PDA

View Full Version : Lazer hair removal

mona lisa
12-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I have been thinking for some time about having body hair removed from various parts of my body -particularly the shoulders, upper and middle back. and my chest. (Not as concerned about the legs -or at least initially anyway- because black stockings/fishnets conceal it quite nicely.) Waxing though seems too expensive to do regularly considering how hair grows back fairly fast albeit not as fast as when you shave. I am therefore looking at lazer hair removal -having been told that hair can be perminantly removed after about five treatments.

I wanted to ask if any of you :doll: have had this done already and (if so) how has it turned out. This is not a cheap technique which is why I want to find out more about it before deciding if I should try it or not. Any information on this would be most appreciated I assure you.

JenniferMint
12-10-2006, 12:25 AM
I've been doing it on my beard. 4 out of 5 treatments done, don't really need to shave anymore. There are some hairs left, but the 5th treatment should mostly get rid of that, then I'm going to use electrolysis to finish up the job.

DanaJ
12-10-2006, 08:13 AM
If you do noy get many answers here Mona, try doing a search - this has been discussed many times here with some really good info in those older threads.... good luck :)

Rachel Morley
12-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Hi Mona,

I'm currently having a course of six treatments on my face and neck. I posted about the first two sessions in threads here before. I've just had my third session, last Friday. Here's the links if you're interested.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37487

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41628

mona lisa
12-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I did not think about doing a subject search -thanks for your help.

carend_99
12-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Okay, well I can talk about this because I've done both Laser and am currently going through Electrolysis.

I was very disappointed with laser. I went three times and really saw no difference. It was $175 each treatment, so I spent more than $500 for nothing. Now I'm not sure had I gone through with six or more treatments that it would have made much of a difference, but possibly. Plus I found the actual treatment rather painful.

As for electrolysis, I am very happy. Although it is a much slower process, the results are great so far. I've done 6 or 7 treatments and my "goatee" area is almost entirely free. I'll probably take a break for a while to give the bank account a little reprieve, but I intend to do more next year. Plus, I have found electrolysis to be much less painful than laser.

Hope this helps.