PDA

View Full Version : vote first then read theres a reason

kimmigir1
12-10-2006, 02:18 AM
see i was just wondering if crossdressing stems from lack of male parenting in life so yeah thats the reason for the poll i want to know from others if that is a key point in crossdressing

Delila
12-10-2006, 02:22 AM
I did have a father figure in my life from one point to another but my biological father was absolutely not in my life.

Beckii_aCDInOz
12-10-2006, 02:31 AM
I didn't answer as two choices are not enough in such a complex issue.

However, I'll answer in this way, instead...

My father (passed away when I was 25 - April 87)

For instance dad took an interest in everything I did. He drove me to hockey (ice) rink at 9:30pm and waited the 1 1/2 hours of training in the cold for me.

Many other things dad did for me, gave me and showed me along the way.

However, not once did he say he loved me, not once did he hug or show any affection. Still in his last few months (liver cancer) he totally changed, became softer and in the last few days of his life I knew how he felt about me, even if it was still too hard to say himself.

So if that gives you an insight into my relationship with my dad, then that's cool :)

hugs

x

beckii

Chiana
12-10-2006, 02:31 AM
In my case, environment or nurturing or a lack of nuturing had absolutely nothing to do with my wanting to cross dress. It is entirely internal. I wanted to dress (2 - 3 yo.) before I even understood the significance of male vs. female. No one encouraged it or enfluenced it. It is just me.....

Tracey Montreal
12-10-2006, 02:56 AM
I had four sisters growing up... so it was easy to experiment.... I don't think my parents really had much effect one way or the other.... Tracey.

Penny
12-10-2006, 03:16 AM
I admired my father. He was strong, loving and dedicated to his family. He was the model I used to raise my children. When the results are in, I think it will be a pretty even split because as I have said before, I don't belive envoirnment is a factor as whether one is a crossdresser.

:hugs:

Penny

iwearpanties
12-10-2006, 06:23 AM
i didnt have a father growing up my parents split up before i was even 2 yrs old so i never had that chance most boys did whos had fathers .i fought with my mom too allow me too play sports all i ever got was youll get hurt ... wild thing is one she was watching me play with some friends and she told im so sorry i never let you play . in time i became a a very good basketball player and even got as high as the pro level but i didnt last long there but i did live the american dream many young boys have too be a some what pro athlete:2c:

Veronica E. Scott
12-10-2006, 06:47 AM
It seems as though that is pretty cut and dryed,Yes or No What do you mean by an active roll in your life?

Do you mean a Ward Clever, Archie Bunker,Red Fox, Ozzie Nelson?

The only active roll my father took in my life is when he was beating me either with a stick , club, belt or a swich he mayed me cut with his knife.

crossing-the-rain
12-10-2006, 07:51 AM
Nothing related to my dad,met him at 14 after they divorced when I was 3 yrs.old,my habit started at 11 to 12.
Rain.

Lawren
12-10-2006, 07:53 AM
I voted NO because my Dad involved me in his life, not the other way around. We did things that he wanted to do. This was not a totally bad thing as we had similar interests but he worked nights so that made it more difficult for him.

marie354
12-10-2006, 07:59 AM
My SO is a RN and she says it's genetic. We're born that way gals!

Madeleine
12-10-2006, 08:21 AM
My mother left when I was 10 leaving me with a bitter father who would beat me like he beat her. I guess I have been hankering after a female figure in my life since then, and I suppose my alter cd ego proves for this, and I have always enjoyed the smooth and gentle feeling of feminine clothing - though not in a sexual way you understand. Perhaps this has been my compensation.

Love and Hugs - Madeleine

Naomi
12-10-2006, 08:34 AM
see i was just wondering if crossdressing stems from lack of male parenting in life so yeah thats the reason for the poll i want to know from others if that is a key point in crossdressing

Well i have to say my dad didnt play much of a role in my upbringing thankfully. Maybe has absence has played a role in my c/ding.
But if he had been around maybe i would have been like him, thankfully i am not as he is not the nicest of guys tbh.

occdresser
12-10-2006, 08:42 AM

that would make sense

Tina Dixon
12-10-2006, 08:42 AM
I was raised by my grand parents and my grand father who I called dad was a good man and worked hard twelve hours a day and my grand mother seen to my up keeping, may be thats why I put a dress on now and then, don't really know nor do I care.

occdresser
12-10-2006, 08:48 AM

i can totally relate to the subject, my father was there but did very minimal things with me. very good point.

Lilith Moon
12-10-2006, 09:01 AM
I adored my (adopted) father and he obviously loved me although he was usually too ill to interact much. He died when I was ten years old...I was alone with him when he collapsed and I ran for help...when we got back a few minutes later he was dead. After a gap of about three years my mother remarried. My new stepfather was a big, heavy, bullying yob.

However, my CD-ing was established long before any of this happened.

Charleen
12-10-2006, 09:20 AM
I voted no. My dad tried, but as he had a really bad childhood himself, he didn't know how to raise a child. Tried to get me involved in sports as he loved sports and was very athletic himself. Me, the opposite. Could care less, and heavy most of my life. Had to be a big disappointment to him. I will say that he did not physically abuse me, but he could cut me down in a minute by telling me I couldn't do anything right. Took me years to get back on track, because I thought he was right, so I stopped trying. Yet I know he loved me in his own way. He was emotionally crippled by the abuse and neglect he received when he was growing up.
Does that have anything to do with my CDing? Don't know. In the long run, it is probably a combination of a myriad of things. At this point, don't care. Just coming to terms that this is the way I am, and will be, so the job at hand for me is not so much why, but the acceptance of me now.
Love and xxxx, Lily

LaFem
12-10-2006, 11:28 AM
One of the consistent thoughts about crossdressing is that we are "father haters", and have suffered from a lack of father and son bonding, or daddy was never around to play with his little boy. I think there is something to that. In my case, this was very true. I remember wanting to be a girl at 4 years old. This is actually the first childhood memory I have. I think that nature is the seed, and nurture is the fertilizer. Hey, I like that thought!

Miamerica
12-10-2006, 11:44 AM
I voted no. My dad provided enough material things for me so that I never had a need for anything. However, emotionally he was vacant - and from what I understand that is what he got from his dad too.

I had posted in my intro that my dad was a CD. First of all, I knew he was doing it because I had found his stash many times. Also, about 10 years ago he came out rather abruptly to my mom - mom told me - never ever discussed again until after his passing. Without revealing myself to my mom I had slightly addressed the issue, explaining that his death not only relieved him of his cancer, but also of the negative feelings he experienced from being a CD. Obviously he never was fortunate enough to find out that he was not alone - so I can only imagine what it was like for him.

I've broken the cycle and have been more involved and shown more affection to my children in their <10 years of life than my dad did for me in 20+ years. I am also teaching the kids that its ok to be "different" and to be tolerant of anyone's race/sex/religion etc.

I am preparing myself for the chance that my son does this too.

princessmichelle
12-10-2006, 11:50 AM
OOoh! A poll that is evenly split! How exciting!:D

Maybe my humor is an attempt to limit the tension I sometimes feel about this issue.

PM

Amy Hepker
12-10-2006, 11:52 AM
I am sorry, but it would be hard to awnser. My dad was very busy the first part of my childhood, and around 12 we were around each other quite a bit. He died when I turned 18, so I felt robbed.

susiegrl19
12-10-2006, 12:11 PM
My Dad worked hard all his life to give my sister and I the things we needed. I was the wild one and never home. So he had nothing to do with my Cd life at all.

Brianne_bc
12-10-2006, 01:03 PM
My father was pretty much not in my life till about age 6. untill then i was 100% mummies boy....

Karren H
12-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Nope......

Karren

rye_ginger
12-10-2006, 01:48 PM
I have a father who is still very involved and dedicated. So, there's an opposite view. But from reading through these I saw how many of you said that you can't comment because you never knew your father, or you lost him at a joung age, or some other strain between the two of you. Isn't this a comment in and of itself?

janet p
12-10-2006, 01:48 PM
My Dad(stepdad) worked hard to keep his bussiness going so we didn't have much play time together but I would go on his route with and we would be together. My CDing has nothing to do with not having a father figure.It started with dressing up at my best friends house in his mothers silk dress.:love:

Shannon CD
12-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Interisting poll, but I would have to agree that this is much to complex an issue to decide on a yes or no basis.

For example, it does not differentiate as to whether or not the father's role was positve.

lahr
12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
My Dad was a good man. He held down a full time job and owned a profitable small business. I remember the electric trains and bicycles at Christams. No shortage of baseball gloves or footballs at my place. Also I remember Dad, my brother, and I going hunting and fishing. Mom was a fashion consultant and I remember fondling the lingere, high heels, and stockings at her office when we visited her at work. The sexy perfumed odor, the silky feeling of womens undies. I musta been about six years old at the time and the femme thing was already there. I think my brother is a CDer too but I dont know how to ask him.

MJ
12-10-2006, 05:11 PM
my cross dressing does not stem from lack of a farther figure. I adored my dad he was great and did the best he could. i don't think that cding is due in part because there is a lack of a father figure.

Bobbie cd
12-10-2006, 06:58 PM
I may be atypical, but I can't blame the cding on a lack of a father figure.

I had an absolutely wonderful childhood, the american dream basically. I grew up in a small midwestern town with two loving parents. My father has always been an inspiration and role model for me. My mother was never overbearing or controlling, never tried to load me with guilt or anything, so I guess you could say I had it pretty good in the home environment department. (Think a cross between Mayberry R.F.D. and Leave it to Beaver.)

Sharon
12-10-2006, 07:05 PM
I had a wonderful father and I can't imagine there being a better one.

Bluebird GG
12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
even though i am genetic female i wanted to answer this my dad is awesome he has always been there, and i luv him! he's the best!:<3:

Butterfly Bill
12-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Not only my father but also my oldest brother had a great deal in teaching me. My parents stayed together until death did them part with the demise of my father when I was 33 and they had been married for 43 years.

vbcdgrl
12-10-2006, 08:45 PM
I can't vote yes or no on this one, either. My Dad was an alcoholic and was sometimes abusive to both my mother and I. He was not a very happy man, very seldom smiled or laughed. But, I can't say he was totally absent from my life, 'cause we did have some good times together. And, I see from some of the other responses, that many of us did have "good" Dads.
I don't think we can pin our CDing on any particular enviornmental factor.
I think the basis is genetic, and feminine influence may help trigger the behavior.

Vikki

Samantha B L
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
My Dad was a great guy.He died while I was still fairly young,but I don't think it was anything in my relationship to my Mom or Dad.The whole entire fantasy and impulse was there I guess before I was ever in grade school.Like many of you girls I've decided over the years that it must be some sort of genetic tendency so why fight it.

michelleliz
12-10-2006, 09:20 PM
My father wasn't around much . He was a truck driver, I can remember when I was about 8 or 9 He took me to and bought me my first pair of panties. I was so embarrest I never told him But I really liked wearing them

Michelle liz

Trisha
12-10-2006, 09:28 PM
no father or mother draged up by granmother :D

Terry V
12-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Loved my Dad and miss him. He was a hard working blue collar guy and shared most of his hobbys with us kids and made us feel important.
My CDing did not come from a lack of male images, between my Dad and his 4 brothers there was no lack of males in my life, but then again my Mother had 8 sisters. Makes you stand back and wonder Hmmm.

Diana West
12-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I have some wonderful memories of times with my dad.
I also remember some fights with him too. Just normal conflicts that two men from two generations would have.
So I have to say, our relationship was pretty good. And I miss him.

JoAnnDallas
12-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Boys are rare in my family. Usually only one boy each generation is born. Thus when I was growing up, my father and I were fairly close. We didn't always see eye to eye, but over all we had a great relationship.

connie71
12-14-2006, 10:55 PM
My father definitely was NOT involved in my life.

cdeeko
12-14-2006, 11:57 PM
My father was very active in my life. However he is also very religious...almost old testament god in his views on judgement and also extremely homophobic--the sort that cannot understand you can be CD and straight.
He is someoen I can never share this part of my life with...and one of the reasons aside from self esteem issues I could never go for it til now--I recently gave up on organized religion for other reasons.
I love him but I also see how this would effect his view of me.
Mom is also conservative Christian. So hiding this from her also will probably always be a factor.
It's gonna be hard enough to get my wife to accept it. I know she will never be a part of it. I will always being going to clubs with friends.
BUT if she will just accept it is a part of my life and allow it so be it. It will be a good start.

GraceUSA
12-15-2006, 01:00 AM
Hard one to answer. My parents split when I was young (2ish) and lived with my mom until I was 10. At that point I lived with my dad. Never had any sisters (only brothers) and my mom is very tomboy. My dad has been very positive in my life and can't point to anything in my family that would cause me to be a CD. I've always wondered why I was a boy from as far back as I can remember.

Country girl
12-15-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm not a CD, I'm a GG, but the CD's I know all had fathers who were very active in a positive way in their lives. So I would have to say no. It really has nothing to do with your upbringing.