PDA

View Full Version : "All My Children"

terrigurl
12-12-2006, 01:30 AM
The current story line on the soap opera "All My Children" has a transgendered character. He/she is a possible suspect in at least two murders. Why must they always make these characters somewhat shady? The soap opera "General Hospital" had a transvestite character who was a hitman/hitlady a few years ago. Again, a negative image.

Terri

Brianne_bc
12-12-2006, 01:37 AM
If youve seen the movie The worlds fastest Indian based on a true story the TG person in that movie is cast in a very posative light I thought...

crossing-the-rain
12-12-2006, 01:40 AM
They never treated us as a normal human beings,we are always a group of creature from the space or some where else.
Rain.

carla38
12-12-2006, 01:41 AM
The way that society views us is that we are perverts and that we must have something wrong with our minds, a chemical imbalance or something. They view us as potentially dangerous. Kind of like the average Catholic priest is viewed nowadays. I am sure that if my wife and I were to go through a nasty divorce and the CD'ing were brought up in court, that it would be used against me and that I would lose the relationship with my kids that I hold most dear. If you are familiar with the Robin Williams movie "Mrs. Doubtfire", that is exactly what happened. The courts would only let him see his kids under supervision. Thank God that Sally Field came to her senses and destroyed the court papers at the end. The views that society holds are what makes what we do so scary and it is what keeps many of us in the closet.