PDA

View Full Version : Female Crossdressing?

Since12
01-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Is there really such a thing? There are female transvestites but crossdressers? Every girl I have ever met could be considered a female crossdresser. They all wear pants, some wear boxers, ball-hats, T-Shirts, shall I go on? In the 1980's they even wore mens suits!

There is no stigma for a Girl in mens wear buying clothing for her self. My sister does it, my messanger female friends do it. They are even open about it. Yet if a guy should go into womens wear? Call security to watch him on the spycams becuase he must be a pervert (That happened to me once). I am sorry but ftm crossdressing really doesn't exist, if a female wants to wear mens clothes she is allowed by society, they have been wearing mens clothes for more then 100 years and they are able to do it with out any guilt, any embaracement with out any title attached.

Blue Jeans? Those are mens clothing yet every girl owns a pair. A guy with a skirt though is called discusting by the girl wearing the jeans. Double standard to the say the least.

Abraxas
01-16-2005, 12:22 AM
Well then...

Alright, I can answer this.

Yes, MOST women do wear mens' or mens' style clothing.

However, if you are a TV/CD or whatever, you must understand that it is not about the clothes.
Clothing is just an outward expression of an inward feeling.

I'm an FTM transvestite and feel that basically, I should have been born male. Or, at least I feel that I am part male and part female. Or something. There is a percentage of masculinity in me that is greater than the femininity.

I don't feel that men should have any hassle when wearing womens' clothes. It's everyone's inalienable right to wear whatever they feel like wearing, whenever they feel like wearing it.
I think men should be able to feel like they can walk into a womens' store, pick out something, and try it on in the fitting rooms without a second glance from any employee or customer.
Now, while a lot of this is society's problem, a lot of it also has to do with the shyness of the TG community. If men are afraid to go to a shop and try on a bra or a skirt, then the general public will not see very many of them.
I heard somewhere that about 1 in 100 men are TV or CD. That would mean that 1 in every 200 or so people is a MTF. Therefore, if all of these guys were out in public and went shopping wherever and whenever they wanted, about 1 in 200 customers in every shop would be an MTF.
If that many guys went into womens' shops and just BOUGHT clothes, people would recognise that these people do exist and that they're normal.

Women used to be recognised as TVs, back in the 20s when they first began wearing trousers. But these women came back with "So? I'm allowed to, right?"
The word "Transvestite" was removed from the social dictionary within ten or twenty years. If guys would do the same thing-- wear whatever the hell they want in public, and shop at whatever stores they feel like-- be proud of who they are-- then eventually society would begin to accept transvestism in men.
Eventually, there would no longer be any male transvestites. Some men would still feel like they should have been born women and vice versa, but there wouldn't be a social stigmata associated with transgender. People would not apply these terms to other people.

I'm just going by history here. I think it really could happen, if more people would just COME OUT and be proud of who they are.

Since12
01-16-2005, 03:06 AM
It is a little more complicated then how women did it. But I do agree with you a bit on some things.

Here is sort of how it has always worked.
A woman wearing mens clothes is Hott! In the eyes of men.
A man wearing womens clothes is dead meat in the eyes of men.

When I say men I of course mean Macho Men who rule the world. It is difficult to explain because I do not completely understand this double standard completely. All I do know is we are who we are and there is nothing wrong with that. If someone doesn't like us? I say screw them! I don't like them then.

And If I offended you or any other wtm please forgive me, I was just trying to make a point and a rant about mtw frustration. Have a good day. :)

Since12
01-16-2005, 03:11 AM
Abraxas you have a nice website. Well done. Sorry I didn't sign your guestbook. I couldn't find it.

Abraxas
01-16-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh, that's cool. I wasn't offended. A lot of people just don't get it or have a hard time with it or whatever.
The world is full of these macho men, but I've found that lots of them really ARE cool with it.

Some Male TVs don't worry about passing-- and if you're confident enough in it, then people tend not to hassle you.

I got HELL for dressing the way I did-- between the ages of about 12 and 15. People called me the most derogatory names you could imagine, but once my confidence kicked in... I haven't been bothered since.

Little kids seem to be the main, sort of, beings that give you hassle. Point and laugh, that sort of thing.

Anyway, glad you liked my site. The guestbook is on its own page. If you look around a bit, it's on there :)

Thanks,
Eddie

takoyaki
03-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Anyways, I somewhat agree about the whole girl dressing as a guy not as a big deal and that most women could be considered crossdressers because they do wear a few men's things.

But for me (this is just my opinion, so don't take it personally/literally), a true FTM crossdresser goes all the way. They don't have to have a butch hair cut or anything but something short and boy/guyish. Plus, they have to play the part of a guy. Walk, talk, act like one. Like when MTF crossdressers crossdress they usually attempt to imitate the opposite sex in their gait, talk, motions, etc. (or to my knowledge at least.)

So yeah.. that's all im gonna say.