PDA

View Full Version : Best Boss

CaptLex
12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I know I'm bragging (again), but I just wanted to share. I have the best boss in the world . . . so lucky *pinches self*. When I came back from lunch today he handed me a small package and said, "This came for you. I don't know what it is." Then he disappeared . . . when I opened it, guess what it was . . . ?!

The new Pirates DVD! With a lovely note: "Dear Lex, Thanks for all your help, good humor and friendship. All the best for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Jeff"

Isn't he the best?! I've been showing it off to everybody all afternoon. Don't be too jealous . . . :D

P.S. I heard they sold 5 million copies on the first day (2 days ago). :eek:

pocoyo
12-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Aaaaaw!! How sweet. That's very lovely of him :D

Kieron Andrew
12-07-2006, 05:10 PM
cool gift!! but that was sneaky of him lol, you're gonna have to get him back lol

Adam
12-07-2006, 05:19 PM
wow lucky you :eek: i want that dvd :D

RevMoonSerpent
12-07-2006, 05:59 PM
I'm glad you finally got your movie and yes I was one of the 5 million dumbies who purchased on the first day. But, in my defense I didn't buy it for myself it was hubbies birthday present. :D

Charleen
12-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Cool!!!!

Marla S
12-07-2006, 08:00 PM
That's sweet.:thumbsup:

wow lucky you :eek: i want that dvd :D
I want that boss !
(But I think I have to learn something from CaptLex before :straightface: )

CaptLex
12-08-2006, 11:02 AM
That's sweet.:thumbsup:

I want that boss !
(But I think I have to learn something from CaptLex before :straightface: )
Marla,

Nothing to learn . . . I've been in this business 20 years and I've worked with some bad people and some that were okay, but very few that make coming to work a pleasure. That's why I know I'm lucky - we hit it off from day one. It's just good chemistry, I think. We keep each other laughing all day. :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
12-08-2006, 11:30 AM
Marla,

Nothing to learn . . . I've been in this business 20 years and I've worked with some bad people and some that were okay, but very few that make coming to work a pleasure. That's why I know I'm lucky - we hit it off from day one. It's just good chemistry, I think. We keep each other laughing all day. :heehee:
is he straight, gay, married, single? sounds like hes your kinda guy lol......and buying you gifts like that too and its not christmas yet! :whistling: hmmmm!!, yeah i know he's your boss but........

Lisa Golightly
12-08-2006, 01:05 PM
My boss never buys me anything for my hard work... I'm such a meanie ;)

TV Wannabe
12-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Sounds like you've got a great boss, and a great DVD.

Felix
12-08-2006, 01:31 PM
That's soooooooo cool Captain, I want that dvd too!!!!!! xx Felix :hugs:

suzy
12-08-2006, 01:34 PM
What a sweet boss... maybe other bosses need to take lessons from him!:D

CaptLex
12-08-2006, 02:23 PM
is he straight, gay, married, single? sounds like hes your kinda guy lol......and buying you gifts like that too and its not christmas yet! :whistling: hmmmm!!, yeah i know he's your boss but........
Leave it to Mr. Curious to ask . . . :heehee: Actually, he's both straight and married (two types of guys I don't do), but he's very cool with my being trans and gay. This morning I told him I had a "boys night" last night with Mr. Bacardi, Mr. Depp and Mr. Bloom (whenever they mentioned "rum" in the movie, I took a sip of my rum and Coke). He loved that. :D

He's also always looking out for me. Whenever he sees me stay late to finish some work he tells me to make sure I put in for overtime and he'll be glad to sign it. Also, when Human Resources decided to assign another attorney to me, they asked him about it and he checked to see if I was okay with that before he agreed to it (he's not supposed to do that). Like I said, I'm lucky.