are less calories and more exercises.
Your body needs some time to adjust to less calories and more activity, to avoid the yoyo-effect. So, do it slow but continuously.

JulieCDorlando wrote the essentials, BUT

Eating fruits and vegetables are important, as they contain antioxidants that help rid the body of impurities. Lean meats, like turkey, chicken, fish of any kind. Keep salt to a minimum. Drink at least a quart of water per day (more if possible) drink juices for a change of poace from water. Cut out any extra carbs (sugars, and starches).
- Be careful with juices because they may contain a lot of calories. I.e. apple juice equals Coke in calories having the same amount of sugar (grape juice contains even 30 % more). So it's better to dilute the juices.
- If you have soft drinks for lunch and dinner use light products (you'll eat the same amount and the sugared ones just add calories).
- If you prefer beer, try alcohol free beer. There are actually some good ones (not all of course) and they have half of the calories. Beer is healthy if it is without alcohol. Alcohol has as much calories as butter and almost doubles that of sugar.
- If you like to drink sweetened coffee or tea avoid sweeteners, but use a modarate amount of sugar (only if you don't have diabetis of course).
The low calory level due to the added sugar will delay the hungry feeling and helps to avoid overeating, this saves more calories than the added sugar contributes (shown by a recent Danish study).
- Avoid eating carbs after dinner, because the body first burns the carbs while sleeping. If there are no carbs the body will start to burn body fat (up to 70 g per night)
- Use rape-oil, better virgin olive-oil for cooking or salads instead of other fats. In particular olive-oil supports the cardiovascular system due to it's composition and contains no cholesterol.

Think about if you can walk short distances instead of using the car.
Think about if some activities done by machines can be done by hand (i.e. gardening).
etc.

Sometimes small changes can do a lot without turning the habits upside down.

Karren H
12-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Not saying that its easy or anything but you've got to want something bad enough to do it and stick with it!!

3 years ago I was 220 and I'm only 5' 9"..... Health sucked!! Unhappy! So I started playing ice hockey again after 30 years and exersizing and changed the way I eat.. 9 months later I was 170 and my wife made me stop loosing weight! Said I didn't look good!

Now I've gained a few pounds back but I eat right and play hockey one to two times a week to maintain my girlish figure!!
:D.

So "Please step away from the computer" and get your butt out there and exersize!! NOW!! Times a waisting!! Hehehe

Ohhhh. And no snacks after dinner!! That's a killer for me! And take a walk a lunch!! Also portion control....not a sin to leave food on your plate!!

Love Karren

Julogden
12-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Hi Nuriko,

Like everyone else said, get to work on losing the weight, that will make a big difference. You didn't say what size shoe you wear, but it seems that if you wear larger than size 12 womens shoes, you're going to pretty much have to go on-line for your shoes. See http://community-2.webtv.net/CAW_1976/Largesizewomensshoe/ for a list of some sites that sell large-sized shoes for women.

I'm 6'5" in my bare feet, so I know where you're coming from.

Carol:hugs:

Charleen
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
The best exercise is pushing away from the table! Well, the other stuff is important too. Love and xxxx, Lily

nuriko_2sama
12-07-2006, 05:15 PM
wow, Thank you all. I didnt think i was going to get as many of you to respond as you did. I just have been in that spot where i want to dress and dont. I have been looking for friends out here in modesto and i have such a hard time finding people to talk to and i want to meet others to help me out but no luck. does anyone know good site to find people that dress around me? I need some real people to lean on and help me

Karren H
12-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Go to www.urnotalone.com and click on members...Girls M2F..the select the state and City.... )Ou can sort or filter by sexual orientation if you like.....and If you sign up and give them your zip code then you can also search in distance from you..

Or see if you have a Tri-Ess chapter in your area or google TG or gay and lesbian organizations...

If you want to chat a lot of us have yahoo messenger so just pop in and say hi..

Love Karren

Angela E.
12-09-2006, 10:08 AM
I`m 5'10" and see women much taller than me all the time.Then there`s that pesky weight thing.....My goal is a size 14.I swear I will make it........right after the holidays!:hugs: Angela.:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :doll: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Chiana
12-09-2006, 10:25 AM
There is a site I check in on and it has an exercise program designed for M2F girls. The owner of the site went from being a quarterback in football with really large arms, etc. to a very slim woman. Check it out. I am pretty sure the web address is www.reneereyes.com.