PDA

View Full Version : Funtional (sturdy) Garter Belts

StacyCD
12-09-2006, 05:39 PM
Can anyone recommend where I can find a garter belt that is not just a cheap imitation of one. I just ripped my 8-strap leather garter belt that I purchased from Dream Dresser several years ago and I want a replacement. Almost all of the ones I have found so far are really flimsy and are don't really seem to be meant to be worn as a functional article of clothing--rather they are intended to look good for a few moments prior to sex. Not that there is anything wrong with sex, but I'm looking for a garter belt that can really be worn. Please help!

EricaCD
12-09-2006, 06:38 PM
Modern garter belts that are really functional are a bit of a rarity. The only high-end brand that I have found that is comfortable and functional is Lise Charmel. There are some heavy duty Sears-type brand that look pretty dreadful.

For pretty and practical, you'd be wise to check out vintage brands. eBay should have plenty. Vintage brands actually needed to work all day - so it's just a question of finding one that does the job for you...

Good luck!
Erica

PS: leather? that must have been warm!!!!

Ashley1
12-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Stacy,

Take a look at the Ragu website because they have a whole line of good quality foundation garments including a garter belt; however, I doubt that they will have any with eight garters.

Ashley1

JoanneB
12-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Check out The Stocking Store. www.stockingstore.com

Joanne

Alysin CD
12-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Try http://vickisnylons.com/Bbra/bbra.htm.

Alysin

Karren H
12-09-2006, 07:23 PM
Head to your nearest hockey supply company!! And get a hockey garterbelt!! If they can hold up my hockey stockings they can hold up anything!! But there's something about ruged and senciable that shouldn't be used in the same sentence as lingerie!! Its just wrong!! A real man's lingerie!!

Love Karren

MJ
12-09-2006, 07:33 PM
ok there is a very good stocking and garter belt store stockingshq now if you put the . com with that it will take you to there web site. because there may be panties on the web site i wont link to it but you can get everything you ever wanted there includeing heels. i got an 8 strap garter belt from there and it works great never have a problem with my stockings i hope this helps
hugs mj

Sedona
12-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Yes, I agree with Erica in that a high end brand like a Lise Charmel might be the way to go. I have had good luck with Felina belts, and they are more modestly priced.

I see that your last one was a multi-strap leather one. If you want to stay with that theme, you might try Stormy Leather out of S.F. They do nice quality stuff. But, their site isn't for the prudish, so be cautious when you open it if you're worried.

Best,