PDA

View Full Version : Took That Last Corner a Bit Fast

Phyliss
12-09-2006, 06:05 AM
Whoops, took that last corner a bit fast.
Hang in there with me while I set up the "happening"

As many of you know I've "come out" to my wife of 35+ years, recently. Quite frankly I'm a bit surprised by her reaction to all of this. While not being 100% supportive, (read: not quite ready to go shopping with me dressed or do the "club" thing) but she does allow me to be dressed at home in front of her and hasn't "gone over the edge" when she happens to se me in a bra and panties, while getting dressed or undressed for bed, and I can wear nice night gowns to bed with her.
I've gotten to a point of having an amout of freedom in most things. Not able to sit down at the supper table while fully dressed, due to having our 13 yr old grandson living with us.

So,.... with Christmas around the corner, the question arises, "what do you want for Christmas"? Now, after being married so long and having acquired almost everything we could want over the years there is very little we really need. I finally got out of her that she'd like to complete her Hummel collection of the Manger Scene. (She already has Mary, Joseph, and The Infant, along with two of the shephards) I got her the Three Kings and their camels. (not cheap$$$$). So then I get The Question put to me. Now, I've been eyeing a nice battery powered impact driver by Makita. So I mentioned this and was told that as long as I pick out the one I want she'll pay for it, but I can't have it until Christmas. O.K. fine I can live with that.
Now we all know that we're the sort of people who will "push the envelope" as far as we can. I mentioned that she was getting the better end of the deal by my spending more on her than she was on me. I mentioned that I wanted a robe like hers, that I had gotten her last Christmas.

http://www.barefootdreams.com/home.html

She has the "camel" color. These thing are soooooo decadent soft. Reluctantly she agreed, (mostly because she's financially cheap) not for any CD reason. Again I was told I had to get it myself. Mostly because she didn't know where the store was that I had purchased it from last year. (I'm NOT about to show her either, that's MY lingerie shop, not hers.)
So, I stopped in there on Thurs. to get one, and picked out a pretty, light colored lilac one. When i showed her what I got she didn't say too much. After about 15 minutes I got blasted with, "How dare you, You can't open that on Christmas Day. We gonna have company, how will that look? THAT thing screams GIRL." and then a flood of tears.
There's only one thing to do at this time. Tuck your tail and give out lots of gentle hugs and kisses to reassure her. Which is what I did. The next thing is to admit that you made a mistake and do what you can to correct the problem. Don't let a small thing like a color choice ruin everything. Friday morning I talked with her about my error and promised to exchange it for a better color choice. Took it back and got the Seaglass color, which is a sort of light green. (Kinda glad I didn't get the pink one I really wanted) That color choice is O.K. with her.

The lesson here is: If your S.O. is on the same "ride of your life" with you, and is more of a passenger than anything else drive carefully.
By this I mean, my wife is still new to all of this and isn't quite sure of how far I'm gonna go with my Cding. (I'm not either). I don't want to scare her into thinking I've gone over to "The Girl Side". (I'd liike to, but that's another thread) Friday I appologized for being so unthinking and uncaring of her feelings about all of this and re-stated my desire to not upset her in anything I do when it comes to crossdressing.
So, as the opening title suggests, I took that last corner a bit fast, and scared her a might. Told her I was sorry and meant it.

The analogy of "the ride of my life" comes from my therapist. She said to me this past week when I saw her, that I'm in control of what's happening in our life, regarding my CDing, and wife is simply along for the ride as a passenger. That made sense to me. As long as I don't go too fast or to wild about it all I can make progress. Although I want IT all now, I just have to go slowly and carefully and let her become accustomed to each step.

Kate Simmons
12-09-2006, 06:12 AM
It looks like you have the steering wheel Phyliss. My only advice is to drive carefully and stay on the road.:happy: Ericka Kay

Raychel
12-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Sorry to hear that you wife took that turn so hard. It is never good to be pushing the ride so hard that others get whiplash. But on the other hand you only get to take this ride once, you better make it count. So you did the right thing by changing it for another color, if that makes her feel better.

Another thought. Sometimes it can be just as much fun to let someone else do the driving too. Let her have the wheel for a while and just see what happens. You never know she could just surprise you.

Bestof luck to you and I hope that your Christmas is the Happiest one ever.
Raychel

kathy gg
12-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi Phyliss

I must have missed the comign out thread...sorry...lots happening for me lately.

Umm, you did the right move. You compromised A word which many seem to not understand the meaning of.

Setting things right and FAST is really important.

I would say that if she has taken this all as well as she has...she is doing 99% !

Pretty darn good success rate for coming out so late in life.

SherriePall
12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Phyliss -- You haven't done something the rest of us haven't done at one time or another. Merry Christmas.

Jenny Beth
12-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Phyliss this "ride" we are on has an end but for me it has taken many years to reach it. Eventually your wife will realize this is all part of who you are and how you dress (within reason) will not be an issue. I'd say she is well on her way to accepting your dressing and in time will come understanding and support. Not a day goes by that I don't hug my wife and tell her how much I love her, not just for supporting me but because it's what has always made our relationship what it is. I guess what I'm trying to say is it takes a lot of time for a woman to accept us completely but the most important thing is to reassure them they are far more important than anything else in our lives.

Phyliss
12-10-2006, 05:47 AM
Thanks for the supporting comments.
As much as I'd love to be able to be "fully dressed" all day everyday, I realize that all of this will take time. I have to "drive" at her comfortable speed.

Raychel: as much as I'd like to "let her drive" for awhile, I don't think that will happen very soon. If I let her be in charge now, I'd be wearing white cotton boxers and rough denim jeans with a flannel shirt, and brown work boots all day.
She's turn me into a "guy". :thumbsdn:

myMichelle
12-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I actually found a lot of encouragement in your post...Sounds like you're on the right track--although it may not be a race track. Just keep it under the speed limit and I bet you'll see a lot of progress by this time next year.