PDA

View Full Version : Love

DonnaT
01-17-2005, 12:07 AM
A thought for TGs and SOs when trying to come to grips with our needs and our relationships:

1 Corinthians

13:4 Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up.

13:5 It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful.

13:6 It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth.

13:7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

13:8 Love never ends.

Just a thought not a sermon.

Bernadina
01-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Good words.

Somehow unconditional love is unconditional, except for, I don't like the way you .... and I want you to change ... etc.

A relationship works well when both partners love and support each other as they are, not as they would like them to be. At least that's what I hope my wife and I are doing.

Tristen Cox
01-17-2005, 08:05 AM
Donna and Bernadina I'll second you both. Those are good words to live by :)

Love
Tristen

Georgette
01-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Love means never having to say you are sorry but being big enough to say it when it nas to be said.
I have another thing on a sucessful relationship is to make you SO your best friend, Friends may disagree but always remain best friends. :)

LauraB
01-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Donna and Bernadina I'll second you both. Those are good words to live by :)

Love
Tristen

Yes Mummy let me second your words

Donna and Bernadina lovely thoughts now let us all try to live by them

Love
Laura
XXXXXXXXXXXX

irish7
01-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Some words that have been VERY helpful to me.....

The 4 Essential Ingredients of a Loving Relationship
by Mohandus K. Gahdhi
( While a loving relationship has many different essentials, if it does not have these, it is not loving.)

Resepct
Acceptance
Attention
Appreciation

sherri
01-17-2005, 08:46 PM
My kids are two people who can always count on hearing the truth from me, at least to the extent that I know what the truth is. Unfortunately, I cannot honestly say to them that they can look forward to entering into a serious relationship with the confidence that it will last. We live in difficult, selfish, fickle times, and we have the divorce rate to prove it.

But I do know one thing — the scripture Donna quotes charts the way to living without regrets.

To quote a line from Tuesdays With Morrie, "Forgive everybody everything, right now."

Holly
01-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Donna,

Thanks for the words and the reminder. Alot of people take this particular scripture out of context and try to apply it to a husband/wife relationship only. The Bible talks about more kinds of love that just the romantic type. G d's love covers ALL of us.