PDA

View Full Version : Help sore feet

Paula T
12-10-2006, 04:08 PM
I was out last night to a christmas party and had heels on for about seven hours. The balls of my feet are a little sore today. Anybody got any sure fire solutions for this malady other than not wearing heels.:eek: I took two pair along and they were three and four inchers. help ladies:D

Leslie Foxx
12-10-2006, 05:18 PM
Try gel insoles, or if that will make your shoes too tight, get a pair of foam pads to go right under your metatarsal heads (balls of your feet).

Newport News http://www.newport-news.com/ sells small self stick pads called "Foot Petals". They not only cushion, but keep your toes from sliding out the front of open toe styles.

You could always just request a foot massage:heehee:

eydie
12-10-2006, 05:41 PM
hi Paula, try www.footsmart.com , they have alot of products for lower body health. I bought the $8 shoe stretcher and fixed acouple of shoes...oh, and they have some very comfy clogs too.

Karren H
12-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Well if you ask my wife......don't wear them!! She found an article in Readers Digest about how high heels are ruining many womens legs....read me the whole thing.......slowly......and then said "I don't know why you like them so much"........ Answer...."because they are pretty".... She gave me that look and shut up....for a few minutes!!! hehehe

Love Karren

Bluebird GG
12-10-2006, 07:16 PM
i guess that's the price we pay for a great pair of heels, your feet will eventually get used to the heels give it time it is well worth it!

Jodi
12-10-2006, 07:22 PM
I was out last night to a christmas party and had heels on for about seven hours. The balls of my feet are a little sore today. Anybody got any sure fire solutions for this malady other than not wearing heels.:eek: I took two pair along and they were three and four inchers. help ladies:D

Paula, Welcome to the world of high heels. GG's go through the same thing. I have a gg friend who has worn high (4"+) for years. She once told me that she carries Ambasol in her purse. This is the pain analgesic that is applied to the gums for a toothache. She would remove her shoe and apply the Ambasol to the ball of hr foot through her hose.

Also, the hell of wearing heels is standing in them, not walking. Standing in one spot for 10 minutes or longer can cause what is called toe burn. I was taught by my gg friends many years ago how to move and shift my weight from foot to foot when wearing heels. This keeps the foot circulation going and reduces the problem of toe burn.

When out and about, watch the ladies who are wearing heels. Watch how they move their feet when they are standing. Learn to do this when in heels.

Jodi

Erica Lauren James
12-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Yes like it was said above, Your feet will get used to them. On Saturday I was on my feet (flat boots) for about 8 hours and my feet were just killing me.
As soon as I was done shopping I slipped on my 4" mid calf high heeled boots and my feet felt great so I slipped into some femme stuff and went for a walk.

After I have been wearing my heels for awhile and then have to go back to flat shoes it's such a :thumbsdn:

Kiera

kittypw GG
12-11-2006, 10:53 AM
I think that Nike has come out with line of high heels but they cost around two hunderd dollars or more. Oprah was given a pair of high heel boots to wear on her show. She did say they were comfy.

When ever I am going to an event where it would be required to stand a lot like a wedding/wedding dance. I try to lower the heel and never wear cheap ones. You get what you pay for as far as comfort goes. Kitty

Karren H
12-11-2006, 11:22 AM
I think that Nike has come out with line of high heels but they cost around two hunderd dollars or more. Oprah was given a pair of high heel boots to wear on her show. She did say they were comfy.

When ever I am going to an event where it would be required to stand a lot like a wedding/wedding dance. I try to lower the heel and never wear cheap ones. You get what you pay for as far as comfort goes. Kitty

$200!!!! Ekkkkkkkk. That's more then my mining boots!! Leather, and gortex, insulated, steel toed, meta tarsal......can stand in a muddy water hole underground for an entire shift!! And still stay warm and comphy!!

Ok so they aren't real sexy!!! Hehehe

Love Karren