PDA

View Full Version : Where do you go shopping?

Susan S
01-16-2005, 08:32 AM
I have started to acquire some more clothing and have a few outfits planned. I've got a few items which my last GF bought as I was preparing for a party and I was able to buy some things in London last weekend. However there's only so many things I can feel comfortable buying and there are lots of other items which I don't feel comfortable buying.

So where do the rest of you get your clothes and underwear from???

Julie
01-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Susan, I have no problem with shopping for any item of clothing and am comfortable doing so in any high street shop.

JJ

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 09:00 AM
susan you are not alone with being uncomfortable in doing some of your shopping
you could always shop on line............through a mail order...........go to a small shop and tell the sales girl you need helpe finding something for your wife or girlfreind.....
mabey with time you will just get to the point were if you want it you just go in and buy it ...........not even thinking twice abought it ...............................
i use to be so scared to buy things ............thinking everyone in the store is looking at me and pointing grab something to the checkout like i just did a crime ..........
paid for out in the car like i just got away with something....................
now i just go in look around find what i wanted and more and pay for it......
now feeling happy to have a new treasure............if thay are looking who cares

alba68
01-16-2005, 12:41 PM
For me it all depends on my budget. I normally use ebay. But if I'm out with my wife she helps me choose things and I don't feel too bad paying for them at the counter. I often wonder though if the shop assisstant wonders why I have size 10/12 clothing when my wife is quite clearly pregnant and is size 16/18. I find George at Asda, Tesco, and Primark decent and cheap enough too.

Bonnie-OR
01-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Susan, I do almost all my shopping online, as this is a small town where everyone knows everyone. I use the auction site I'm listing here almost excusively, since it is run by a CD, for CD's. The prices can't be beat, and she answers all email personally and promptly, (considering she is only one person.) There is a ton of stuff there, lots of new stuff, and new high heels up to size 16. And yes she ships internationally. Hope this helps.
http://auction.femmfatale.com/
Huggs, Bonnie

Georgette
01-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Just about anyplace I feel comfortable going to and I feel OK in just about any storeLOL.

Wendy me
01-16-2005, 02:58 PM
a shopping we will go.................a shopping we will go................shop on girls
see it buy it .........just shop...................

biddy
01-16-2005, 03:23 PM
a shopping we will go.................a shopping we will go................shop on girls
see it buy it .........just shop................... :p "What a Delightfull Girl". Although I'm not sure that my plastic would be safe if I loaned it to her :eek:

SexyStephanie
01-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I just bought a cute cami and bra at target! I have gotten much braver to buy at department stores and love it!

Hugs,

Stephie

Susan S
01-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I find George at Asda, Tesco, and Primark decent and cheap enough too.

I do tend to find it much easier to shop in larger stores. I bought a few things in British Home Stores in Oxford Street where it's large enough that you're not too worried about people watching you. Like the suggestions of Asda, Tesco as I can put clothing in with my grocery shopping and people would think it's for a girlfriend, I just won't go to my local one as I'm always bumping into people I know there. It's a shame Sainsbury's don't sell clothes as I scan all my shopping there and I could pack things under my groceries.

How many of you go shopping dressed up???

alba68
01-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Susan some of the larger Tesco's have self service tills. I have found this useful when buying clothes as noone need see you scanning them. As for shopping dressed up. I've never been out dressed up unless you count taking out the wheelie bin at 10 at night in a t shirt and a pair of tights.

Georgette
01-16-2005, 07:34 PM
see it buy it .........just shop...................
Are you ready lets go------------I see it I like I buy itLOL

Jadeanne
01-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Susan,

When I was small, a couple of times I bought gifts for my mother - stockings and makeup, first shopping with my father taking me and advising, and later on my own (Mom would ask for specific items like Revlon Cornsilk powder).

I have bought nightgowns and other lingerie for my wife for over 27 years, and when my mother moved to a close by senior residence, I helped my wife shop for her.

I started dressing after a 33 year break 2 1/2 years ago, at age 51.

My loving wife supports me and I can fit into all of her things (with her permission) except shoes (hers are too small) and pantyhose (my legs are longer and I don't want to stretch them out).

We do shop together (I only dress in the house) and most of the time I take the purchases to the register.

I also shop by myself for both of us. I have shopped in thrift stores, discount stores, department stores, and only once was even slightly hassled by a clerk, when I was in a high priced store looking for a bra and panty set for my wife. She thought I should buy a nightgown instead.

I also shop online and through catalogs. The clearance sections are my favorite hunting grounds.

I'm on the other side of the "pond" and don't know what your comfort level with receiving womens catalogs in your name is.

I hope you may get something from my experiences.

Jadeanne

silkenhose
01-17-2005, 01:02 PM
Susan,

I only dress at home, never go out. Have been dressing for years, wife knows and participates however is alot smaller than I am so her clothes don't work.

I did research and found a few stores that look after CD's. I always have on panties or teddy and pantyhose under my boy clothes so it makes the experience of trying on clothes better. It was hard at first but now I love going to and being a girly for a few hours, especially when the store owners get involved and want to see the clothes on me.

My wife takes me shopping alot for panties and hose, as she is dominant in our relationship she loves sending me up to the cashier to pay. She always stands there with me, to add to the experience as she is small and the pantyhose are large :eek: she even asked once if the clerk thought the color would look good on me.

we never go anywhere near our house as we live in big city it is easy to do this.

Wendy me
01-17-2005, 01:21 PM
:p "What a Delightfull Girl". Although I'm not sure that my plastic would be safe if I loaned it to her :eek:
:p tou know what that means???????????????time to bump up the $$$$$$$$$$
amount

Wendy me
01-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Are you ready lets go------------I see it I like I buy itLOL

aways ready .....................sister :p

ChristineRenee
01-17-2005, 02:25 PM
I've gotten a lot more bolder over the years when it comes to shopping for myself. I bought a lot of stuff at JC Penney's over the years. Got some sports bras recently at Target. I do a lot of online shopping too. Used to get clothes from Frederick's of Hollywood and Victoria's Secret but not so much anymore. I look for bargains more and more now especially since retiring and being on a fixed income. I have so much femme stuff now, and with us getting ready to move, I find myself having to keep the wife from badgering me to pair down the wardrobe. Other than shoes, I probably have twice as many clothes as my wife does...and I mean just women's clothes! Can you say closet wars ladies? I thought you could. Always fighting for the right to hang my things. Laundry is usually a fun time too. (Hey hon...are these MY pantyhose or YOURS?):confused: :D

Ah the life of a longtime CD!:p

Love,
Christine Renee

Susan S
01-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone for your tips, I was out today and felt a lot more confident in a big town where no one knows me and visiting the shops Alba69 recommended. I think I'll head off to a town not too far away this weekend where no one knows me and do some more shopping.

Luckily I have size 8 feet so it's not too difficult to find shoes and I measured myself so that I wouldn't get flustered about womens sizes.

Wendy me
01-17-2005, 03:14 PM
christine i loveeeeeeeee pennys...........pennys ...........loves me................

biddy
01-17-2005, 04:27 PM
:p tou know what that means???????????????time to bump up the $$$$$$$$$$
amount :) That I feel if you and I were set lose together shopping, to much fun would be had, I'd at least would wake-up broke :D

ChristineRenee
01-17-2005, 05:04 PM
christine i loveeeeeeeee pennys...........pennys ...........loves me................It was even better when I had my employee's discount! (yay);)

A shopping we will go...a shopping we will go....:p

Love,

C.R.:)

Sweet Susan
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
I go to the Bon's close-out section. It always has something that I want. I also spend way too much time in the lingerie department of any department store. Not sure what it is about lingerie, but I get a lump in my throat when I'm in there.

angieSP
01-17-2005, 11:38 PM
I find myself most comfortable at christmas when everyone is shopping for their 'wives'.

April25
01-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Here is where I do most of my shopping. I also go shoping with my wife. Hope this helps someone.
http://www.studiolites.com/

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 06:50 AM
I only get a few things here from shoe stores or large department stores where it seems less people are really paying attention. However mosty I buy things online, but that's just me at the moment. Wish I knew a couple GGs to go shopping with but I make do as always, with what I can on my own.

Love
Tristen

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 06:56 AM
did some one say lets go shopping ???????????????no iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii well ok lets go

racheal
01-18-2005, 07:50 AM
I like LaSenza here in Canada, there are two of these stores that I shop in and the clerks are very nice to me. I even have the bra club card (already used two of them so far). :) I also purchase from e-Bay and Victoria Secret. Thier second skin satin bras are to die for. They really make you feel sensual. For dresses I go to Winners - they always have good deals and for shoes, I go to Payless - there are a few size 12 and 13's out there - depending on the shoe manufacturer. It would definately be interesting to shop with you girls - we'd make a fun time out of it, that's for sure. :)

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 07:59 AM
can you just see all us girls lose in the same mall ................with a big sale?????
shop on girls....................

ChristineRenee
01-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Wendy's at the ready mark Racheal...give her a little time to get warmed up and she'll be off to the races with ya!:p

Love,
C.R.:)

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 01:53 PM
christine come on along i will drive pick you along the way

feline
01-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I love shopping for me!! Never had a problem with buying clothes in stores and never had any negative experiences. I love engaging staff in conversations about any clothes I'm buying.........

The one thing I would say is that if you're nervous, have a very good idea of what you want before you go in.....

I know this sounds a bit organised but if you are stressed about shopping,then you add the additional stress of making an informed purchase, it's easy to get yourself flustered.... (red face and panic searching for the nearest exit!!)

Hope this helps ...

- feline -

ChristineRenee
01-18-2005, 02:25 PM
christine come on along i will drive pick you along the wayOk...is your credit still good wend?:p

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 02:47 PM
lol a only had one card reach it's max .............my fav..........

ChristineRenee
01-18-2005, 02:58 PM
lol a only had one card reach it's max .............my fav..........That's ok...layaway....layaway!!!!:p ;)

Wendy me
01-18-2005, 03:04 PM
never............ see it ......buy it......... love it ........no leave it behinde..................

ChristineRenee
01-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Ah yes...the "take no prisoners" approach...:)

April25
01-18-2005, 10:13 PM
The first dress I bought it seemed like I was taking a gun up to a bank teller. OMG I had so many thoughts going through my mind. Just wondering if the security guards were watching me, what the person at the check out counter would say.

LindaTS
01-19-2005, 09:12 AM
I go out shopping quite a lot and have to say that Wal-Mart gets most of my money with Target and Penny's not very far behind. And Sear's, of course.

Wendy me
01-19-2005, 09:19 AM
The first dress I bought it seemed like I was taking a gun up to a bank teller. OMG I had so many thoughts going through my mind. Just wondering if the security guards were watching me, what the person at the check out counter would say.

sister don't forget that feeling look back when you are a power shopper and laugh at it ................shopping pains......................... :p love it

racheal
01-19-2005, 10:56 AM
You are right Linda, Wal-Mart is a great place as well. I got quite a few things at Wal-Mart - especially bras and panties - great to mix and match. :)

Tamara Croft
01-19-2005, 11:26 AM
I love La Senza... Tammy bought me some mmm sexi things for Christmas.... but oh my I could buy one of everything if I had the money.... *goes off into dreamland*

Tamara x

racheal
01-19-2005, 12:03 PM
LaSenza is great! Especially thier twice a year blow out bra sales - stock up on 'em. :)

Melissa A.
01-19-2005, 02:03 PM
As time goes by, I care less and less. Who cares what the woman at the check out behind you with the three screaming demons thinks? She's too tired to care, and I'm gonna look just as good as she would in those shoes!

The clerk?!? I make three times what she makes, so I must be doing something right.(maybe that's a little snotty, sorry) Anyway, just don't care anymore. They're strangers. With lives and problems of their own. If they think it's strange, or funny, let'em.

Seriously, I do understand the trepidation. I have been there. It's like going out dressed. The more you do it, the less scared you are. So get out there and shop!

At some point in the near future, Melissa is going to go shopping. A whole new set of worries to get over, and I can't wait till I can push myself to do it!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Melissa A.
01-19-2005, 02:13 PM
Sorry, I forgot to answer the actual question.

Target is a favorite, especially for underthings and lingerie, but they have some nice clothes that are nicely priced. Shoes,too.

Payless has more variety, though.

If I want more quality, have no problem going into a smaller shop with salespeople. Again, don't care what they think, or if they know. They should be happy that I am there.

Hugs,

Kate_Uhler
01-19-2005, 02:51 PM
www.overstock.com

www.ClassicCloseouts.com

at least for now.. until I get more courage...

in fact about 10 min ago I just got my first shipment.. woohooooo.. my denim skirt, bra and boyshorts.. :) the FedEx guy did look at me funny while I was signing.. but that was my imagination..

problem is do they fit.... I'll keep you posted.

question to all those girls brave enough to shop out in the big scary world...

do you try on the cloths? (kind of blows your cover of buying for your girlfriend.. huh? )

excited about trying on my new wardrobe!!!! pics soon.

excited and giddy,
ms Kate

Melissa A.
01-20-2005, 10:13 AM
No, don't try them on, Kate. It's pretty much hit or miss.Although I know my size very well by now and have a pretty good idea of what looks good on me.

Shopping dressed, though... Hell yeah, I will try EVERYTHING on!

Hugs,

Susan S
01-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Well this evening I was in town and I felt empowered enough to go into a shop and buy myself a pair of shoes. I'm so happy as I managed to find a pair of 3.5" black high heels with a pointed toe which is exactly what I was after.

I tried them on as soon as I got home and they are lovely, I just wish I'd done this years ago as high heels are definitley for me :D

So just need to get a few more things now, have planned to go shopping at the weekend.

Thanks everyone for all your tips and encouragement :)

Love
Susan
xx

Georgette
01-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Gotta Go Gotta Go Gotta Go. I'm of to see the vicky s and who knows where else, Hey yall know Valentines day is coming and you don't have to be shy about that frilly little outfit you are getting for the girls I say girls because you better get one for theSO too.

Chrissycd
01-20-2005, 09:41 PM
There are still occasions when I am not particularly daring, but if there is a good sale, nothing will stop me from browsing anymore. I've most recently been hitting Kohls clearance racks in a big way, and coming home wondering where I will find enough hangers, but I do find great success online, too. I love Zappos for shoes. They have excellent service, larger sizes and widths, and a huge selection, even with customer reviews, so you know whether they will be comfortable or not and all. I also like JCPenney online quite a bit. I just came home to a pair of tshirt bras and a pretty silk cami in the mail today, and I'm wearing them this minute under a silk blouse with a pretty yellow skirt and heels.
:)
Chrissy
ps - Kmart has been making a point of having very good bargains on makeup lately, too.

Janet K.
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Most of the time I go to WalMart or Target for my clothes and shoes---I have never had any problems except for a few strange looks when I walk up to the register with a dress or tights. The local Wal Mart has installed self check out stands so that makes it a lot easier---I wish Target will as well. Another good place is Goodwill---everything is second hand, but the people there are friendly and don't hassle you and the dressing rooms are unmanned. Payless Shoe Source is also a good place to go for shoes. I get my tights at Dillards---might get some funny looks but that is the only store around here that has tan (my favorite color) tights in stock. They had a great deal on tights last week---2 pairs of Donna Karan tights for $12. You know I snagged those in a heartbeat!! Plus, DKNY has the better sizes and fit so wonderfully!! I have a pair on right now at work (underneath the drab of course) and my legs feel heavenly!

iseiai no okama
01-24-2005, 03:38 AM
i mostly shop at Ross and Mervyns. Might consider visiting Burlington's and some of the really nice thrift stores. More places might be open if my sister (who knows and is cool about it) goes shopping with me.

Ah, but the rub is that my cash flow is low, so even if i went my sister, i wouldn't be able to say, buy a nice expensive halter or something like that from a trendy mall outlet.