PDA

View Full Version : Weird Experience

Samantha O
12-08-2006, 01:09 AM
Allright, so...I have to ask about this experience I had a couple of weeks ago, 'cause I don't know what to think. I really joined this forum to ask about this. Bear with me if it's long-winded. Firstly, let me say that I've been CDing for a long time (ten years, at least). I kind of look at it as a sort of art-form and I really try to present a complete image as an attractive woman. I work pretty hard at this and invest alot of time and also finances. I always go for the same "look"; kind of a "businesswoman" appearance (boring, I know), mostly skirt suits/professional attire. Over time, I've learned to buy and wear only good-quality outfits (Anne-Klein, etc.) and shoes (don't ever buy cheap pumps!). I also put alot of time into getting just the right wigs and makeup, including taking lessons. Trust Me, this is NOT cheap! But I also have to say that I've spent alot of time trying to perfect my "behavoir". I've "studied" the mannerisms of the kind of woman I try to portray for a long time; how they sit down or stand up, how they walk in heels, get in and out of a car...etc., etc. I practice these "skills" quite a bit and always try to act "ladylike" when I'm enfemme. Now, while I usually crossdress alone, I do go out in public fairly often. I like to just portray myself as a "real" GG and do normal things like shopping, doing errands, etc., almost always on my own. Whatever the reason, this seems to satisfy me. As far as I can tell, I've never been "read" by anyone, including store clerks, etc. Now, I admit...I'm blessed in that I'm not too tall (5'8) and I'm pretty slender and I guess I have kind of "feminine" facial features (don't hate me! I was born this way!!). I live alone right now, so I shave my legs and body (I don't have alot of body hair to begin with). Anyway, back to the point of all this...I just wanted to give you some background. A few weeks ago, I was sitting in the cafeteria of a large hospital (not for my own medical problems...don't ask), dressed enfemme. My oufit was pretty typical for me; Dark brown knee-length skirt (O.K...slightly above the knee), matching suit jacket, dark brown suede pumps (2 1/2 inch heels), sheer pantyhose and a feminine, caramel-colored blouse. I was wearing a new, auburn-colored wig (past shoulder-length), moderate makeup and my only jewlery was a string of pearls (real), a silver bracelet and two small rings (not on my ring finger). Anyhow, there I was, minding my own business, reading a magazine and a young man (mid-20's) walks up, says he has bought me a cup of coffee and can he sit with me. Shit! This is something I've never prepared myself for, being totally heterosexual. I guess I just never even considered it!:eek: I thought about just getting up and leaving, but I thought it might seem a little weird. Trying not to panic, I think I said something like;"Uhh...sure, but I need to leave soon to visit my friend..." So he sits down and proceeds to have a conversation with me. Now, I HAVE worked on having a feminine voice when enfemme, but usually just having to say a few words to store clerks, etc. I've never had a real conversation with anyone before. We talked for about fifteen minuetes before I excused myself. He didn't pry too much and he was certainly polite, only really asked my name (told him "Samantha"), how my "friend" was, did I live around there, etc. When I got up to leave, he shook my hand, which, honestly, really freaked me out; my nails were painted and fairly well manicured and I have pretty small hands for a "guy", but still!!! He asked if he could "get in touch" with me. I think I was just gaping for a second and I think I smiled and said "maybe another time" or something. I picked up my purse and magazine and walked away. Although my heart was pounding, I tried my best to just go slowly and put on my best "girl walk". I'm pretty sure he watched me all the way out of the room.Thank God for all those hours of practice in heels!! Once outside, I called my friend's room, told her I needed to go home unexpectadly, went to my car in the garage and got out of there. Now, here's my question: What Happened? Was this guy Gay? If so, I don't really have a problem. While I'm totally hetero, I'm also NOT homophobic (what CD really can be?). Was this guy maybe also a CD, and did he "read" me somehow? Or was he just a straight guy looking for something? I can't really figure it out after trying to look at it from all angles. What do you think? Keep in mind a few things...Nobody else in the hospital (fairly busy, midday) seemed to pay me any attention, including the girl I bought the magazine from and the food-service workers...there were two GG's dressed like I was sitting at the next table through all this and they never batted an eye, just kept blabbing on with their conversation...I guess the guy seemed O.K.-looking (I don't usually assess other guys!) and "normal"...he acted and asked the same kind of questions I would, if I was trying to get to know a GG...and throughout our conversation he gave no hint whatsoever that he thought he was talking to anything other than a GG...also, he didn't "seem" Gay; I'm not an expert, but I have a few Gay friends. This is what baffles me...Did I really actually "pass" as a GG in close contact with someone? While my ego wants to say yes, I find it hard to believe, even with all my practice, that I could actually pull this off...especially un-planned for. Like I said, it was a WEIRD experience. While this won't dissude me from crossdressing in public, maybe in the future I won't sit around looking "available" to talk to. Let me know your thoughts...:rolleyes:

trannie T
12-08-2006, 01:22 AM
He probably saw an attractive woman sitting by herself. He had a talk with an attractive woman. He probably still has no idea that the woman he talked with was a crossdresser.

Joni Beauman
12-08-2006, 01:28 AM
I'd talk to anyone friendly...being alert to the direction of the interation for contingency planning. This has happened a few times - while perhaps efforts at a pick up, it was always easy to avoid any conflicts - particularly since these are were in a public space. Joni

Teresa Amina
12-08-2006, 07:40 AM
Sounds like you're better than you think. Post a pic so we can see:happy:

Julogden
12-08-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi Samantha,

Well, you might want to keep this experience in mind for future reference. The only way that you can know why someone would do something like that is to ask him. Maybe he clocked you, maybe he didn't, maybe he was attracted, maybe he was another CD looking for a friend. You will never know unless you see him again and ask him.

You're apparently a bit worked up over this experience, but if you're out in public, you have to be prepared for stuff like that.

I remember being freaked out the first time a guy offered to buy a drink for me at a bar, but I got over it and learned to deal with it in the future, resulted in making a friend or two, as well as getting lots of free drinks!:heehee:

In my case, there's no question of whether or not he knew I was a CD, as I don't pass, and I was in a bar where CD's hang out, still, it upset me enough that I immediately got up and went home. I got over it.

Not passing isn't the end of the world, so if you think that's the case, don't let it bother you. You're out and about, having fun, apparently passing, so appreciate that and if you're clocked occasionally, no big deal, you're more fortunate than those of us who can't pass to save our lives.

Keep up the good work,
Carol:hugs:

Shelly Preston
12-08-2006, 09:10 AM
Irrespective he was straight or gay (i think straight)
He saw an attractive woman sitting by herself and though you were worth making the effort to chat with. The fact he asked to contact you again suggets he was very attracted to you.
Had he been gay he would have surely have let you know you had been read to just so there was no misunderstanding.

Diana West
12-08-2006, 09:40 AM
You mentioned the issue yourself. No ring on the ring finger.

That's why you can't narrow down what his intentions may have been without directly asking him.
The fact that you were in a hospital could mean that he was visiting someone and was waiting like you were. Maybe he began talking to you just to pass the time, and found you interesting.

I wonder if he would have spoken to you if your ring finger was occupied.

Kristen Kelly
12-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Great, no matter what, chalk it up to a life experience. Sounds like it was a positive experience for you that you were not expected, I think u handled it well. I do not readily give out my cell number but I give out my e-mail address and there they can get “ALL” the answers they need to fill in the blanks, I even have made business cards with my picture and e-Mail address. Where it goes from there it’s up to them then and no surprises on either side.

Kimkandy
12-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a hetro guy thinking you are an :gorgeous: attractive woman. A guy buying you a :coffee2: coffee doesn't make either of you gay.

Now if you meet him again and he buys you dinner and drinks and you go back to his place... :eek: that might be different...

Kim

:dom: :lovestruck: :luvu: :love:

Calliope
12-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Bear with me if it's long-winded.

Long-winded is cool.

But, please, havaheart and break it up into paragraphs.

kathy gg
12-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi...I found your story interesting.....hmmm well this goes {in my mind} with three different possibilities.

1. a straight guy hitting on what he thought was a woman. {but next time....dont' take any drink any stranger offers you. You never know what is in it, unless you see it arrive from the counter straight to your hand. I mean it only takes a second to add a drug to someone's drink.}

2. another crossdresser who did *clock* you as a fellow cd and tried to maybe gently befriend you.

3. a t-girl admirer with a very good eye for gals like yourself who thought you were hot.

Also...I disagree, just because any woman has a ring on her finger does not stop a guy from *probing*. I have been out with gg freinds plenty of times and ring or no ring, if a guy wants to have a shot, he will. Might discourage the *nicer* guys from bothering a possibly married woman..but some men will hit on you regardless.

JulieMichelle
12-08-2006, 05:43 PM
First off, I agree with DayTripper - for the love of god, use PARAGRAPHS! My eyes are watering after reading that BLOCK of text. *lol*

Secondly, I would imagine he just saw a beautiful woman and wanted to talk to her. I've felt that way before - of course, I didn't have the guts to go say hi, but still...

And I doubt he was another CD or tranny-chaser, as I imagine he probably would've hinted at it at some point? Just MHO.

Enjoy it!
:)
Julie

Jesse69
12-09-2006, 12:25 AM
You seemed to have passed as a beautiful woman. And a voice that lasted 15 minutes! Why don't you post pics of yourself in your skirt suits in the Picture Section!

Samantha O
12-09-2006, 12:34 AM
Okay Girls, Thank You for all the replies...I didn't expect that many so soon. You gave me some food for thought. Sorry about the paragraph thing (lack thereof). I will eventually try to post you some pics. I'm travelling for work right now, I'll need to get back home first.

Audry
12-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Post some pictures when you get a chance there a lot of girls on this forum that pass. and i'm sure they had things like that happen I think you passed with him Hun
:doll:

Sally24
12-09-2006, 10:28 PM
If you have worked so hard on your appearance I find it a little comical that you never expected a male to be attracted to you. It is pretty much inevitable if you go out in public long enough. Whether it is an admirer, a gay man, or a straight male you have to have some sort of plan on what to do. I don't mind the thought of conversation, and posibly a little dancing, but that would be it. You have to figure out if you're interested at all, and if not, what will you do in that situation.

I suspect that you probably passed in this situation and just attracted a nice man who was interested. Good job!

Sally