PDA

View Full Version : Is there any known Cure?

jenny_cheerleader
01-16-2005, 02:22 AM
Hey all, after posting on the thread about if you could, would you quit, i got to thinking, is there a way to quit. If there is, would someone please tell me.

Vallari
01-16-2005, 03:11 AM
I dont see CD'ing as a condition therefore I don't believe there's a cure for it. If the situation was such that there was a cure for it, i wouldn't take it.

If anyone needs a cure, let the rest of society take it so they can all accept us much better then they do now. Just my opinion though. :)

Since12
01-16-2005, 03:15 AM
There is probably, but I have yet to find it.

So far all I can find on the net is the only known cure for CDing is Acceptance of it.

It is not all bad but I do wish sometimes A-Me was never born, that was 12 years ago. The Past is the Past though.

The only cure I can think of is absolutely abnesia (not sure how it is spelt) but abnesia isn't something I would recommend. For obvious reasons.

crispy
01-16-2005, 03:19 AM
how can you cure what you are?

it's not a disease, except in the mind of the bigots.

what needs curing is our narrow-minded society. but that's another issue.

arula
01-16-2005, 03:30 AM
Out of sight, out of mind. I've tried. nope nope cant stop, not gonna do it nope can't stop. When I'm alone its very difficult to suppress Arula. When shes out, bliss prevails in my life. For some of us I think CDing is a personal journey when alone, so, try not to be alone. If this relates at all to you.......XO Arula

eleventhdr
01-16-2005, 03:39 AM
But why would anyone want to be cured it is not that at all. Anyone who trys or tells you there is a way is only kidding themsleves. The only way is for the rest to accept us and then we can just get along which is what it should be. Suzy!.

Maddie Knight
01-16-2005, 04:06 AM
I'm not ill so why would i need a cure. :confused:

ChristineRenee
01-16-2005, 04:15 AM
:) Cure for what? :rolleyes: Christine no sick right now...but very :confused:

Since12
01-16-2005, 04:41 AM
I disagree with saying that anyone who doesn't want to be a CD is kidding themselves. What if some saying they are a CD is kidding themself? I don't think everyone who becomes a CD or does CD is meant to be a CD for life. It is a personal choice to be a CD or to not be a CD. The question shouldn't be "Can I be cured" it should be "Am I strong enough to quit" because it will take strength to quit if that is your desire. We can do anything we want if we work hard enough at it, that includes not CrossDressing but we must WANT IT. Most of us don't really want it and we are happy with who we are but that doesn't mean we can't if we truly wanted to.

If CD is an addiction (not saying it is) but if it is, it is probably one of the hardest on Earth, in all the Universe to break.

The longest I have quit was for 11 months, if I could remember how I was able to do it for that long, I would share it. All I do remember is I did it one day at a time.

ChristineRenee
01-16-2005, 05:41 AM
Hi Since12,

I like your handle by the way.

I have been reading your posts and I have to say in all candor, that you seem to be trying to convince yourself you can quit for good more than the rest of us.

I have been doing this "since12" myself. I purged only one time when I thought I was going to quit for good. Within 3 months I had restocked my feminine wardrobe...3 times over!

I won't say that it is an impossibility to quit...it probably isn't. But when this is something that is a major or very significant part of your identity, of who you really feel that you are, are you just being in denial by saying that you can give it up at anytime through "willpower" alone?

I guess the "proof of the pudding", to use a very old metaphor here, is this: if you are so convinced you can quit, and you really, really, want to quit...and I mean for good...then why haven't you done it yet? And additionally, if this is so abhorrent to you, why do you continue to frequent a CD site that will only reinforce this "addiction" you claim that you can eventually overcome?:confused:

Just some random thoughts there for you to ponder. I hope that however things ultimately go for you in your life, that you find your true self and are able to accept that regardless of whether or not being a CD is a part of it.

"To thine own self be true", Since12. If you are ever to find "peace at the center", then this must become your core belief in life.

Just an observation Since12... from another member who has been down that path now for 41 years and counting...since the age of 12.;)

Love,
Christine Renee

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 06:40 AM
jenny ok let me helpe you out frist of all this only works if your my size...................
1. pack up all your girly things

2. send them to me

3. when the eurge to dress comes up fight it

4. give in

5. go shopping

6. re buy everything and more

sister tryed to quit one day .........not good if you feel drawn to cd if you need to cd
if you can't stop ..........geusse what babe.........your a cd,.........cure??????????????
i might of looked for one years ago now wendy is who i am

Tristen Cox
01-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Until it can be diagnosed as a disease, how can there be a cure? Back to one of my earlier threads "Red Pill, Blue Pill" would you want the blue pill and give it up as if it were never there? Or would you want to take the red and see how far the rabbit hole goes?

Lily_gg
01-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Yep, simple cure, buy more shoes, they're the key to all happiness. If shoe shopping fails, buy handbags instead :D

The question shouldn't be "Can I be cured" it should be "Am I strong enough to quit"
Actually, I'll beg to differ and say that the question should really be "Do I want to quit" (you did allude to this elsewhere in your post, I just want to reinforce the message :p) - if you want to quit, then I wish you the best of luck doing so, if you don't want to quit, then don't - trying will only make you miserable. Maybe you'll have to compromise and not dress as much as you'd like to due to other circumstances in your life, but if you really and truly want to carry on dressing, then make that a long term aim, and see if you can figure out a way to make it happen.

Christine - my reading of Since12's post was that if she could remember 'how to quit', she'd tell everyone, so that those who want to could use the advice, but that her overall feeling was that you shouldn't quit unless you want to, and that she wasn't sure she could either. Just thought I'd throw in my interpretation for you to ponder :)

ChristineRenee
01-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Yep, simple cure, buy more shoes, they're the key to all happiness. If shoe shopping fails, buy handbags instead :D

Actually, I'll beg to differ and say that the question should really be "Do I want to quit" (you did allude to this elsewhere in your post, I just want to reinforce the message :p) - if you want to quit, then I wish you the best of luck doing so, if you don't want to quit, then don't - trying will only make you miserable. Maybe you'll have to compromise and not dress as much as you'd like to due to other circumstances in your life, but if you really and truly want to carry on dressing, then make that a long term aim, and see if you can figure out a way to make it happen.

Christine - my reading of Since12's post was that if she could remember 'how to quit', she'd tell everyone, so that those who want to could use the advice, but that her overall feeling was that you shouldn't quit unless you want to, and that she wasn't sure she could either. Just thought I'd throw in my interpretation for you to ponder :)Lily,

I pondered. I may have mis-interpreted the post. My belief is that this is something that once it becomes a part of you, you can't quit it for good. Maybe for a time...but not for good. I think the experts in the field who have studied this, and other CD's, would support that theory.

Thanks Lily for making me re-think my response however.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 07:23 AM
cding i think is something thats is you if you can stop cding you know put her away
she is still there waiting in the closet looking for a chance to bust down the door and come out screaming dress me ...........take me shopping ........................
i know it not the best to compar to but ...........if you are a drug addt. just because you go to rehab and get all cleaned out................6 mounths latter................60 years latter your still a drug addt. one step till your over the edge................
know this it would be a full time thing to stay the corse.............keep clean.........
addt's can be fought it's a choise not to put in you..........
as breathing air is to you also is your need, want to cd................stopping and trying to put her away.............just won't work she is you you are her.............purgeing
her things to make her go away ..............well then you have a girl in drab.........

Ashleigh
01-16-2005, 07:48 AM
It is not all bad but I do wish sometimes A-Me was never born,

I am not being critical here, please know this. Please take this for what it is worth and how it is intended - Please.

I always shudder when someone says this. Please know that you, me, and everyone else is unique. We have loves, hates, desires, trials and tribulations, failures, successesses, good times, and so on. But the most important thing to remember is that maybe we may not know right now, and may never know, but each of us affects someone's life in the positive at some point and that positive can be passed to someone else and so on. Each one of us is necessary. Every single one of us has something to offer.

I make this statement to build up, not to tear down.

Now, get en femme and enjoy.

Julie
01-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Hey all, after posting on the thread about if you could, would you quit, i got to thinking, is there a way to quit. If there is, would someone please tell me.

Are you asking this question because you'd rather not be crossdressing?

JJ

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 08:00 AM
ashleigh that was so nice..........what a good thought

AnnaMaria
01-16-2005, 08:25 AM
I have actually done a lot of research on the subject of cd'ing and what the "cause" really is. Thus far everything that I have found seens to indicate that infact there is no "cure" for being a cd. There seems to be a belief that the urge to cd comes from the hypothalmuse. A part of the brain that controls hormones in the body. In women this is larger than i men except in the case of a cd, where the opposite is true. In cd men this is larger than in "normal" men and in cd women this is smaller than in "normal" women.

And the only site that I have found that discussed a "cure" said that in fact there was one but that it actually made chemical changes to the brain and that the few that had gone through the treatment were never the same, as it changes who you are for good. There are substantial personality changes that take place that can actually cause the need for the person undergoing the treatment to have to be put in an institution as a result of the treatment.

Now if that be the case then it sounds to me as if what they are really doing can just as easily be done on the street corner by a drug dealer after a period of time under the influence of something like heroin or crack cocain. The only difference being that the doctors method is legal because he went to school so he would be allowed to fry peoples brain with the use of controled substances.

As far as I am concerned that is NOT an option. I would rather stay the way I am and be able to enjoy my life and my family and be a cd rather than be a vegitable stuck in a cell for the rest of my life.

But that is just me and my humble oppinion.

huggs
anna

DonnaT
01-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I've read where one girl said she was cured due to taking hormones. She didn't want to quit and the hormones were for breast enhancement, but it backfired on her and she lost all interest. She said she was going to stop taking them and see if the desire returned. Haven't been updated on that yet.

But she is a rare case. Many tgirls take hormones of various kinds and don't loose interest.

Know of a couple of girls that have quite for over 13 years and one that quite that long but started again.

We are all individuals, and all you do, if you really want to, is try to quit. May work, but the desire may be overwhelming years, months, days down the road. Which is why most of us urge those who try, not to purge. Lock things in a storage locker somewhere.

But there is no known cure.

Christiane
01-16-2005, 09:29 AM
I am not ill. I neither need nor want a "cure".

Love,
Christiane

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 09:30 AM
i did not chose to be as i am cding..................it cding chose me.................
i am a cder....................yes i enjoy wearing womans clouthing..................
a cure for me ............????????? no thanks i am not sick......i am happy......
with me...........

Kassandra
01-16-2005, 10:55 AM
This discussion seems to harken back to the early days of the gay revolution (late 50's early 60's).

Back then it was still thought to be a disease and could be cured. I remember watching some David Suskind shows (If any of you girls remember that show you're as busted as I am!). And they would have debates between the psychiactric community and openly gay and lesbians discussing the issue.

The gays who were well in tuned with themselves felt no need to be cured as they really didn't feel anything was wrong, except society's acceptance of them.

From the point of view of society, it obvious that anyone who was gay would want to be cured since it was so obviously wrong. I'm sure that many gays ended up so much worse off as a result.

From the point of view of someone who isn't CD it should be obvious that anyone who is CD would want to be "cured".

Sorry, honey, this gal doesn't want to be cured! For me, it's not about the clothes (though, god knows I'd be a real shopping fanatic if I could!). It's the woman inside who will never go away. I will never go away. If being cured means that there is no longer a woman inside, then, I will never take the cure.

Tris (who is really feeling her oats today!)

Georgette
01-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi. I had to get in on this as I amin therapy for this condition and as my Therapist says he/she is only trying to let both sides cope with it as there is no tried and proven cure it is not a disease it is a CONDITION and with a cond. it is the mater of accepting It. I agree in the late 50s a nd 60s there was the idea then gay and lesbeian were sick, now that is an accepted part of soceity in the most part so we just have to educate the soceity that we live in. Someday maybe but for now we will just have to be who we are and accept it for ourselves. :)

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 11:30 AM
georgeette i know what you are talking abought the two of you getting along playing nice together .............lets take the "guys" shopping .........thay can pay

Georgette
01-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Hi. I had to get in on this as I amin therapy for this condition and as my Therapist says he/she is only trying to let both sides cope with it as there is no tried and proven cure it is not a disease it is a CONDITION and with a cond. it is the mater of accepting It. I agree in the late 50s a nd 60s there was the idea then gay and lesbeian were sick, now that is an accepted part of soceity in the most part so we just have to educate the soceity that we live in. Someday maybe but for now we will just have to be who we are and accept it for ourselves. :)
I am back I got interupted on my writing. As I was saying you have to learn to accept who each of your personna is and deal with it that is why I am in the therapy sessions now, and I am learning to cope with both sides of who I am Some times I am Georgette other times I am him and I do accept that most of the time. I hope this doesn't sound confusing as I am trying to relate to each of you, I know some don't believe in Bi-POlar personalities but she does refer to it quite often in my sessions with her. May there is something to it I know I didn't give in to the fact of Bi-polar but I think I am bending in that direction,
Well I have rambled on enough on this.
NO I WON'T QUIT :) :rolleyes:

racquel
01-16-2005, 05:49 PM
From what,the thing that made us who we are.
Find that, we lose what we are?
Lose what we are,we lose who we are?
Look around you,who would you rather be like?

Since12
01-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Someone reffered to me as a She? Thanks but I am not a she I am a me (A-Me). I am neither a she nor am I a he. If I had to catagorize myself I would say that I am a mtftm (Male to Female to Male) CD or a woman trapped in a mans body who is a ftm CD. It would be so simple if it wasn't so dreadfully confusing! I am a me, but the state calles me He.

The only way if ones wants to quit, which is ones right and no one has to agree with someones choice to quit CDing, it isn't a defensive issue it is a personal choice of what is best for you.

It would be to be a Man Trapped in a womans body trapped in a mans body who Crossdress' as a man. Meaning turn the CDing against the CDing. Keep a bra, keep some panties, maybe one outfit and send the rest of the stuff to one of the CDers here. Dress as a man as much as you can, when you feel the urge to be a woman, be one, then proceed to crossdress as a man again.

Sounds insane, but this is what I have determined to be the only logical "cure" to CDing for me. I have been looking into info on this for many years now. This is basically what I do, I no longer dress up anymore and am just an under clothes crossdresser and even more recently I am an under clothes CD in my home only. This is what makes me happy.

Throwing away everything does not work because all you do is mourn for the loss of your other half. If you want to quit it is a personal choice and this seems to work well for me and I know it works for me. I have not worn a skirt for over a year so, so far so good for me. I still love CDing and for me at least, I am happier when I go out in public as a mtftm CD.

I respect everyones personal choice here and I am happy to know that I am not alone in this world. I am thankful to meet everyone one of you great people here. So thank you. I, like you am a CDer and accept who I am, I am me. :)

Melissa A.
01-16-2005, 07:44 PM
There is nothing wrong with me. No "cure" wanted or needed. The girl in me makes me a better person overall...this is a good thing.

Have I experienced pain in relation to this? Sure. Before I came out. Before I stopped hiding, worrying, denying, supressing.

All the bad things I have felt or experienced regarding cding were about me or others not accepting or embracing who I am. None of it really ever was about the side of me that has always been there and always will.

Since 12, guess you can call me since 4. This is not a personal choice. But if it were, you may as well ask me to give up anything else about me that matters to me, that makes me me. I'd ask you if you were out of your mind.

I like my guy me, alot. One reason he's such a cool guy is Melissa.

The word cure doesnt fit into any of this.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 10:19 PM
a cure let me see for the first time in my life i am a better person i am at for the most part peace with my selfes . i am happy , i don't want to run from life , i have solid roots
i am a (well "he"is ) good husband....careing ............ok cure me make it all go away...

no i think i am happy the way i am..................no cure needed.........if thay find one

i will pass on it...........

sherri
01-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Yes, there is a cure: become a nun.

You'll still be crossdressing, but you won't have to feel guilty about it.

:p

Bonnie-OR
01-17-2005, 01:18 AM
Great answer Sherri, I love it. Nope, no known "cure", and I'm another that wouldn't take it if there were. I'm really starting to love Bonnie, and a lot of that is thanks to all of you wonderful gals here. Thank you huggs to all of you, Bonnie

crispy
01-17-2005, 03:30 AM
cure what? :confused: :p

crispy
01-17-2005, 03:38 AM
I've read where one girl said she was cured due to taking hormones. She didn't want to quit and the hormones were for breast enhancement, but it backfired on her and she lost all interest. She said she was going to stop taking them and see if the desire returned. Haven't been updated on that yet.

But she is a rare case. Many tgirls take hormones of various kinds and don't loose interest.

The hormone advice web sites often comment that there is no point in a man taking hormones for breast development, if he desires them for sexual reasons, because taking the hormones will kill the sex drive, and then it all becomes pointless (pun not intended). So maybe the CD you refer to was doing it for sexual reasons and now has unwanted body changes and no sex drive. Sad. :(

That may be true for some, but I have achieved some of the former without losing any of the latter. I would have thought that until and unless chemical sterilisation is achieved there is no reason why it should happen.

iseiai no okama
01-19-2005, 03:13 AM
"Now if there's a cure for this, we don't want it, we run from it"

Now that's a rap you could live your life to.

Helana
01-19-2005, 05:13 AM

Know of a couple of girls that have quite for over 13 years and one that quite that long but started again.

We are all individuals, and all you do, if you really want to, is try to quit. May work, but the desire may be overwhelming years, months, days down the road. Which is why most of us urge those who try, not to purge. Lock things in a storage locker somewhere.

But there is no known cure.

It sounds to me that this girl CDing was primarily sexual in nature and as she lost her sex drive with the hormones, her interest in CDing would lose its purpose. I have taken hormones myself but I am strongly TG and so it is mostly in my head so the loss of sex drive, while a bummer, did not affect my TG feelings at all. Now I am a TG girl with nice breasts which my girlfriend is jealous of. :)

(Oopps, just read Crispy's post above - looks like great minds think alike.)

StephanieCD
01-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Yes, there is a cure: become a nun.

You'll still be crossdressing, but you won't have to feel guilty about it.

But isn't guilt what that's about? :p Sorry, bad sense of humor over here.

I've tried quitting. Many times. I've hid things from myself and grown a 7 inch beard. I've seen therapists. I've tried drugs... and pharmaceuticals. I've tried the bottle. I've tried hooking up with gorgeous women who like manly men (though that was nice). I've tried shame. I've tried guilt. I've arrived at this bit of wisdom (at least for me it is):

A cure is for the ailment. What ails us (some of us) isn't the dressing, it's how we feel about it. Treat the shame and the dressing becomes a joy. Treat the dressing and the shame festers... and breeds more ailments. Doctors today are leaning more toward "treating the whole patient" - as in finding the real source for the trouble and curing that rather than doping everone up... take a good look at what the trouble is and I think you'll find it's not a piece of cloth or even how you feel about it - it's how you feel about how you feel about it that troubles you.

For me... a transsexual friend said to me something like "do you accept me? well, honey, I'm a whole lot freakier than you so get over yourself and go be pretty somewhere - or **** off, you pick" and then I started to understand...

But, to help you - you're not alone in wishing for a cure. Many of us have at least once.

racheal
01-19-2005, 10:24 PM
I guess thinking about it, I wouldn't want to be cured. It's a daily routine wearing something special. I would never want to give that up.

Marlene4a
01-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Hi:

No problem.
No Cure.

Sweet Susan
01-20-2005, 02:46 AM

GAWD!! I hope not.

LindaTS
01-20-2005, 08:17 AM
I think the shrinks of yesteryeay used to try and "cure" us to no avail. I believe this is the way we're born and there is no "cure" for that. Besides, I'd hate to be cured of something this beautiful.

Vickie-CD
01-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Please do not try to cure me, I'm happy with who I am!!!!!
Love,
Vickie

ChristineRenee
01-20-2005, 09:29 AM
Yes...for ham. (don't GO there!):D

Wendy me
01-20-2005, 09:34 AM
i thought that letting wendy out was the cure for what wasen't quite right with us........."him"................

ChristineRenee
01-20-2005, 09:38 AM
i thought that letting wendy out was the cure for what wasen't quite right with us........."him"................um...wen...Brian Wilson just called...meet him in his sandbox ASAP!;)

arula
01-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Hi:

No problem.
No Cure.

If you fight, problem. If you be yourself, bliss. Does anyone know the Jethro Tull song, "Skating away" (on the thin ice of the new day) ? Sums it up for me. XO, Arula

arula
01-20-2005, 09:52 AM
from the lyrics, "looking for a sign that the universal minds, written you into the passion play".

arula
01-20-2005, 09:54 AM
I think the shrinks of yesteryeay used to try and "cure" us to no avail. I believe this is the way we're born and there is no "cure" for that. Besides, I'd hate to be cured of something this beautiful.
Here Here!!