PDA

View Full Version : Kinging, anybody?

Abraxas
01-16-2005, 01:22 AM
Lately I've been giving some thought to doing some sort of drag king show or something. Any of you guys ever done one or been to one?
I thought it would be a fun thing to do, since I'm into performing and stuff.
Trouble is, I don't think there are any king shows or even any TG clubs here in Salt Lake.
Anybody got any ideas on how to get started?

xsideburnsx
01-16-2005, 02:40 AM
I can ask around for you, Eddie. We have king shows here every Thursday. If you were really serious about doing it, I would think you'd need to do a bit of relocating.

You can ask these guys as well.

Drag Kings (http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=drag_kings)

Gabriel
01-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Nope, that would put me in a spotlight. Though I'm interested in meeting some. :D
Thanks xsideburnsx.

Abraxas
01-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Thanks, Sideburns :-D
Yeah, trouble is I'm stuck here for now. I know Chicago and NY have a lot of shows and stuff.
I've got a friend in Chicago and was thinking that if I stayed with her for a few weeeks or something (I've been invited) I could do a few shows, maybe. Have to send in a portfolio to them, probably...

I like being in the spotlight :-D

Jen_TGCD
01-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Eddie...

Organize something there, yourself. A King, here in Santa Fe, started a "Performance Art" kind of thing at a local "hip" coffee house. Once a month they do poetry, sing, act, joke around and... whatever!!! I haven't been to one of his shows yet but they get a pretty good turnout!

Laughing... in Salt Lake... you may have to get some things started yourself!:cool:

Abraxas
01-17-2005, 06:34 AM
Yeah... maybe I could do a drag show with mtfs too.
That would be fun-- dancing and stuff :-D
Gotta find me some people!

Vickie-CD
01-17-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah... maybe I could do a drag show with mtfs too.
That would be fun-- dancing and stuff :-D
Gotta find me some people!
Eddie, I've been doing drag shows since the mid seventies. several clubs have an amatuer night. This is a great way to get to know the right people. If you have a couple of pics, some of the smaller clubs will let you in the line-up for tips, this is a good way to put a routine together and get some experiance. I had a very good friend that was working the clubs, "she" is the one that got me in. It always helps to know someone. Anything I can do to help, let me know. Nothing is impossible. Read on your web page about being a "Queen" fan, I loved that group.
Best Wishes,
Vickie :)

Abraxas
02-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Thanks very much :)