PDA

View Full Version : the Habana

sherri
01-16-2005, 05:49 PM
For all you ladies in my area (and those who like to travel), I thought I'd make you aware of a fun getaway place.

The Habana Inn in Oklahoma City is a gay hotel, run by gays for gays, where CDs are more than welcome. I have spent a night there and hope to spend a whole weekend there before long.

The Habana is located in a small gay district with several clubs and eateries. The hotel has two swimming pools, a good restaurant, a gift shop, a piano bar and two gay clubs.

The Copa is a dance club with a gay and lesbian crowd, and male dancers and a few CDs the night I was there. The Finish Line is a country dance club, lots of gay cowboys (now that's a surreal sight). The piano bar (Lido) has drag shows on Saturday night. The restaurant (Gushers) serves until 3 am on weekends and a great breakfast buffet in the mornings. There are no cover charges at the clubs.

The hotel is nice but a little dated, the rooms not lavish but spacious and nice enough, with rates from $40 to $100. In some sections around the pools non-guest gays cruise the walkways at night, but if you don't care for that sort of thing you can ask for a room in the main building. (In fact, the desk clerk asked me if I wanted "cruisey" or "non-cruisey".

With a little preparation it's possible to spend the whole weekend without ever leaving the hotel. You can roam anywhere on the premises en femme and other clubs are within safe walking distance. I enjoyed taking a walk around the pools at midday and received a few wolf whistles. I especially enjoyed the piano bar and restaurant.

Needless to say, going there with a girlfriend would be such fun, so if you're interested ...

Bonnie-OR
01-16-2005, 09:42 PM
What a great sounding place. Too bad I'm so far away, I'd love to join you. I may be heading in that direction next fall, not sure yet. I'll get ahold of you if I do. Huggs, Bonnie

sherri
01-16-2005, 11:15 PM
Bonnie, it would be my pleasure to meet you. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Bonnie-OR
01-17-2005, 01:33 AM
I really hope I can make it. It would be a lot of fun, you are really one classy broad ;) I read a bit of your journal, what great insights you have on our little hobby, and life in general. Huggs, Bonnie

sherri
01-17-2005, 02:00 AM
Bonnie, you are too kind. Thank you so much for the compliments. You have no idea how much they mean to me. And thanks for visiting my blog. Please add your thoughts anytime. Here's to great friendship.

xoxo
Sherri

Vallari
01-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Sherri thank you for bringing this to our attention! I think I just found my destination for Spring Break this year. :)

Tonia
01-17-2005, 07:38 AM
For all you ladies in my area (and those who like to travel), I thought I'd make you aware of a fun getaway place.

The Habana Inn in Oklahoma City is a gay hotel, run by gays for gays, where CDs are more than welcome. I have spent a night there and hope to spend a whole weekend there before long.

The Habana is located in a small gay district with several clubs and eateries. The hotel has two swimming pools, a good restaurant, a gift shop, a piano bar and two gay clubs.

The Copa is a dance club with a gay and lesbian crowd, and male dancers and a few CDs the night I was there. The Finish Line is a country dance club, lots of gay cowboys (now that's a surreal sight). The piano bar (Lido) has drag shows on Saturday night. The restaurant (Gushers) serves until 3 am on weekends and a great breakfast buffet in the mornings. There are no cover charges at the clubs.

The hotel is nice but a little dated, the rooms not lavish but spacious and nice enough, with rates from $40 to $100. In some sections around the pools non-guest gays cruise the walkways at night, but if you don't care for that sort of thing you can ask for a room in the main building. (In fact, the desk clerk asked me if I wanted "cruisey" or "non-cruisey".

With a little preparation it's possible to spend the whole weekend without ever leaving the hotel. You can roam anywhere on the premises en femme and other clubs are within safe walking distance. I enjoyed taking a walk around the pools at midday and received a few wolf whistles. I especially enjoyed the piano bar and restaurant.

Needless to say, going there with a girlfriend would be such fun, so if you're interested ...
Ok Sherri,How far is this place from me Let's see about 900 mile's I would love to hang out for the week like this it would be fun.
Tonia:D

sherri
01-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Rachel — I think you'll have fun there. You better let me know when you're going!

Tonia — it is fun. Can you imagine being able to put on your nails for the whole weekend?!? And spend every minute, with the run of the whole place, en femme. I like to luxuriate in the simple things — like a long breakfast, skimming the paper and watching people, while dressed. It would be twice as nice with a friend. I'm going to get really tan for my next trip so I can go down for breakfast in a casual mini without stockings on. I will dress for the drive there (3 hours) too.

sherri
01-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Ok Sherri,How far is this place from me Let's see about 900 mile's I would love to hang out for the week like this it would be fun.
Tonia:D
Tonia, I meant to say there are bound to be other places like the Habana. Of course I want you to come play with me in OKC.

BTW, your pics are cute. You are a doll.

Trinity_cat
01-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Sherri, that sounds an absolutely fabulous place

Just nipping out to the airport for my tickets. (I wish)

sherri
01-17-2005, 01:05 PM
Trinity, the pleasure of meeting you there would take my breath away. You have such a captivatingly pretty face, I would have to kiss you or die. Love those pink shoes.