PDA

View Full Version : First Male Item

CaptLex
12-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Here's a question for the guys (FtMs):

Do you remember what is the very first male item of clothing that you wore? I started when I was finally old enough to make my own money (about 14), as my parents would never buy them. But I don't really remember what my very first item was . . . although I suspect a tie was involved. :heehee: How about you guys . . . do you remember?

pocoyo
12-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Ooh fun question :happy:

Not sure what counts as the FIRST, but I will recount some style experiences here HAHA:

Well... I can remember this little baseball cap I used to wear when I was like 3... it was red and white and had a little elephant stitched on it (awwwwww!) I used to wear that and make people call me Martin LOL I dunno where that little name sprang from :straightface:

There is a pic somewhere of me in my "Martin hat" (as mum calls it). I should dig it out and post it for you to have a chuckle at!

I think apart from that I wore quite boyish things anyway.. you know, little kid jeans n stuff.. quite unisex clothes I suppose.

Then when I was a bit older it was just jeans, t shirts, shirts and stuff 'cos I thought Edward Furlong was so cool in T2 and I used to try and dress like him hahaha! .. Not much has changed to be honest teehee! My Dad showed me the film cos it's so awsome even though I wasn't old enough to watch it... how naughty! LOL He also used to let me listen to Guns n' Roses, swear words n all.. but...(this seems to be becoming my catchphrase).. altogether now "that's another story!" LOL

I've always been a rock person and dressed similar to Guns n' Roses... (not that that's always particularly masculine hehe!)
I went through a major punk stage as well where I used to dress like the Sex Pistols haha! Wow I should post some pics of me with my huge spikey hair (and some of my gnr look) ... Lex would DEFINITELY not be scared to post a pic after seeing me looking so funny!! Watch this space guys ;)
Oh yeah I also always have a boyish leather jacket (have done since I was about 11) this is very handy for 1) being cool like Arnie (HAHAHAH shut UP)... I even wore it to Planet Hollywood with my T2 t shirt underneath lmao I'm such a geek! 2) Being a rock person 3) Being a motorbike loving person (mmmmm Harleys)... you get the idea!

Some things I have bought that made me feel good and I knew I was buying them specifically to be a boy are... some cool skater jeans from the boys' section of a shop, boxers, some nice shirts and jeans from charity shops, and the infamous purple tie. :happy:

Kieron Andrew
12-10-2006, 12:21 PM
a baseball cap and a shirt, both of which i still have but the shirt definitely dont fit anymore

bi_weird
12-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Well being gigantic for a female, I had boys clothes off and on just 'cause they were easier to find. The first thing I purchased because it was male was some awesome baggy pants, though I still didn't connect my gender issues then. The first thing I purchased because of gender issues was a guys button up shirt.
So yeah, pick whichever first you want.

Adam
12-10-2006, 02:04 PM
i cant remember my first boy item tbh

ohh i have to add this because i love them soooooooooooo much i got myself some cowboy boots yesrerday :)

Kieron Andrew
12-10-2006, 02:05 PM
ohh i have to add this because i love them soooooooooooo much i got myself some cowboy boots yesrerday :)
i want some, where did you get em bud?? hmmm might look on ebay for some

Adam
12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
catolog freemans one :D

Kieron Andrew
12-10-2006, 02:31 PM
catolog freemans one :D
bugger ok.....my problem is ive only got childrens sized feet but ive ALWAYS wanted a pair of cowboy boots since i was a kid

Adam
12-10-2006, 02:35 PM
what size are you?? they only have 7 plus size in freemans but i will keep a look out for you

Kieron Andrew
12-10-2006, 02:39 PM
what size are you?? they only have 7 plus size in freemans but i will keep a look out for you
UK size 3, yeah have a look around for me!, ive been looking but all the sites ive found have been US sites and im not sure of the sizing differences

*sorry to go off topic guys

Felix
12-10-2006, 03:43 PM
When I was a kid I always wore jeans and I can remember as I got to the age when I could choose because I had no hips I used to choose boys jeans. Eventually that stopped cos Mother thought I shouldn't be and it was back to girls jeans even though they were not as comfortable. I got a leather jacket lol that took until I was 16 I felt so butch in it. The second one I got, I was in my twenties, I was even more butch I loved it especially when i had my head shaved :heehee: When I came out I started wearing mens shirts when I went out and the odd pair of mens trousers, oh and boxers became a big thing. I started wearing mens pjs too. I went through a soft period but since the summer things have sarted creeping back cos I'm findin mens stuff that fits, my boxers are coming into the fore again but mainly for sleeping in. For the last five and a half yrs I've wore mens tee shirts. Think that's all xx Felix :hugs:

RevMoonSerpent
12-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Well ever since I can remember I always wore girls clothes that were cut in the style of mens fashion but, the first item I ever purchased in the mens department was when I was 18. It was a logo t-shirt at Macy's and I still have it and wear it.

pocoyo
12-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Ok well here are some funny pics of me as mentioned in my 1st post in this thread...

Me with Black spikes aged 15 and how it looked when it was flat (in my pyjamas!).
There's me with pink spikes about aged 15/16 at a festival (the floppy pink hair is when it rained on me!)

If you can't post pics after this Lex... then I don't know what lol!!

[Edit: That's enough of the spikey pics for now! (Job done... Lex posted a pic yaay!)]

pocoyo
12-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh yeah and me with my friend when I was 12 or 13:
(I'm the shorter one.. the one in the Harley Davidson boots).

[Edit: pics have been put away for another day :happy:]

CaptLex
12-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Interesting answers, guys, thanks for sharing. I figured it would be different than the ones the ladies tell about getting into their mom's or sister's underwear drawers, but I didn't know what to expect 'cause I've never asked any guys that before.

Adam, I'm soooooo jealous - I LOVE cowboy boots, but I can't find my size anymore. Like Kieron, my feet are still small, but now my calves have filled in, so I may have to look into custom-made (right after I knock over a bank). Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Poc, :eek: no way, man! I can't believe that's you! You really have different looks - I'll bet you're never boring. Thanks for that. I have no excuse now . . . :p

Gabriel
12-10-2006, 06:43 PM
Since there were always gender neutral clothing while growing up... let me say the first one that "crosses the line" (hence mostly not worn) was a pair of men's dress shoes. If shoes don't count, then it's a men's business shirt (mostly hidden). :p

CaptLex
12-10-2006, 06:46 PM
Since there were always gender neutral clothing while growing up... let me say the first one that "crosses the line" (hence mostly not worn) was a pair of men's dress shoes. If shoes don't count, then it's a men's business shirt (mostly hidden). :p
Yeah, shoes count - everything counts! Thanks, Gabriel. It's funny how a lot of us seem to have started with gender-neutral, I think that made it easier to have people start accepting it. :happy:

pocoyo
12-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Poc, :eek: no way, man! I can't believe that's you! You really have different looks - I'll bet you're never boring. Thanks for that. I have no excuse now . . . :p

Hehehe!

Squeee (very gay squeal), you just admitted.. in public... that you have no excuse now muahahaha!!

pocoyo
12-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi again Lex!
I was just kidding btw.... please don't feel pressured into posting a pic if you don't feel quite right doing it.
I know that I and the other guys wouldn't even mind if we had to wait months to see you... just as long as we got to see you eventually! hehe. :happy:

CaptLex
12-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi again Lex!
I was just kidding btw.... please don't feel pressured into posting a pic if you don't feel quite right doing it.
I know that I and the other guys wouldn't even mind if we had to wait months to see you... just as long as we got to see you eventually! hehe. :happy:
Now you tell me . . . ;) Not a current pic, but I did put an old one in the "Pics" thread to satisfy your interest a bit until I do get a current one. :tongueout

pocoyo
12-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I saw I saw I saw and commented and now I'm all hyperactive wheeeee!!!
:cheer: AWESOME!

Evert
12-11-2006, 12:12 PM
I have nooo idea what my first item was. I dressed in boy clothes all my life (like bi_weird for the larger sizes). The first thing I felt really proud of were some boxershorts some weeks ago. Made me nervous when I had to pay. Now I wear them every day, just secretly. But I makes me feel so much better. :D

I hope you don't mind me for saying it Poco, but I would really have a crush on a girl like you. :o

pocoyo
12-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I hope you don't mind me for saying it Poco, but I would really have a crush on a girl like you. :o
:eek: :eek: In what pic??! LOL

Evert
12-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Oh god I've got him scared! :tongueout

Erm when you are wearing the Harley Boots. :o

pocoyo
12-11-2006, 12:17 PM
Haahaha!
Thanks... I think :straightface: :p

Evert
12-11-2006, 12:22 PM
Sorry, can't help it. I'm a leather-addicted, motorcycle-wanting, girl-loving metalhead.. :D

pocoyo
12-11-2006, 12:27 PM
Haha very cool. Know the feeling (I have had bikes before when I was younger... just a couple of trials bikes though, not an awesome Harley like I'd love)!
Mind you I'm not strictly a girl there... just a person.... have you considered the possibility you may be gay muahaha :devil: teehee.

Evert
12-11-2006, 03:51 PM
After my comingout "I'm a lesbian" (I hate that word!), I came out to my parents as "straight guy", and now I have to come out again??? :devil:

Mom, Dad, I'm a gay guy.. :D

CaptLex
12-11-2006, 04:02 PM
After my comingout "I'm a lesbian" (I hate that word!), I came out to my parents as "straight guy", and now I have to come out again??? :devil:

Mom, Dad, I'm a gay guy.. :D
Just keep 'em guessing, Evert. Not easy to keep up with us, is it? :p

pocoyo
12-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Lmao... yep.. basically :D Sorry dude.. but if you can't resist the Pocster's charms then it seems you're gay :p

Evert
12-11-2006, 04:24 PM
The horror! :eek:

Well.. I wouldn't mind dating you.. :p

pocoyo
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM
*big grin* You know, I take that as rather a compliment. Cheers :cheers:

Evert
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
*big grin* You know, I take that as rather a compliment. Cheers :cheers:

:cheers: Let's drink on that one.

So who else wants to confess..? :p

Kieron Andrew
12-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Evert and pocoyo sitting in a tree.......... :tongueout

Evert
12-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Evert and pocoyo sitting in a tree.......... :tongueout

D R I N K I N G :cheers:

Kieron Andrew
12-11-2006, 04:38 PM
D R I N K I N G :cheers:hey thats not how the song goes! :devil: :tongueout

Evert
12-11-2006, 04:39 PM
That how the song about poco and me goes! :tongueout :p

pocoyo
12-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Haha Kieron!!

Yes I'll go along with the D-R-I-N-K-I-N-G song :D

Kieron Andrew
12-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Haha Kieron!!

Yes I'll go along with the D-R-I-N-K-I-N-G song :D
:whistling:

susiegrl19
12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
UK size 3, yeah have a look around for me!, ive been looking but all the sites ive found have been US sites and im not sure of the sizing differences

*sorry to go off topic guys

I am looking at several pairs of my heels and they have world size chart on the bottom. The diference in UK and Us is Uk is one and half size smaller then US. Sample: US 10 UK 81/2 Hope that helps. Sorry, I know that wasn't the subject of the Post.

Dasein9
12-17-2006, 02:25 AM
I remember watching Mom consider some Toughskins that were on sale at the Navy Exchange. She bought me two pair, and a Hang Ten (Remember that brand? With the little feet.) t-shirt. I wore them as often as I could. Before that it had all been lacy socks (socks!) and even my jeans had crappy appliques on them. This was at around 9 years old.

At the age of about 15, Mom decided to let me try shopping for myself. I brought home a narrow satin tie with musical notes on. (Hey, give me a break; it was the '80's!) She didn't let me shop for myself again until... well, let's just say she still tries to shop for me... But, in August, she bought me some cool men's shirts.

CaptLex
12-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Das,

I remember Hang Ten - but then I'm older than you. Sounds like Mom is coming around. :thumbsup:

Xaff
12-27-2006, 06:24 AM
A shirt.

John
01-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I think I must have got my first item of boy's clothing at about the age of seven. (I was very boyish back then. I was the only girl in the school exempt from having their hair up: you can’t put one inch of hair in a bunch).

The first things I bought specifically for CDing was underpants and a polo shirt.

Today I bought my first pair of proper men’s shoes :D

CaptLex
01-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Today I bought my first pair of proper men’s shoes :D
Congrats! My feet are too small for men's shoes - so I have to shop in the boys department. :p

Kieron Andrew
01-02-2007, 05:28 PM
My feet are too small for men's shoes - so I have to shop in the boys department. :pme too, im still trying to find some cowboy/western boots in kids english sizes

Evert
01-02-2007, 05:46 PM
me too, im still trying to find some cowboy/western boots in kids english sizes

Im so lucky I have large feet... :straightface:

Adam
01-02-2007, 07:15 PM
now please dont laugh but there is one resion i hate haveing size 8 feet i always wanted the trainners that light up at the heels and i cant get them in my size :( :hiding:

John
01-03-2007, 06:09 AM
I HAD LIGHT-UP TRAINERS WHEN I WAS A KID!! Blue ones. They were so cool...

Wait, you can get them in big sizes? WHERE?

bi_weird
01-03-2007, 08:03 PM
OMW I ALWAYS wanted those light up shoes, but I have HUGE feet so I outgrew them really fast. This still saddens me today.

John
01-04-2007, 06:03 AM
Well, my borther's good with simple electrics, I still retain all my textile skills from being a girl, I'm sure we could knock something up together.

There could well be a market for this...