PDA

View Full Version : Women and the restroom

Leslie16
12-11-2006, 02:55 PM
On my recent Seattle trip, I spent quite a bit of time enfemme (see earlier post). One thing I got to experience was female etiquette in the restroom. Yes, I used the women's rooms frequently -- mostly in mixed straight-gay-tg places, and in one mostly staight Irish bar. No one was fooled by me, they knew I was CD, but the reaction from the GG's was overwhelmingly positive. Sometimes I got a double take, but that was almost always followed by a smile.

The experience was fascinating. In a men's room, no one talks -- men just do their business and get out, nervously. But the women's rooms I found were a very social place. Girls talked -- to me as well as others -- discussed their outfits, complimented each other, whatever. The stall doors in one restroom were broken -- but instead of being horrified -- the girls actually co-operated, with one holding the stall door closed, while the other did her business. Would never happen in a men's room.

At one (staight) bar, I went into the ladies room, and found that the two GGs I came to the bar with were already there. We chatted a little, and then I went into a stall. I had some trouble getting my tights and panties back on (MUCH more difficult to pee as a lady than a guy!), so it took me some time. But then I heard one of my GG friends say "LESLIE! Are you finished yet?!" Although they were done, they were there waiting for me in the restroom. I was part of the restroom group, and we all left together.

A fascinating look at life from the female perspective. And one that males rarely get to enjoy!

JoAnnDallas
12-11-2006, 03:11 PM
I had a similar experience at HEF2006. The hotel had reserved a couple of the ladies rooms just for us. I was in one of them and when I was finished, I was standing at the mirror checking my makeup with I heard a torlet flush and one of the wifes walked up beside me and started looking at her makeup. She commented on how nice my dress was, says "Hi, my name is Susan, I am XXXX's wife", I said "Nice to meet you, I am JoAnn", and then she looked down at my feet and said "OMG, where did you get those heels". Well we talked about where I got them and etc and then another wife walkes in to use the restroom and over hears us. She looks at my heels and says she loves them too, but she really has to go and do it. The other wife and I kinda giggle as that wife goes into a stall. Susan and I walk out still talking about my heels. I really felt great that these two GG's were treating me as one of their own.

Sierra Evon
12-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Hiya, Leslie, I'm a Seattle girl , glad you had a good trip, I know what ya mean about guy's just doing there thang and leaving , I live as a girl 24/7, and that means peeing like one too , although I dont go into alot of womens public restrooms, mostly just the single bathroom types that say M/F, but i would and could if I really had to go bad cause the mens room I'm sure someone would say something , so I would just have no choice but to use the womens restroom, but still alittle bit fearful of it especially in certain areas, like at malls, or movie theatres.......

michelleceedee
12-11-2006, 08:13 PM
This was a major dilema for me when I first went out in public 5 years ago. Under Washington law, a woman can use a men's room, but a man may NOT use a ladie's room. Yeh, try that one: Just go into a mens room en femme and you'll leave missing clothes and teeth! So I really had no choice. What I found surprisingly was that women were very cool about it and in fact were very friendly. Being a writer, and always curious about people I finally asked a few why I was not getting any flack from them.
The answer was so obvious, I felt like a dummy. "Dressed as a women, we know you are not a threat and in fact are more vulnerable then we are so why hassle you?" That seems to carry over in stores too as I have never been treated badly when dressed as a femme but have had a few salesgirls make a comment or two if they thought I was hanging out in the womens wear dept. a bit too long when in drab. It all makes sense to me now. Michelle