PDA

View Full Version : How do GGs do it?

Stephanie Kay
12-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi, girls,

I need help! How do you go to the bathroom when you are wearing a fancy ball gown? Do you take it off or do you just try your best to gather it up before you sit down? Doesn't it get all wrinkled? Same with a wedding gown? How do you GG's do it? This inquiring mind needs to know!

Love,
Stephanie

Kate Simmons
12-12-2006, 05:40 PM
That's a "secret" only GG's know Steph. One of those great "mysteries" of being a woman. I'm interested to see what they say as well.:happy: Ericka Kay

Calliope
12-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Speaking from what I've heard (been married twice, etc.), women often choose to 'hold it' when wearing these rococo outfits at parties and shows. Definitely a difference between guys and dolls, there.

Kate Simmons
12-12-2006, 05:43 PM
Hold it, DT? That's a"loaded" question. Okay, I'll behave and keep my place now.:sad: Ericka

ggconfused
12-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Thigh-highs (no full-length hosiery), a VERY close friend and a fabulous sense of humor!!!

Stephanie Kay
12-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Harumpf, I'm really serious! When ya gotta go, ya gotta go!!:D

Stephanie

Erica Lauren James
12-12-2006, 06:29 PM
DT is right

When I have full-length hosiery on I hold as long as I can sometimes 3-4 longer than I would in guy mode. Less amount of times you lower and then raise your nylons less chance of runs.:happy:

Kiera

EricaCD
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
Answer: A lot of time, several high quality hangers, and two ladies-in-waiting to undress, re-attire and otherwise attend the woman in question...

TxKimberly
12-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Answer: A lot of time, several high quality hangers, and two ladies-in-waiting to undress, re-attire and otherwise attend the woman in question...
I knew I forgot something! Where ARE my ladies in waiting? I know I had them here somewhere!

Kim

Kate Simmons
12-12-2006, 07:12 PM
I knew I forgot something! Where ARE my ladies in waiting? I know I had them here somewhere!

KimI think they went the way of the pumpkin at midnight Kim.:heehee: Ericka Kay

Bluebird GG
12-12-2006, 07:42 PM
with me gathering up is a must.:D

kathy gg
12-12-2006, 09:00 PM
"Quickly! Gather my minoins! I have to pee!"

I have only worn one stupid horrible mistake of a dress that made going to the loo complicated! I was a Jr. in high school and it was prom and let's just say it had Southern Belle hoops and I had to enlist a girl friend! After that no more orange fizzies the rest of the night!!!!!!!! And no more stupid dresses that required a team to help me!

Now corsets....that is a completely different subject!

janet p
12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Now you know why when one Woman goes 20 others go with her:devil: :love:

Cathy_NJ
12-12-2006, 10:05 PM

Kim

You must have left them in your other purse!

Kate Simmons
12-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Now you know why when one Woman goes 20 others go with her:devil: :love:Wow and I always thought they did that to go in there to talk about their dates. Dummy me.:rolleyes: Ericka Kay

Robin Leigh
12-13-2006, 07:44 AM
One of the mysteries of life. Sometimes GGs seem like they need to go every 15 minutes, yet other times they can hold their bladders all night. Curious. :)

In some outfits, girls need to virtually undress to use the bathroom. What else can you do if you're wearing a leotard or bodysuit?

If I'm in a complicated skirt or dress, I'll take it off. One accident taught me my lesson. :o

Robin

Carol A
12-13-2006, 08:10 AM
Well all I can say is my wife just gets a huge laugh out of watching me try to gather it all up to sit and do business, :heehee:

AngGG
12-13-2006, 09:01 AM
Kathy and GG are correct. When you are in a big gown...say a wedding gown, which is worn 10 hours or so... eventually you HAVE to go. Hopefully you have someone around that you are comfortable enough with to ask for help. (If its a wedding gown thank god you have your maid of honor!) The alternative is a horrible, embarrassing mess!

Angela

Kerry Owens
12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
First I would definitely go without any liquids, it's hard, and you get thirsty but it's easier to skip the problem that will invariably happen down the road so to speak.
I used to attend Rennaisance Faire/SCA courts and events, with 2 children it was just easier to very carefully avoid liquids. There was rarely time that ladies even in full court Tudor dresses could afford the awkwardness of those times for the ladies room.

Sandra
12-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Only worn one dress like that wedding dress, and just gathered it up and hoped I hadn't sat on any of it. :)

JoAnnDallas
12-13-2006, 12:18 PM
I have been to a lot of weddings and have been told that the bride does not even get into her wedding dress until just before she walks down the ailse. One of the reasons the groom is not allow to see the bride before the wedding as she is sitting in her dressing room with her bride maids in her undies. LOL No sense in taking the chance of soiling a hundreds or thousands of dollar wedding dress.

MsJanessa
12-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Speaking from what I've heard (been married twice, etc.), women often choose to 'hold it' when wearing these rococo outfits at parties and shows. Definitely a difference between guys and dolls, there.

with which hand?

AngGG
12-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I have been to a lot of weddings and have been told that the bride does not even get into her wedding dress until just before she walks down the ailse. One of the reasons the groom is not allow to see the bride before the wedding as she is sitting in her dressing room with her bride maids in her undies. LOL No sense in taking the chance of soiling a hundreds or thousands of dollar wedding dress.

Not true for the most part. See about 2 hours before you get to the church the photographer comes to where you are getting ready and starts snaping pictures. Pics of you getting ready, pics with mothers, bridesmaids, flowergirls, ect. then you bundle into limo's and get to the church, this lasts anywhere from 30 min to 1 hour, then off to the catering hall for more pics of the whole bridal party, moms, dads ect, Of course this is while the cocktail hour is going on(rarely does the bride and groom get to the cocktail hour), the the 4 hour dinner reception, lots of dancing ect... For me on my wedding day I started at 6 am got into my dress by 11-11:30, at the church by 1 pm, didn't get out of the dress till the honeymoon "offically" started:D around 7 that night when we got to the hotel...hmmmm8 hours without going once?...only if I had a second bladder!:eek:

Angela

Disclaimer/Warning: This is a typical NY wedding and should not be attempted out of the NY Metro/LI area:heehee:

Sierra Evon
12-13-2006, 05:22 PM
GG's and there secrets !!!!!, I'm just finding out by trial & error !!!!!
but when in doubt ask a GG, why not!!!!!:happy:

Kate Simmons
12-13-2006, 05:26 PM
GG's and there secrets !!!!!, I'm just finding out by trial & error !!!!!
but when in doubt ask a GG, why not!!!!!:happy:They can't tell us Sierra. Part of the "code" you know.:happy: Ericka Kay

AngGG
12-13-2006, 05:44 PM
They can't tell us Sierra. Part of the "code" you know.:happy: Ericka Kay

Damit we've been fount out!:p