PDA

View Full Version : Primping

Penny
12-09-2006, 03:53 AM
Some people's life might be said to be an "open book". Mine is a mirror image of what I look like as a woman. That is to say, I do spend a lot of time in front of the mirror. My wife says I primp a lot more than most women.
As I have written before, I am a perfectionist or at least strive for excellence when I comes to looking feminine. I don't believe it's vanity but I find myself looking in the mirror a lot and fixing something. Do you all find this to be true with you?

Penny

Kate Simmons
12-09-2006, 04:38 AM
The mirror and I are old "buds" Penny. Not so much of a "bud" that I'm always comfortable. Mirrors don't lie and sometimes what I see in mine is "scary". O f course, as you say, being "women" and all, we probably tend to see things that aren't really there in relation to our looks. I'm okay most of the time during the day but when I first get up in the morning , I'm a "federal disaster":eek: . Unbelievable what a shave and a little makeup will do.Even the worst disasters are "fixable" I guess. Thank God the mirror is my "bud" in that respect.:happy: Ericka Kay

Penny
12-09-2006, 05:19 AM
Yea, I was at the bathroom mirror this morniing and bulb blew. Scared the bejeebers out of me. So Erica, at that point, it deffinitely was not my friend!

:hugs:

Penny

Kate Simmons
12-09-2006, 05:35 AM
Not to beat this to "death" Penny but really, sometimes when I wake up, I look like "The Devil's Grandma". I use my mirror to transform that sorry sight into something that doesn't scare me. One night before going out as Ericka, I really looked at myself in comparison to what I started out as. I normally don't give it a second thought. I realized at that time just how much primping accomplishes the final touch. It's those "little things" like women do to bring out the attractiveness. If this were a trade, I think a lot of us here would be well on our way to becoming a master (or mistress) craftsman, wouldn't you agree? I just do it to be me though.:hugs: :happy: Ericka Kay

Raychel
12-09-2006, 06:29 AM
I have to say that I am totally opposite. The mirror is an enemy. Whenever I see that guy in a dress, I get a little freeked out, and start thinking (What the heck am I doing) It is kinda OK as long as I don't make eye contact. You know just check out the babe in the mirror from the neck down.

:eek:

Kate Simmons
12-09-2006, 06:35 AM
I have to say that I am totally opposite. The mirror is an enemy. Whenever I see that guy in a dress, I get a little freeked out, and start thinking (What the heck am I doing) It is kinda OK as long as I don't make eye contact. You know just check out the babe in the mirror from the neck down.

:eek:That's where imagineering comes in Raychel. You need to develop the ability to see beyond the mirror and envision the final product. You should see how I start out. The end result is nothing like the "real" thing, DNA analysis notwithstanding.:heehee: :happy: Ericka Kay

Penny
12-09-2006, 10:16 AM
That's where imagineering comes in Raychel. You need to develop the ability to see beyond the mirror and envision the final product. You should see how I start out. The end result is nothing like the "real" thing, DNA analysis notwithstanding.:heehee: :happy: Ericka Kay
Ain't makeup grand! It's makes me feel from like death warmed over to radiant sunshine. It is, for me, wakeup!

Kate Simmons
12-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Every time I become Ericka, I feel like a new "woman". It's almost as if I create a new "me" every time. I never seem to look the same way twice. Some things are the same but there are always subtle differences I decide upon at the last minute. I never really know what I'm going to look like until I'm finished. Of course, I'm always the same person inside and that is how my friends know me. Keeps me from getting bored anyway.:happy: Ericka Kay