PDA

View Full Version : Unneeded paranoia for some people

Jodi
12-11-2006, 08:44 PM
I see often about the fear that some of the girls have on what people might think about them. Today, my doorbell rang. When I answered it was my neighbor's wife. She had come over to give me a Fredericks of Hollywood catalog that was addressed to me that had been wrongly placed in their mail. I just smiled and said thanks. We then changed to discussing another topic. Nothing was said or implied about the catalog. To my knowledge, my neighbors don't know anything about Jodi.

My point is girls--don't worry about something like this. Fear is in your own mind.

Jodi

Sharon_Rose
12-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Echo that with potentially one exception...other women seem to be much more receptive than do guys and parents. :love: :love:

marie354
12-11-2006, 09:01 PM
I usually get the mail, either from our porch mail box or down the street at the post office where both myself and my GG SO have PO boxes. I get nervous just carring the clothing catalogs that she orders. Oh well.

Cathy_NJ
12-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Sharon.... AMEN to that, girl! Other women are by far more accepting than are men. I guess they have nothing to fear from us, whereas men worry that we're going to steal their macho-hetro image

finacarina
12-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Well what I have found to be true is that people are so busy with their day to day lives and caught up in themselves that they dont have time to dwell on the fact that I am a guy dressed as a girl- if they even notice at all- most dont!!

kathy gg
12-11-2006, 10:05 PM
I think the first thought that might cross a woman's mind would be "okay, well this is the poor man's equalivalent to Playboy". Seriously I think most straight men covet the new VS and Fredicks catalog more so because of the scantily clad sexy females...I think the LAST thought on most women's mind is "oh, I know he is going to order clothes from this thing!".

Most women dont' even know crossdresssers exsist...

anyway thanks for sharing this story and I hope people realize that the *implied assocation* is 99% of the time only in their minds.

sara_also
12-12-2006, 05:50 AM
Your so right Kathy..the only thing that most people know about our world is what they see and hear on the talk shows. Our minds get in our way more than anything else.

Diana West
12-12-2006, 01:49 PM
But sometimes it is a healthy fear.
It makes us a little more cautious.

JoAnnDallas
12-12-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't worry about catalogs. They all come to the house and wife gets mail from box, sorts it out including the catalogs. When I get home, I have a stack of mail and catalogs sitting there at the kitchen table waiting for me.

janedoe311
12-12-2006, 02:05 PM
We do not get delivery at home. We have to have PO boxes. Just UPS and FedX at home.

Saves that sort of problem.

Not to mention getting mail stolen from mail boxes.

PS we all get on mailing lists, I got a "Little Girl" catalog sent to a distorted fem spelling of my name, (my real first name has no fem name). I have two little girls so it was for them. How my "name" got on it I do not know.

Jennaie
12-12-2006, 02:29 PM
Yes, until she gets a copy of Suddenly Fem, a catalog of women's clothing designed for men which includes breast forms, v-strings, gaffs, etc...

I am quite sure that I did not check the (add me to you mail list) when I ordered from them, but they have since sent me two catalogs in the past 6 months.

SherriePall
12-12-2006, 04:37 PM
My mailman gets an eyeful with notices from places like Dress Barn and that addressed to me. And we"re buddies.

Kate Simmons
12-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I get all of the above mentioned catalogs plus makeup catalogs from Yves Roucher in both names, Richard and Ericka (Ms Richard really, well, a guy doesn't buy makeup, right?). Add to that my old name Victoria and you got one confused mailman there. Nothing suspicious there, I guess. They don't ask, I don't tell. Lotta people at this place. You should see the food bill.:heehee: Ericka Kay