PDA

View Full Version : Encounter with police...

LaurenInDC
12-07-2006, 10:10 PM
So, I'm out and about en femme tonight doing all the things one normally does - i.e. making a deposit at the ATM. While I'm filling out my deposit slip, I suddenly notice a very bright light in my rearview mirror. Next thing I know, a police officer is at my window. Turns out the bank's alarm activated while I was parked outside. I handed over my ID without fuss, and she returned after a brief trip back to her car. The bottom line - these are people I train as an instructor. I'm now curious if the report will indicate how I was dressed. It's not germaine to the report, but you never know. I guess I have to see what happens and what, if any, the rofessional reprecussions may be...

-L

princessmichelle
12-07-2006, 10:16 PM
!!!!

:eek:

As I've posted elsewhere, an encounter with the police is my worst nightmare. Even if its just a traffic ticket or something simple. Something like that DID happen to me a few weeks ago, but thank GOD I wasn't enfemme.

Add to that fear the professional repercussions possible....

Lauren, all I can say is good luck.

Michelle

linnea
12-07-2006, 10:27 PM
I had an encounter--quite a few years ago--with county sheriff's deputies. There were three involved in the situation during which I was detain and questioned and released because I was not at fault or a party to the problem. Nonetheless, I spent about an hour and a half, dressed en femme, with the sheriffs all three of whom had been in classes that I taught at a college in the area. I don't know the details of the report, but I never heard anything from those three or any of their colleagues whom I encountered in subsequent courses.
I've heard horror stories. Mine isn't one of them, but it could have been. I feel very fortunate.

Amy Hepker
12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
The closest call I ever had was one time many years ago. I had bought a Long line bra from a underwear fitter. I took in to a restroom at a park. I seen that there was a car out front so I waited. A guy left, and I went in with the Bra up under my coat (planning to put it on). I entered the restroom, went to a stall, took off my coat and shirt and put the Long Line Bra on. I was just getting my coat on when I heard a car pull up. When I was walking out, I past a local cop going into the restroom. That was a close call! Not like yours, but too close for me.

Jenna1561
12-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Lauren,

Good luck with that encounter and its outcome. I'm in the DC area on a business trip. Staying in Ashburn. Been out and about to several shopping areas. I love shopping in a big metro area. Rural Oklahoma is very limited in its opportunities.

Jenna

Nike
12-07-2006, 11:37 PM
My best wishes and Prayers are with you that this was a non-event as it should be. I understand the fear of professional repurcussions and again hope for the very best. Perhaps over the long run that same officer will approach any transgendered person they may encounter in the future with more calm and understanding.

The ultimate irony here is, even though unintentional you did some spontaneous field training.

DonnaT
12-07-2006, 11:40 PM
DC has a nondiscrimination policy that includes gender identity.

So I wouldn't worry.

Lauren Richards
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Lauren,
I think you will be fine. I got pulled over in my driveway one night, and although I had to pull off my wig to show the person in the car matched the drivers license, there was no problem. Hope your encounter is likewise.

Lauren

nikisbest
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
I am not sure how it is in the rest of the country, but if I were working and
had an alarm at a business or bank and approached a transgender person.
I would fill out, what we call a field interview card, the card wouldn't say anything about you wearing a dress or whatever. It would however show name, address, tattoos, facial hair, short or long head hair, you get the idea.
Mainly just showing who you are, when you were there, and if your not in our computer, your distinguishing characteristics, like tattoos and such.
My :2c:. Don't know if it helps you or not.

Niki

Karren H
12-08-2006, 12:38 AM
I know quite a few TG police officers and they all say that they get training on this and as long as your not trying to hide your try identity through your enfemme disguise, its not a big deal..

Love Karren

trannie T
12-08-2006, 01:15 AM
I was driving home one night while dressed and got stopped at a drunk driving checkpoint. The officers made no mention of my choice in clothing, their only concern was if I had been drinking.

I do, however, live in mortal fear of the Fashion Police.

Diana West
12-08-2006, 10:29 AM
At one time in my life, I was a newspaper reporter. I saw tons and tons of police reports. They tend to avoid characterizing anyone in a negative light. It could result in a lawsuit. The only time something like that may be an issue is if you were drunk, disguising yourself, or attacking the officer.

The things that officers see and experience on a daily basis would blow your mind. Seeing someone en femme doesn't come near the top of the list. Even someone they know.

Believe me, most officers would rather talk about how stupid a criminal is rather than about some guy in a dress.

crossing-the-rain
12-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Lauren,I'm not sure but I think and hope you will be fine,don't worry too much,just let's it be.
Rain.

Sophy
12-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Concerning this question, this is my experience i've told on another thread:

I was driving my car in Paris, in the large rue de Rivoli, fully clothed in a elegant and feminine style, on my way to go to a party. It was about midnite and suddenly i was blocked into a traffic jam, forced to stop. Lots of vehicules around me and I noticed, about 20 meters in front of me, a heavy police barrage. Policemen were stopping and controlling most of the drivers, i don't know for what reason, perhaps because of a robberry or so. I was scared to be controlled and have trouble with the police, to be conducted to the policestation, and some other kind of fantasms we can have when we feel anxious to be "discovered" by undesirable people...

The two vehicules before me were stopped, their drivers forced to step out and present their papers. Well, i'm am now the first vehicule on the barrage line, an agent come near me and look at me through the window. I feel his glance on me, he stares at me, gauge me... My heart beats the hell but i try to keep my calm and simply make a slight and feminine smile. A few seconds elapse... then he makes me sign to pass and go away whithout asking me to stop. I push on the accelerator with an easement sigh...

As i was leaving the barrage, i realized that the policeman had surely simply considered that i was nothing but an elegant woman alone in her car, who had nothing to do with what they were looking for. After these so long seconds of anxiety, i was now overwhelmed by the delicious feeling to have been able to express a so feminine essence than even a cop had not discovered that i was not exactly a real women ;)

MsJanessa
12-08-2006, 12:10 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about it darling----most cops these days are fairly professional about this type of thing.

carla smith
12-08-2006, 12:30 PM
I did worry about it the first time, but learned that the officers really do not care as there is no law for how one dresses.

I was told by the officer that stopped me that "As long as no one is "offended" by the way you are dressed, then there is no action. He also said that as long as you are not exposing genitalia, usually you are ok.

Been stopped twice dressed to the nines, did not get a ticket either time....crying helps! No just kidding!!

Have fun out there

Carla