PDA

View Full Version : no longer a Junior

DeniseNJ
12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
I finally did it , no longer am I a Junior member but right above my avatar it says I am a MEMBER. This site is the best. WOW have I opened up alot lately. I have been letting my nails grow out , well tonight I polished them a nice solid color. It is great seeing how feminine your nails look polished when they extend past your finger even for just a bit. I have brittle nails so I know I will have to do something. but for not they look good. I just hope people don't notice that much. I will be taking the color off tonight, Dam JOB, how I wish I could keep it on , I feel good. Thanks all for the kinship that you all give.:hugs: Denise

ColleenCD
12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Denise,

Congratulations on the courageous upgrade. Membership has it's priviledges!

Colleen

Phyliss
12-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Honey, I am so glad you're feeling on cloud nine. I can very well remember when I saw that I had become a "MEMBER" the inner thrill I felt was a wonderful feeling.

As for your nails....use Sally Hansen "hard as nails" clear. Nobody will notice. If they do, tell them your nails are brittle and you're doing something about it. I've been wearing the clear gloss since last spring and haven't had a single comment from anybody.

marie354
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
I know how you feel. I painted mine today... clear base coat, Two coats of L'Oreal Voltave Perle (#510), and a clear top coat. Spent an hour at it 'cause each coat had to dry before the next one. Only to have to take it off at some point. NOT YET! NOT YET!

Cathy_NJ
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Denise, I aspire to gain that status! maybe someday. I have been lucky enough to allow my nails to remain polished for almost a week! It's great! Mayne you could wear a matte clear polish at other times? Congrats on their length , and your elevated status!

Shannon CD
12-12-2006, 08:45 PM
Way to go, Denise.

Charleen
12-12-2006, 09:07 PM
I remember when I got "member', and it was thrilling! As to the nails, Phyliss is right. Sally Hanson works for me. If your nails are real bad, try the triple strength. I've had mine long and polished for months and the only thing that has been said was by a 10 year old who asked if I did my nails. I said yeah, and that was the end. Love and xxxx, Lily