PDA

View Full Version : discovered!? or not?! confused over close shave

Val Tan
01-16-2005, 05:44 PM
i went to bed in my silk nightie (see avatar). i was going to wake up early to go for a run, but about 5 minutes before my alarm was to go off, i sensed something and woke up. what i saw standing beside my bed was my dad. at first he just stood there, then he seemed to bend down to take a closer look at what the heck i was wearing.

later when i woke up, he didn't say anything. i wonder if he saw. throughout my run i was considering what i would say if he asked me about it. the good (?) thing is i actually found that admitting it was a better option than denying.

i really suspect he saw very clearly that i was wearing a nightie, but then again, it was dark... did he see? and if he did, why didn't he ask me about it? maybe that means he didn't see? but what was he doing in my room? and why did he bend down to seemingly take a closer look?

argh!!! confused!??!!

Tristen Cox
01-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Hmmm that would freak me out. Did he indicate anything out of the norm? I've had dreams like that but woke up paranoid only to find out I'd dreamy the whole thing. Really a scary thing to wonder about. Luck be with you.

*hugs*
Tristen

racquel
01-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Val I once had my dad see me dressed when he came down stairs very early one morning and I was still up from the night before.
Know what he said?
"You had better get to bed before your mother gets up".
There was never another mention of it.Dads can be 'funny' that way.
Hope everything goes well for you.keep us informed. :o

crispy
01-16-2005, 10:53 PM
seems feasible that if your Dad often comes into your room while you're sleeping then it may have happened. But if he doesn't ever come in normally (why would he do that?), I'd put it down to a dream and move on.

if nothing comes of it you'll just put it in the background and remember it as part of the wonderful excitement of CDing.

truth be known, I think most men have tried it (whatever our polls said) and would not be too surprised or shocked to see their son doing it.

if I were you, I'd just leave it as an unspoken secret.

take care Val, ............................ GREAT CARE ! ;)

Ava Mouse
01-17-2005, 01:40 AM
Seeing as you have your own clothing, there's really not much at stake here. Your parents may be concerned, but they'd be REALLY mad if you went through their stuff... (I was soo happy to have my own clothes. That alone reduced my CD guilt.)

If confronted be honest. Point out that there's a lot of worse things to get into, like drugs, gangs, etc. You're just curious and it's fun and exciting in a risky way...

Also, when you can afford it, get your own apartment. I wish I did. I stayed at home till I was married (age 26). Shoulda moved out and been more independent. Coulda dressed up more, too.

Once you have a full blown career, and maybe family, dress up time is rare. When you get older, passing is harder, too. Take some advice from a 35 year old CD'r with a wife, 2 kids and 12 hour work days. Go all out now, while you're still pretty and have time!

Don't be so scared. Gosh the things I was terrified of in the past... Nothing compares to the job and raising kids, taxes, etc.

So, relax. :)

crispy
01-17-2005, 02:23 AM
If confronted be honest. Point out that there's a lot of worse things to get into, like drugs, gangs, etc. You're just curious and it's fun and exciting in a risky way...

Once you have a full blown career, and maybe family, dress up time is rare. When you get older, passing is harder, too. Take some advice from a 35 year old CD'r with a wife, 2 kids and 12 hour work days. [B]Go all out now, while you're still pretty and have time

Ava, sweetheart, I wish somebody had given me that advice when I was 21.

............... but, there again, who knows where it would have led?

Val Tan
01-17-2005, 05:01 AM
Also, when you can afford it, get your own apartment. I wish I did. I stayed at home till I was married (age 26). Shoulda moved out and been more independent. Coulda dressed up more, too.

too bad that's impossible in singapore... the prices of property... ridiculous!!

but i am considering staying at my grandmother's place when i go for my uni studies.. she lives with a maid (or a domestic helper, to be politically correct), so dressing should be easier than at home. but still, i'd rather be able to go home everyday...

Sharon
01-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Val Tan,
I would suspect that dad just doesn't know how to broach the subject with you, at least if he's anything like many other fathers who have never been faced with something like this. Many fathers, especially those who don't have an especially intimate relationship with their children, choose to ignore a situation like this rather than confront it. You know the old saying: "See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil?" It describes men's attitudes (generally speaking) in awkward or embarrassing situations.
This is just one possibility of course.

Wendy me
01-17-2005, 10:37 PM
my dad never found out while i was at home but outher things came no real words were ever spoken..........short staments were enough....".not in my house".......
the only reply ......."understood".........dads can say a lot without saying anything
you will know if he knows..........................

Adriana
01-17-2005, 10:42 PM
The same kind of thing happened to me a few years back. I was on vacation when my mom accidentally found a few pair of pantyhose in my night stand. I knew she found them because when I got back I found them in the trash. To this day she has never said a word about it. I figure she knows that I CD, but her way of denying it was by throwing away my hose.

I would have to say that your father might of saw the nightie, but figured that it was best not to say anything due to the awkward situation. Also, though not sure, he might be doing what my mom did, deny it and try to forget what was seen.

Best Wishes,

Adriana

Maddie Knight
01-18-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm sure my mum knew for a long time but never said a thing. If my dad found out I would have been homeless. Have a home with my fiance now and can cd anytime.
Don't bring the subject up unless your dad does.
Ignorance is bliss.
Love
Maddie

DonnaT
01-18-2005, 07:35 PM
My mother caught me in one of her bras when I was a teenager. She told my dad. They asked me why that evening, but I ignored the question and they didn't persue it. Also, while away in the Army, my mom (I think?) found my stash and tossed it, but didn't say anything.

Point being, they didn't think any the less of me, because they loved me.

Val Tan
01-21-2005, 09:07 PM
I would have to say that your father might of saw the nightie, but figured that it was best not to say anything due to the awkward situation. Also, though not sure, he might be doing what my mom did, deny it and try to forget what was seen.

yeah i hope so...

Don't bring the subject up unless your dad does.

ooh yah... that's one piece of advice i can take :D

we have a saying in the army in singapore... "act blur (http://www.talkingcock.com/html/lexec.php?op=LexView&lexicon=lexicon&keyword=Act%20Blur&page=1), live longer"

Megan_Renee
01-21-2005, 09:21 PM
My mom once came accross my stash when I was like 14 or 15... She wondered if I was gay, and then she asked if I knew what would happen if my dad found out about the clothes that i had stashed...

needless to say, I was a lot more careful after that...

mom didn't seem to mind too much, r understand... or think that it was more than a passing thing...

Dad would have not been pleased...

Ya...

Megan
--,--`--@

nikky
01-26-2005, 06:46 PM
i am certain my mother has some idea of what i do. i am 24 and have been living here since birth...with the exception of college years...and i have been dressing since i was about 9. ive shaved my legs a lot and my toes are always painted obvious colors so i am sure they saw something a time or two. it would be nice to know so i could be open bout it.