PDA

View Full Version : if there was a place..would you come

cdjenny
12-07-2006, 10:02 PM
we(my wife and i) have been toying with a idea now for sometime..like a couple of years.. let me try to explian.. we have thought about a place to where all cd's,tv,ts and such..can come and get a makeover.treated like a lady..a place where you could get make-up as well as tips..have your pic made if you like..you know a place so a girl can be a girl with out having to worry about anybody treating us differently..

if there were a place would u come? if you would how far are you willing to travel to get there? and how much would you be willing to pay for a service like this?

i was just wanting to know before i went and opened up shop..and had nobody to show up?

NatalieBliss
12-07-2006, 10:09 PM
Yes I would go. Yes I would pay it would depend on the service I was getting. Maybe a make-over with instruction on how to do it as $30 - $40? I don't really know what your cost would be do it so that is hard to say. I would travel about a hour to get there.

princessmichelle
12-07-2006, 10:26 PM
There is a place called Femme Fever in Long Island (near NYC) that you might want to check out (online) for comparison.

I'd go but I can't afford it. For distance, I commute to school 2 hours, and a makeover would be SOOO much more fun. So I'd travel more than 2 hours.

Michelle

linnea
12-07-2006, 10:28 PM
There are a number of places like this around the country. I know that Seattle has at least one, for example.

MJ
12-07-2006, 10:30 PM
well there are places we can go but few and far between. so there might be a market for a dressing service. but again i think the cost is way too much.
but thats just me. so yes i think you are on to something . you don't know till you try.

Kimkandy
12-07-2006, 10:34 PM
we have thought about a place to where all cd's,tv,ts and such..can come and get a makeover.treated like a lady..a place where you could get make-up as well as tips..have your pic made if you like..you know a place so a girl can be a girl with out having to worry about anybody treating us differently..

Errm... I think there already are such places... here's one in the UK Transformation http://www.transformation.co.uk/ by all means go ahead an open another one or is that not what you meant?

Kim

:dom: :worship: :cute:

marie354
12-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Yes I'd love to see a place that was CD friendly, especially if it wasn't more than a couple of hours away. Maybe more people would come because... if the atmosphere is right... the customer base would be right.

Amy Hepker
12-07-2006, 11:41 PM
Put it in the middle of the country where everyone could get to it and yes they would come.

cdjenny
12-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Put it in the middle of the country where everyone could get to it and yes they would come.

i was thinking the same thing...and everybody that is a member of this sight would get a great discount..

Sejd
12-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi Linnea
What is that place in Seattle called?
Sejd

Bethanygirl
12-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Try these:

Makeover services: California - Christine Boyar - A female make-up artist located in near Los Angeles. Has worked in the LA film industry as a makeup artist to the stars for over 20 years and has experience with male to female makeovers. Great with wigs and know the tricks; shopping; is a fashion designer; will travel.

Makeover services: Las Vegas, Nevada - FrancinesMakeup.com. - Professional Make-Up Artist/Image Consultant for the Transgendered Communityfocusing on makeup application and instruction, basic wig styling, personalized color analysis, wardrobe consultation and style analysis and working to provide that desired polished look.

Makeover services: Minneapolis, Minnesota - Hair by Morgan - A Minneapolis salon run by a licensed Cosmotologist who is a pre-op Transexual male to female. Morgan provides make-overs for Transexuals with services that include wig styling, full wardrobe service, photography, personal transgender shopping and group outings.

Makeover services: Columbus, Ohio - Miss Erica’s Crossdressing Academy - he afe haven for growth and assistance in the exciting exploration, development and enjoyment of one’s femme side. Transformations, Make-up & Wardrobe, Feminine Detailing,Image Consulting, Confidence Building, Identity Awareness, Attitude & Movement, Comportment, Verbal & Non-Verbal Communications, Girl Talk, Shopping, Excursions, Mini Boutique.

Makeover services: Austin, Texas - Transformations Make up and Hair - Jon Davis (aka Beth Boye). A licensed Appearance Designer amd Image Consultant, working mostly with female clientele, as well as with ad campaigns, fashion shows and beauty pageants. Transformations are a natuaral extension of his lifelong experience as a transgendered person and is the basis for his belief that every TG person, especially those new to the lifestyle, should have professional image counseling to ensure success in creating their own unique style.

Makeover services: Atlanta, Georgia - Phoebecross - Providing a female point of view in a cozy home studio for crossdressers who need to explore their feminine image in a peaceful, discreet setting without distraction from their "real" world. Services include makeovers, dress and deportment,

Makeover services: Philadelphia, PA - CDTips - I help and advise closet, semi and permanent cross-dressers, with dressing, shopping, make-up, etc. In-House Transformations, Personal Shopping, Girls Night Out, Weekend Seminars, Consultations, Make-Up Application, Wig Selection and Maintenance, Feminine Comportment Salon-A-La-Carte, CDtips Advice.

Makeover services: Brooklyn, NY- A Woman's Touch - A relaxed home-like atmosphere that achieves the ultimate feminine image. Colors and styles are selected from extensive wardrobe and wig collection. You learn to prepare the art of make up, dress, nails and hair. Carriage and poise training.

Makeover services: Newburyport, MA - Esthetique - Paula DuBois is a make up and skin care professional who provides client privacy in a cozy one-on-one setting. Makeovers, estensive Skin care Services, Facials, Lash Tinting, and Body Sap Treatments. Makeovers include customized looks and step-by-step instructions in the latest makeup trends.

Makeover services: Vancouver, Canada - Tora Roberts Makeovers - A certified makeup artist who offers a private Vancouver setting for complete male-to-female transformations. Over the past nine years she has developed unique makeup techniques to help crossdressers realize their ultimate feminine appearance.

Virtual Makeover services: United Kingdom -The Boudoir's Cross Dressing Service - The Best Dressing Service in England Transformations, Photography, Hair Styling, Makeup, & Outings.Female figure shaping & dressing.
:thumbsup:

Lisa Maren
12-08-2006, 03:29 AM
Actually I have. There's a place in San Jose called Carla's that I went to for the first time last Friday and had an hourlong makeup lesson. It was $65 if I remember properly. It was really fun, and I met a couple other gurls there. You don't have to have an appointment to be there, either. You're welcome to just come in and hang out. I'm glad to know there is such a place. I live about fifty miles away from Carla's so I don't mind some driving.

Best of luck!

Hugs,
Lisa

Kieron Andrew
12-08-2006, 03:32 AM
Errm... I think there already are such places... here's one in the UK Transformation http://www.transformation.co.uk/ by all means go ahead an open another one or is that not what you meant?

Kim

:dom: :worship: :cute:
Transformation is a big con and rip off, the goods you receive are rubbish, there far better services in the UK, such as The Boudoir, The birdcage and a few others round the country

noname
12-08-2006, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't do something like that. Wondering though, what do they offer that you can't get somewhere else? You can buy clothes, and I'm pretty sure you can get a makeover anywhere if you ask. Other than pictures?

Patricia Danielle
12-08-2006, 05:33 AM
Is there any around the Kansas City area?..Patricia..:D

Joy Carter
12-08-2006, 05:33 AM
I'd do it once maybe but unless it had a base on social activities like a club I'd not be interested. There was one on Novi Michigan and it went by the wayside a couple of years ago. The one real problem I my view would be limited clientèle. I'd really like a place to go and share idea's and to get to know others like me face to face. This place however is the next best thing. Thank God for it's existence.:D

Kate Simmons
12-08-2006, 05:45 AM
Hell yes, if it were closer. Too bad I live in PA. Would be nice to get together with a bunch of babbling females and getting "fixed up" at the same time. We'd get to see how this half lives when they "pretty up" and have a "hen party".:happy: Ericka Kay

Tiffy
12-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Well your thing says you are in SC and I am in NC. YUP, my wife would bring me for sure. Would love to come. Would be great. Best of luck dear.

Tiffy

Diana West
12-08-2006, 10:09 AM
The Chicago area seems lacking here.

As for your idea, it would be nice if you offered house calls too (for those who don't venture out en femme).

Kimkandy
12-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Transformation is a big con and rip off, the goods you receive are rubbish, there far better services in the UK, such as The Boudoir, The birdcage and a few others round the country

OK I haven't been to Transformation... and Boudoir http://www.theboudoironline.com/ looks interesting and may be better, the point I was making is that this is not some new idea... it's been done already. See bethanygirl's post for makeover services in the US.

Kim

:dom: :yrtw:

Tammietoo
12-08-2006, 11:07 AM
I had a transformation about 6 years ago at Studiolites.com in Denver and it was a watershed experience for me, they did a fantastic job, however the main drawback for me was the cost, with a photo shoot was pushing $400. That said, I've never looked so good and they were extremely nice and put me at ease especially considering how nervous I was, and that it was my first time completely dressed. (my middle school attempts with my mom's clothes, blush and lipstick don't count :heehee:) I think that a more affordable place would be welcome, however travel is a huge consideration, and I do believe despite the fact their doesn't seem like it, there really is some competition. Good luck sweetie! I'm all for more places for girls like us to get pretty and be comfortable.

Julogden
12-08-2006, 11:44 AM
The Chicago area seems lacking here.

As for your idea, it would be nice if you offered house calls too (for those who don't venture out en femme).
Chicago, lacking? Apparently you aren't aware of these businesses in the Chicago area.

Check out http://www.jannasplace.com/
http://www.transformationsbyrori.com/
http://www.spaskinstyle.com/index.php
http://www.geocities.com/rachelswigs/

Carol:hugs:

Kieron Andrew
12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Chicago, lacking? Apparently you aren't aware of these businesses in the Chicago area.

Check out http://www.jannasplace.com/
http://www.transformationsbyrori.com/
http://www.spaskinstyle.com/index.php
http://www.geocities.com/rachelswigs/

Carol:hugs:
lol Carol you beat me to it i was JUST about to post a load of links for Chicago

MsJanessa
12-08-2006, 11:51 AM

Kieron is right----many of the so-called transformation services are a rip off---others are ok----it really depends on the expertise of the people doing the make over----I've seen a lot on line where they are asking 200---300 dollars for an hour or two session---definitly not worth it.

Diana West
12-08-2006, 11:59 AM
lol Carol you beat me to it i was JUST about to post a load of links for Chicago

WOW!:o Please forgive my naivete.:o I really didn't know about them.:o
I've asked at a couple of web sites but never received any responses about Chicago area businesses.

BobbieCD1944
12-08-2006, 12:27 PM
a place where you could get make-up as well as tips..have your pic made if you like..you know a place so a girl can be a girl with out having to worry about anybody treating us differently..

if there were a place would u come? if you would how far are you willing to travel to get there? and how much would you be willing to pay for a service like this?

i was just wanting to know before i went and opened up shop..and had nobody to show up?

As you can see in other replies, there are places all over. I've been to Carla's In San Jose. Nice place, nice lady. Up here...

http://www.victoriasrainbow.tv/

I met Victoria because she had done a transformation for an out of state friend. We ended up making an impromptu trip to The Embers. I do not know her prices. Someday I'll do it and hopefully include a night out on the town :)

Leslie Foxx
12-08-2006, 12:33 PM
In New England there are a few I know of.

http://www.tgnorth.com/ Excellent place from personal experience.
http://austinsangels.com/ Great word of mouth on this one.
http://thefantasygirl.com/ Don't know anything about this one.

heelme
12-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Here's my observations. Some time ago, there were a few CD/TV boutiques, I guess you would call them, near enough it wasn't an all day event just to get there and back. These shops were mostly clothing, some shoe and boot selection and little in the way of makeup, wigs and accessories. One shop was trying to start a service as CDJenny describes. But apparently it didn't catch on. Each time I was in these shops, I was the only one or there would be one other there. The prices were steep as this was before the internet flourished. Neither of these shops is open today and I have found no "new" ones anywhere near me. Is that a sign? Maybe. But maybe the way the shop operates and what it offers is worth a look.

I'm not passable, so for me, thinking of going to a service to "make me up" wouldn't change my size, shape or very masculine facial features (to a great degree anyway). So, I wouldn't enjoy it other than at home again. I don't think I am alone. I'm guessing there are more men like me than men who can pass and/or do go out and about fully dressed. I would seriously entertain a social club type of affair where you could hang out. I envision a place that did makeovers, sold cosmetics, had a lounge area, changing room, food and drink and maybe books. A place that is a true safe haven but where you could expect to meet and chat, share and enjoy time with like minded people. Yeah, it sounds great, but is it feasible? Could a place like this turn a profit? I think it could and without gouging the hell out of everyone. I tend to think of it this way. A business that would cater to a very narrow clientele would need to offer something unique and there would have to be value. Value doesn't have to mean a cheap cost. For me, the value would be a place that is comfortable and where I could be fully dressed, socialize and not worry that I look like a man in a dress.

Sorry this is long, but humor me.

The down side of this type of business is keeping alive long enough to develop a following. Of course, having an internet presense offering goods would help with the bottom line and get the word out about what YOU have that other's don't. I also don't think that repeatable traffic, the kind this type of place caters to the most, would be but for the localized populace. In other words, I don't think there would be a lot of repeat customers from too far away. I think I might travel a few hours, but not much more for something like this. That might seem like a shop stopper, but consider all those guys out there that don't go out, don't "come out" or those that have had the urge, but just haven't been brave enough to take the step. I think in a large metroplitan area, these numbers are huge. Enticing them to participate is the key.

suzy
12-08-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm aware of many such businesses...but there is always room for another!:D

BUT Janis is on to something! I would be willing to bet if someone would offer a service to go to one's home and do the work, it would take off big time. A mobile salon for CD's with photos and a line of clothing with internet connectivity.... hey, the sky is the limit!

I just might be on to something big here...:D Travel, see the country and make some money....how can you beat that idea??:love:

TV Wannabe
12-08-2006, 01:23 PM
check out this video on youtube its related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtd5kpX3W7k

Janice Ann
12-08-2006, 01:38 PM
:2c: I have been to victoriasrainbowtv in Porland for a makeover , was fun, went back a few more times just to dressup and be with the other girls, even got the nerve up to drive my 1 and 1/2 hr trip dressed, ( I learnt about rest areas and rest rooms on that trip.
Now if it was closer this girl would be her best client.

Tammietoo
12-08-2006, 03:13 PM
check out this video on youtube its related.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtd5kpX3W7k

A touch off topic, but...

Egads....after watching that and Dizzle from Inked get transformed and look so good, it pains me that they can look that good and it takes such effort on my part. Oh well, life's not fair but we do the best we can. :D

I know they both had professional help, but still, guess alot of it is bone structure and body type, now I'm going to try and suck the life out of myself and put on my corset...think skinny thoughts

StayceeCD
12-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I've done the transformation thing 4 times.
1st time in Toronto at Take a Walk on the Wildside. Great experience and lounge to hang out with other girls and store to shop in!
2nd time at Adam to Eve in SF. Basically just makeup, clothes, a (very) few pics, see ya! No time at all to just hang out and enjoy being a girl! :(
3rd time at Janets Closet in Detroit. Great experience, lots of pics and clothes, makeup changes and great shop!
4th time was a visit to the AMAZING Jamie Austin. This was just last week and can't wait to get my pics! Lots of wig, clothing, makeup changes and tons of pics! I think we took over 300!! He really works you like a model! You will be sore but the result is breathtaking!
It's a bit expensive, from $150 - $350, but for closeted girls, girls with limited makeup skills and wardrobe, or girls who just want to be pampered it's great! You WILL be on a cloud!! :2c:

Naomi
12-09-2006, 08:41 AM
we(my wife and i) have been toying with a idea now for sometime..like a couple of years.. let me try to explian.. we have thought about a place to where all cd's,tv,ts and such..can come and get a makeover.treated like a lady..a place where you could get make-up as well as tips..have your pic made if you like..you know a place so a girl can be a girl with out having to worry about anybody treating us differently..

i would be interested in such a salon catering for girls like us and providing the costs are competitive i'd be happy to go to one, god knows a need instruction with most of the c/ding to be honest.

Thora
12-09-2006, 08:57 AM
I think if you want to open a CD shop in (South Carolina? Am I reading that right?) you should. There are lots of girls too shy to go to the department store. Just don't take advantage of them. Keep your prices reasonable.

The store would work for the communities also. The local community would benefit from the business. Any new business is good for communities (ethical exceptions apply). Having a storefront that openly proclaims it's services for the Trans community is also a win-win. We need to show ourselves. We need to show ourselves to be the good people we are. If we do that enough, then maybe, we won't need shops just for shy girls.

You go! girlz.

PaulaMea
12-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I've fantasized about taking a trip to Boston specifically for a transformation at Austin's Angels (http://austinsangels.com/). It's all about how the gals look after and the Angels look fantastic. Other than going to the UK, I'd go there. BTW: I have no affiliation with them.

It's all about envy; I want to look that good.

Paula

I've done the transformation thing 4 times.
4th time was a visit to the AMAZING Jamie Austin. This was just last week and can't wait to get my pics! Lots of wig, clothing, makeup changes and tons of pics! I think we took over 300!! He really works you like a model! You will be sore but the result is breathtaking!
It's a bit expensive, from $150 - $350, but for closeted girls, girls with limited makeup skills and wardrobe, or girls who just want to be pampered it's great! You WILL be on a cloud!! :2c: