PDA

View Full Version : "yikes" It's A Pistol"

Penny
12-09-2006, 11:41 AM
So there I was fully dressed from head to toe, complete with makeup and my wife says something. I resond by making a pistol with my fingers and say "be careful or I'll shoot you with my pistol". So she says "the only pistol you have is a water pistol and thay ain't it". Well, we both just roared and could't stop laughing.
My point is that having a sense of humor, I think for me, being a 100% tried and true CD, is paramont to not only my sanity, but also my marriage. It certianly helps that my wife has one too. I could only laugh when I bought makeup that didn't work or clothes that didn't fit. Smile at myself for all the elaborate hiding places and quick excuses upon near discovery. How funny it all is. Don't get me wrong, there have also been times when it was hororfying such as dressed at the brink of death. Overall though, I do percieve this with reguard to myself, as comically ironic.
Ultimately, I can accept others laughing at me if it happens because I can laugh at myself. Is laughter the best medicine?

:lol2: :lol:

Penny

JeanneF
12-09-2006, 11:43 AM
That's the attitude you should have. Life is too short, and too much fun, to take seriously.

melissacd
12-09-2006, 11:59 AM
This is sage advice to all of us and something that should help keep everything in perspective.

Joy Carter
12-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Penny I consider my life to be just grand. I have a good relationship with my spouse and we can laugh and joke with each other. It's just the fact that I'm not accpeted by her that makes me sad.

susiegrl19
12-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Penny,
My :2c: for what it is worth, laughter is the best medicine for us all.

Breanne
12-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Ultimately, I can accept others laughing at me if it happens because I can laugh at myself. Is laughter the best medicine?

:lol2: :lol:

Penny

I totaly agree.

Kate Simmons
12-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Absolutely, Penny, absolutely!:happy: Ericka Kay

Shannon CD
12-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Absolutely. Without a sense of humor what would be the point?