PDA

View Full Version : Shopping En Femme with a Credit Card?

michelleceedee
12-10-2006, 12:08 PM
I was wondering how many of you have run into this situation? I usually shop en femme as it is both fun and practical. You actually get less stares and have less problems than being a guy in drab "hanging" out in the womans dept. Normally I carry enough cash to take care of my purchases. Sometimes however, I over spend and need to use my C/C which then means I need to show a picture ID. Trouble is the picture has me with a beard and looks nothing like ME! Needless to say, it is awkward and has even resulted in the clerk refusing to accept the ID. If there is a solution to this, I'd love to hear it. Thanks, Michelleceedee

Lisa Golightly
12-10-2006, 12:42 PM
The UK is all chip and pin in the highstreet so no-one gets to touch your card, read the name, or ask for ID. Why not get a new piece of ID with an androgynous looking photo.

Joyciecd
12-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Joycie has her own credit card and has a picture ID that was made by her support group. I have never been asked for the ID, but it is a great comfort to know that I will be ready if asked.

SherriePall
12-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Can't help here. I've only used my credit card once while en femme. It was the day after Halloween this year and I stopped at a beauty stand in a department store. (Don't ask which one because I can't remember.)
I asked the clerk if they still carried a type of lipstick my wife was running low on and expressed an interest that I get her a replacement. Anyhow, I asked and the clerk said yes they still carried that color.
I said I would like to buy it and offered my drab credit card for payment. She took it and asked, "Mrs. (my real name as listed on the card), would you like anything else?"
I replied no that was all. I signed my real drab name on the slip. She said, "Thank you, Mrs. _________." I then left.
I was expecting her to ask for ID, but she didn't. I was kind of hoping she did, so I would get something like, "No, I need yours. Not your husband"s"

suzy
12-10-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, maybe explain that you are using you husbands card?? I guess it depends on tyhe stores and their rules... sorry.. I don't know... I have always shopped in drab!:o

carolclaire
12-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I shop at Nordstrom's en femme as it attracts less attention. I have a Nordstrom's card but wanted to upgrade and add my wife to the account.
The Nordstrom's associate directed me to Customer Service, where the woman filled out the necessary forms and then asked for my driver's license.
I showed her my license, which is, of course, for my man-self. She gave me a big smile and said "Wow!". I replied "Don't mind the gray hair." All in all an enjoyable experience, as have all of my shopping experiences at Nordstrom's have been.

Carol

Karren H
12-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Nope......I always pay cash.....else I don't buy anything... harder to trace and my wife does all the bills...

K

Angie G
12-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi Michelle welcome to the family enjoy your stay I never shop with a card :hugs:
Angie

ErikaLeigh
12-10-2006, 05:10 PM
Use a debit, and then you just have to enter a pin number, no ID required.

Niya W
12-10-2006, 05:29 PM
most places dont ask to see ID. I've never had any freak out when they did

Ashley1
12-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Like Karren, I always pay cash. I usually know when I go shopping if I am going to buy any fem things, and always take along enough cash to cover the cost.

Ashley

vbcdgrl
12-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Ashley, I'd like to meet you. I think we live close
Anyway, I agree with Erika that you can probably use your debit card, assuming the merchant has the capability to enter your PIN. If they don't, the card will be treated as a credit card, and you may be asked to show your ID. Here in California, I have noticed that most merchants do ask for ID(driver's license) when using a CREDIT card.
Of course, the cash method is the least incriminating, but sooo atypical of the American shopper.

Vikki

Jesse69
12-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I have used my credit card for all en femme shopping and they never asked for I.D. Maybe because my first name goes both ways as a guy and a girl! (Jesse). If they really don't beleive it's me I can always take off my wig...

Cristi
12-10-2006, 09:00 PM
I was out a week or so before halloween and paid by credit card. I wasn't expecting to be asked for ID, but I had forgotten to sign the back of the new card, so the salesperson asked me for a photo ID! :(

I showed her my license. She glanced at it, said 'thank you' and started bagging my purchases. Since I don't wear a wig, I guess I look enough like my drab self when dressed that it was obviously me in the photo.

Adrienne Heels
12-10-2006, 09:12 PM
I use my credit card while shopping, and haven't been asked for ID...but I am out in these stores and they know me from shopping in drab.

Phoebe Reece
12-10-2006, 09:27 PM
In some states (such as Georgia) you can have a state issued ID card in addition to your driver's license. I have one with a photo of me enfemme, but it has my legal name etc. on it so it works fine as a photo ID for use with my credit cards. It gets a lot of use. See this thread for more info: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706

Glenda58
12-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Use my charge card all the time with my ID got a few double takes and OMGs never turn down. Maybe get a new ID without the beard would help.

KimberlyS
12-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Michelleedee you say:

... Trouble is the picture has me with a beard and looks nothing like ME!
Step one is get a new ID. If you are no longer wearing a beard, even in male mode it most likely is a lot different. Take your ID in and ask for a new ID due to the fact you no longer wear a beard. There may be a charge for this, but if you really want to make things easier buy one less femme item and get an updated picture.

I have not done a lot of shopping enfemme yet, but have done some and have not had any problems with my male credit card and male ID. And I have "See ID" on all of my CC's. I did have one clerk get a huge surprise when I handed her my ID. She gave me a triple check look of disbelief with the last time seeing it was me. She just continued as I was an average customer.

Happy shopping with your new ID

KimberlyS-CD

kathy gg
12-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Amanda has has her femme name on all her credit cards for ages....actually it was harder for me...the wife to get added to the account after we married...guess they fiured there was a mistress and a wife! hahah

Seriously, adding a femme name on your exsisting account is no big deal with Visa or any other cc.

Solves that problem!

Eileen
12-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Michelle I recently went to DMV and got a none drivers license photo ID. I got my hair done and now have a State picture ID of Eileen with my male information. They were wonderful at DMV.

Eileen

megan163
12-11-2006, 02:47 AM
I used my debit card once en femme and had no issues. The SA simply smiled. She even asked if I had a store credit card because using it would have given me an additional 10% off sale.

JenniferMint
12-11-2006, 08:48 AM
Use a debit, and then you just have to enter a pin number, no ID required.

That's what I usually do, too.

I have used my credit card before I figured that out, or when shopping in TG-friendly places though (I prefer to use the credit card because I get 1% cash back). One time, the clerk said "Thank you Miss <lastname>", using the last name from my credit card. ...Hmm, now that I think of it, I wonder why she said "Miss", did she know I was a guy? If she thought it was my husband's card, she'd call me "Mrs.".

Daizy Chains
12-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Amanda has has her femme name on all her credit cards for ages....actually it was harder for me...the wife to get added to the account after we married...guess they fiured there was a mistress and a wife! hahah

Seriously, adding a femme name on your exsisting account is no big deal with Visa or any other cc.

Solves that problem!

yes just ask for a second card it's very easy
I have two one for each name :hugs:
just check the name before you hand it over!!!
Daizy

Charolette time
12-12-2006, 08:59 AM
I was wondering how many of you have run into this situation? I usually shop en femme as it is both fun and practical. You actually get less stares and have less problems than being a guy in drab "hanging" out in the womans dept. Normally I carry enough cash to take care of my purchases. Sometimes however, I over spend and need to use my C/C which then means I need to show a picture ID. Trouble is the picture has me with a beard and looks nothing like ME! Needless to say, it is awkward and has even resulted in the clerk refusing to accept the ID. If there is a solution to this, I'd love to hear it. Thanks, Michelleceedee

:2c: I dont pay with a CC use cash, But a lot of the stores ask for your Phone # or zip code, and I will give them a bunch of made up numbers, dont want any calls to the house, might not be home:devil: , Charolette