PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying movies has changed

Maggie Kay
12-12-2006, 10:45 AM
My CD/TG issues have now messed up my ability to enjoy movies. I watch these beautiful leading ladies, envy their clothes and looks, and then they get involved with a handsome guy. I'm lost "in the movie" relating to the female lead until she goes for the guy and then suddenly I'm not "in the movie" anymore. It is like I hear the sound of the needle skidding along the record. At this point, I'm in the "Gee, you sure are messed up" zone. :rolleyes: As a result, I consciously keep myself disconnected from the movie which takes away a lot of the reason to watch. Anyone else have these kind of thoughts?

Kay

Casey Morgan
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure I've snapped out of a movie like that. I have no desire to kiss George Clooney so I relate to her feelings at that point. Falling for somebody, enjoying the way they make me feel, being their "one", all those warm and lovely feelings. You just kind of ignore the fact that it's a man making her feel that way and you imagine it's a woman making you feel all those things. Then too if you imagine that you're the man who's making her feel that way, it just adds to it.

Calliope
12-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Sorta, but different. Like, I just love Mary Poppins.

Her white dress in the animated sequence, if I say God I so love that dress one more time, my 7-year-old daughter will absolutely bean me.

Now, if she got all kissy-kissy with Bert, well, I'd probably see your point of view.

Try Myra Breckinridge on sometime.

Diana West
12-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Watch cartoons.

But seriously, maybe it's the movie and not you. There are some movies that can suck you in and then suddenly you're like 'what am I doing?'
For instance, during "The Posiden Adventure" people in the audience were holding their breath when the characters swam under water. Then they realized what they were doing would look around to see if anyone noticed what they were doing.

Karren H
12-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Not really.....I've always watched the females in movies and admired their clothing but I never stopped me from enjoying the movie... Actually it kind of enhanced the movies.....so boreing movies with no plot but lots of prettily clad women would be more enjoyable.... Form a whole new perspective...

Sounds like you obsessing a bit and need to refocus on the overall picture....or movie... Hehehe

Love Karren

Jennaie
12-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Interesting, I find myself relating to both the male and female. I look at her thinking OMG, she is so beautiful I could softly kiss every inch of her body, then I hear her say something like, (I forgot how warm you were )to her leading man and suddenly I am feeling what she is feeling.

It's all so confusing. Hmmm, maybe that's why I cry so much at movies.

Dee Model
12-12-2006, 05:17 PM
My CD/TG issues have now messed up my ability to enjoy movies. I watch these beautiful leading ladies, envy their clothes and looks, and then they get involved with a handsome guy. I'm lost "in the movie" relating to the female lead until she goes for the guy and then suddenly I'm not "in the movie" anymore. It is like I hear the sound of the needle skidding along the record. At this point, I'm in the "Gee, you sure are messed up" zone. :rolleyes: As a result, I consciously keep myself disconnected from the movie which takes away a lot of the reason to watch. Anyone else have these kind of thoughts?

Kay

Try not to take yourself too seriously babe, life's too short.

Try watching Priscilla Queen of the Desert or The Rocky Horror Picture Show while glammed up to the max...so much fun!

Kate Simmons
12-12-2006, 05:48 PM
The heck with that "mushy" stuff. I like rock 'em sock 'em action adventure movies, especially when the lead character is an empowered woman. Then she gets to pick and choose which guy she wants (if she's not busy shooting that is).Ericka

Maggie Kay
12-12-2006, 05:54 PM
Interesting post about Rocky Horror. Initially, when it came out, I was shocked and "horrified" about the content and refused to see it. The same thing happened about "The Birdcage" . Now, these movies are in my DVD collection.... but it took many years for this "branch to bend". I also liked Kinky Boots and Kissing Jessica Stein a lot and didn't wait to see them. So you are all correct, I do have to lighten up and a lot!

Do you hear that "Creaking Door" sound, it is the sound of my heretofore mind opening up. Watch out for cobwebs and bats flying out!

Kay

SatinSarah
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I am with those who are confused. When I see a sexy woman and a sexy dress in a film half of me wants to be with the woman and the othr half wants to try on the dress. At the moment we have TV show strictly come dancing on the BBC. I hate dancing but I sit there watching the great dresses and want to be the female dancer. I really enjoy this as I know my wife knows I am enjoying watching the dresses too and goves me that knowing glance. I love it when she does that during any film or tv programme. When she sees a dress whe knows I will enjoy (pop videos etc) she knows I will want to dress that night. So its something to look forward to.

Sarah

CaptLex
12-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I am with those who are confused. When I see a sexy woman and a sexy dress in a film half of me wants to be with the woman and the othr half wants to try on the dress.
I can relate to that . . . in the new James Bond movie, I wanted to get a tux like his and I also wanted to knock out the Bond girl and keep him all to myself. :D I guess I wanted him and the wardrobe (and the car).

Ericka, I love those kinds of movies too. :thumbsup:

Sally24
12-12-2006, 08:16 PM
I can relate some to this thread. I find that most times now, I only relate or emphathize with the female lead in a movie. It's not just the clothes but the whole character herself that attracts me. I'm not put-off by any romantic involvement either. That's a natural outgrowth of being a woman.

Sally

Kimkandy
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
My CD/TG issues have now messed up my ability to enjoy movies. I watch these beautiful leading ladies, envy their clothes and looks, and then they get involved with a handsome guy. I'm lost "in the movie" relating to the female lead until she goes for the guy and then suddenly I'm not "in the movie" anymore.

Sounds like you're watchin too many :gorgeous: Chick Flicks try an action movie like :devil: "The Devil Wears Prada"

Kim

:dom: :wasntme: :Playnice:

trannie T
12-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Forget about the romantic comedies, check out movies where they blow up a lot of stuff.

RandiCD78209
12-12-2006, 11:28 PM
The couple of times I've ventured out slightly dressed (bra/panties/garters/hose under male clothes, but wearing mascara & blush) was to a movie (dark & I can relax in public). I select the 'girl flicks'. I really do see them with from a new (and enlightening) perspective. I watch the female stars closely - their clothes, movement, make-up, speech, etc. I am so more sensitive about these issues - now I realize I was only seeing "half" the movie. However, I haven't fallen for the male hero so I guess I'm still a guy at heart:confused:. BTW - I dressed this way when I went to see "Broke Back Mountain" - go figure!

Kimkandy
12-13-2006, 12:05 AM
However, I haven't fallen for the male hero so I guess I'm still a guy at heart:confused:. BTW - I dressed this way when I went to see "Broke Back Mountain" - go figure!

And you still didn't fall for the male leads... I couldn't figure if they wanted have :umbrella: sex why pick a small tent on a mountain in a :titanic: blizzard...

Kim

:dom: :violin: :violin: :violin:

CaptLex
12-13-2006, 11:15 AM
However, I haven't fallen for the male hero so I guess I'm still a guy at heart :confused:
Hey . . I resent that remark. You mean you're still a straight guy. I'm still a guy at heart - even if I'm not straight.

BTW Kim, Jake or Heath in a small tent in a blizzard sounds perfect to me. :thumbsup:

Kate Simmons
12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Hey, I could fall for the guy leads(and usually do). I don't see any point in getting all femmed up if I don't "act" the role. Okay, so I'm an enigma, what else is new? I'd be lying through my bra if I said I don't eat up the attention when a cute guy talks to me. I got a sneakin' suspicion other "gals" do too. Just a suspicion, mind you but I know what I've seen, especially with the unconscious preening.:happy: Ericka Kay