PDA

View Full Version : I'm a total chicken

Delila
12-10-2006, 12:20 AM
Ok so I really want to go try on some new boots tomorrow and maybe buy some. But I am totally afraid that someone will see me that knows me and tell everyone that I know about it. Has anyone else encountered this and what did or would you do in this position. Please let me know cause I really want some new boots.

JessieLynn
12-10-2006, 12:25 AM
Ohh just go for it!! I LOVE shoe shopping and I dont care who looks. Payless is great they usually very helpfull there. I try on a few pairs and walk a little to see how they feel. No one really pays attention.

Good Luck,

Jess.

Delila
12-10-2006, 12:29 AM
Thanks Jessie,
I usually just have my wife try them on since we wear the same size but I really want to do it for my self. I think I will but then again I really am a coward guess we will see.

NatashaCD
12-10-2006, 12:31 AM
try going to a store out of town where noone know you thats what i do

Delila
12-10-2006, 12:48 AM
I live in a large metropolotin area driving where I dont know people consists of driving about 30 miles. I am pretty sure that no one I know will see me its really a matter of my fear of people thinking that I am different that scares me. I know that I am shallow but I really cant help it.

Samantha B L
12-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Megan,You may as well go ahead and buy em.I've been through stuff like what you're milling over and over in your mind about when I saw neat stuff that i wanted to buy at local stores,malls,etc.and I finally decided that it didn't matter what in the hell people thought that were only aquaintances and not close freinds.I mean does a happenstance person that went to your Sunday School a couple of times or was in one or two Junior High Study Halls with you like 15-20 years ago matter that much?And what if they moved to another town 20 miles away in 1979?If they are TG freindly it's nice and i hope I'm not coming accross as too pessimistic.I bet that you'll come away with your boots just fine and in one peice.You probably know this already but with rare exceptions almost all of the "family" clothing retail businesses,Wal- Mart,Victoria's Secret,Sears,Kohl's,Penney's,T.J.Maxx are TG freindly and they'll help you all they can.There's only one thing though.In the more conservative parts of the country they don't like for guys to "try out" hosiery and lingerie or use the ladie's dressing stalls.Oh well,when you go out take your time and have fun.There's nothing like shopping.Yours,Samantha

Delila
12-10-2006, 01:12 AM
Thanks Samantha I'm sure that ill go for it I think I was just looking for a little moral support which you have all given. Thank you all.

Jerigirl
12-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I've shopped several times at Payless dressed up as a woman. I live in a very conservative city, but the ladies are very helpful. I tried on a really cute pair of black pumps, and walked around the store in them. Too much fun! The sales lady actually told me they had a purse to match the shoes. Too cute! I bought a pair of really cute wedge sandals that I adore. They also have really cute boots as well. I LOVE that store.

Kisses,
Jeri

Delila
12-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Just a short update. I think I will wear a bra out of the house for the first time to help give me courage. This will be the first time since halloween dressing that I have done this and I will use it as encouragement to let me feel more fem. Wish me luck.

Tracey Montreal
12-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Its all about attitude Megan- The biggest problem ( for me anyway) is that very few of the sexier styles are available in the larger sizes ( i take a women's eleven )... Payless has been the best so far-- Winners is ok sometimes too. Enjoy Trace.

Naomi
12-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Ok so I really want to go try on some new boots tomorrow and maybe buy some. But I am totally afraid that someone will see me that knows me and tell everyone that I know about it. Has anyone else encountered this and what did or would you do in this position. Please let me know cause I really want some new boots.

Snap, i want to go and buy myself some boots too, and yes im a bit worried getting caught out, however just today i went to my local supermarket to buy yet more pantyhose ( following up from my success of the day before)
so there i am beany hat on as a disguise in the right aisle browsing properly at the different types, then i hear '' oi giz a sweet then'' was only the woman who works in the canteen where i work. I remained totally calm, not fazed in the slightest. Gave her a sweet and made a bit of small talk. bid my goodbyes and left the store minus the pantyhose.

Bethanygirl
12-10-2006, 12:35 PM
You have rights, just because some people disapprove doesn't mean you can't do something. As for people you know, what chance is there really? Do it, worry about explanations later in the unlikely chance that someone you know sees you. As my wife says: No balls-No baby(or boots!)

Rachel Morley
12-10-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm in a similar position, I feel shy about trying women's shoes and boots on in the store in boy mode. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I do. If it was just me and the sales assistant I wouldn't have a problem, but when there's all the other customers milling around you, and watching you buckle a pair of stapppy shoes on your feet, with one's painted toenails on show too, I feel nervous about doing it.

IMHO it takes guts to be an out cder, in public places, doing girly things, in boy mode.

Karren H
12-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Just go!! No one is embarased or really cares except you!!! Just act like you own the place...like you belong and it's no big deal....because it isn't really..... Just footware... lol

Love Karren

Jodi
12-10-2006, 07:52 PM
If you wear a size 11 or smaller, just go to any shoe store and try on. Have your hose on under your jeans--makes it easier. I shop for my shoes at Macy's, Bakers, Aldo's, Ninewest, and countless others. I don't shop Payless because, I wear a size 9-1/2 or 10, and I don't like the quality of Payless shoes. I select a shoe, sit down, try it on, stand up and take several steps. I do this in drab with other customers around. Do I get some interesting stares? Yes! Do I care? No! I'm very particular about my shoes, both for fit and style, so I always try on before buying.

Now get out there and get those boots.

Jodi

Delila
12-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Well I went out but I just could not find anything that I really liked. My wife is going to take me to a couple of more places tomorrow hopefully I can find something good. Thanks for the encouragement.