PDA

View Full Version : Finally tried on a femme item in store

Deanna2
12-07-2006, 06:27 AM
I have bought a lot of femme items over the years, but I have never tried one on in the store. I just guess the right size and hope it fits when I get home. Most times it has worked.

I've normally avoided denim skirts, particularly with zips. But I've been thinking lately that I need to have a blue denim skirt. So, just this afternoon I was determined to buy one. I went to a small store and actually asked the sales clerk did she have any and could I try it on before I purchased it. She didn't seem too fussed about my request, but I did explain to her that I was going to dress up party and that was why I needed a skirt. She said that was fine and I tried a couple on until I found one that fitted and I liked.

I must say the sensation of trying on a skirt in a shop was a real blast as I have not done that before. The sales clerk was very helpful and not at all nosy. Just treated me like any other customer.

The skirt is really fantastic. I have it on right now with a red and black top and a pair of 2" slides.

DeeDee3
12-07-2006, 07:17 AM
I have bought a lot of femme items over the years, but I have never tried one on in the store. I just guess the right size and hope it fits when I get home. Most times it has worked.

I've normally avoided denim skirts, particularly with zips. But I've been thinking lately that I need to have a blue denim skirt. So, just this afternoon I was determined to buy one. I went to a small store and actually asked the sales clerk did she have any and could I try it on before I purchased it. She didn't seem too fussed about my request, but I did explain to her that I was going to dress up party and that was why I needed a skirt. She said that was fine and I tried a couple on until I found one that fitted and I liked.

I must say the sensation of trying on a skirt in a shop was a real blast as I have not done that before. The sales clerk was very helpful and not at all nosy. Just treated me like any other customer.

The skirt is really fantastic. I have it on right now with a red and black top and a pair of 2" slides.

Good for you. I finally got up the nerve myself this year. Take my selections to the dressing room and go into the male side, and just proceed to do it. It saves a lot of returns, and everyone here knows sizes by manufacturer sure do vary. DeeDee 3

suzy
12-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Deanna,

Way to go girl!! congradulations! That first step is the biggest...(so I've been told)....now the rest will be easier... go on... buy something else... you know that you want to do it!...GO ON!!!:D

Adrienne Heels
12-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Good for you, Deanna !! It is so much fun th try on in a store. And remember, it will be easier the next time you do it.

Karyn

Karren H
12-07-2006, 07:49 AM
The bag is open now.....you be prancing around the stores in a dress by Christmas!!! :)

Love Karren

Deanna2
12-07-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks girls. I really love your encouragement.

Janailene
12-07-2006, 08:47 AM
The first time I did that was a blast. I became quite confident in just going into smaller specialty stores and telling the truth - I wear woman's clothes and could I try buy some after trying on for size? 90% of the time they wanted the sale more than fainting or screaming!

Agree with Karren, once you have done it you will do it a lot more. Enjoy.

Holly
12-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Congrats, Deanna. Welcome to the wonderful world of shopping!

Daizy Chains
12-07-2006, 10:29 AM
i found large store are good places to try things on ross dress for less and the like in the U.S and TK maxx here in the U.K.
Daizy

Denise01
12-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Deanna:

The first time to try something on in the store is the hardest, the more you do it the easier it will get.

I was very nervous the first time i tried a femme item on, but fortunately i was in a store that was very TG supportive.

I now only go shopping for Denise in femme Mode, and with the variation in sizing in ladies clothing, I will not buy it if I can not try it on.

being dressed totally femme, i have had no problems in trying on clothes in ladies wear stores. I don't even get a second look, even when there are other ladies trying on clothes, some times in various states of dress. Even in stores like Wal-mart, where the dressing rooms have an attendent, i have always been directed to the Womens dressing room, when i am totally femme shopping.

The more you do it , the more confident you will get, and Confidence is the big part of passing in any situation

Denise

Joyciecd
12-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Most times I shop en femme and other times en drab. I ALWAYS try things on at the stores, and have never had one single negative experience. On the contrary, maybe I am imagining things, but I swear the clerks take extra time with me, recognizing that I am either a CD and/or fashion sense handicapped and/or a difficult size for femme clothing. My experience is once I get started in the dressing room, the clerk that is waiting on me runs back and forth bringing different sizes/styles so that I don't have to completely dress in between trying different garments on. This ALWAYS results in at least one sale for the sweet clerks!

StacyCD
12-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Deanna,

I just got back from a similar shopping experience! Once you start--you'll have difficulty stopping! Congratulations!!!

Emma England
12-07-2006, 05:47 PM
Congrats!!

I have always been treated politely from all sales clerks, just as if I was any other female customer.

Alysin CD
12-07-2006, 09:13 PM
It's the only way to shop IMHO.

Alysin

princessmichelle
12-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Congratulations. I remember how scared I was the first time...

PM

Kristen Marie
12-08-2006, 06:34 AM
And what's even better, you'll go back to that shop again, will try on more, and buy more, and feel more comfortable each time.

Just as an example, last night I went to my favorite Payless shoe store with my favorite, nicest young clerk. She came right over to me and said hi, asked if I had any questions as I was trying on the size 12 shoes. I had my thigh-highs under under my guy slacks and she could see my feet. We chatted in the aisle and she always makes the experience so much better. Plus they have an amazing selection in my size so I bought another two pair of shoes. A win win situation.

You go girl.

Victoria Pink
12-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Good for you Deanna2.. Wow -it is quite the experience the first time you do that! I remember every detail of my first time. It wasn't the last time either. In fact I'm itiching to go again - soon.

Victoria