PDA

View Full Version : Something I've wondered about CDing

Theresa(TGirl)
12-12-2006, 11:29 PM
Do any of y'all use crossdressing (even in the closet) as a way of escaping from reality, or even dealing with stressful situations, much like people sometimes do with cigarettes/alcohol/drugs?

Bethanygirl
12-12-2006, 11:33 PM
The only stressfull situation I've avoided by dressing all my life, is having to live as a MAN! :eek:

Aprilrain
12-12-2006, 11:36 PM
I've never thought about it in that way but if you call bordom "stress" than yes. I've dressed many times out of bordom.

carla38
12-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Yes Terri, most definitely. If all is going well in my life, I really don't think about crossdressing much. When things are not going so well, I find that I gain peace and comfort from wearing pantyhose or tights. I think that I started dressing when I was @ 10 years oild. Both my grandma and my great aunt died within a short period of time. I was very close to both of them. I started wearing some of my Mom's pantyhose and derived solace from them. It has been so with me ever since.

jo_ann
12-13-2006, 12:06 AM
this is a pretty common. doesnt happen often with me, but there are times I am so stressed out from tasks at home, projects falling behind at work, and I just have to have a release.. so I dress up, and fantasize "I am not the worrying husband, I am jo_ann the housewife... with no worries or cares to the world"

it's probably very similiar to what some housewives do when they take a bubble bath.

Charleen
12-13-2006, 12:15 AM
I guess I'm the opposite. I just went through a bad bout of depression, and I reverted to mostly drab. Now that I'm coming out of it, I'm more Lily again. Love and xxxx, Lily

Adrienne Heels
12-13-2006, 12:23 AM
I feel stressed if I don't dress!

Kimkandy
12-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Do any of y'all use crossdressing (even in the closet) as a way of escaping from reality, or even dealing with stressful situations, much like people sometimes do with cigarettes/alcohol/drugs?

Yes, but my closet is rather large, full of furs at the back and opens out into a snow covered forrest with a street lamp...

Kim

:dom: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Kate Simmons
12-13-2006, 12:59 AM
Not really Theresa, This is how I found "reality". It put me in touch with the real person I am inside.:happy: Ericka Kay

Peggy55
12-13-2006, 01:14 AM
Yes as a matter of fact I read an article that said that for some individuals, like me, the desire to crossdress does not manifest itself until there has been a series of tramatic events in ones life. The person will then tend to "flee" to the female, nurturing side of their personality.

Peggy

Peggy55
12-13-2006, 01:17 AM
BTW I want KimKandy's closet! LOL

Peggy

stacylynn1
12-13-2006, 03:52 AM
that make a lot of sence peggy55

Joy Carter
12-13-2006, 06:10 AM
Sexual stress maybe if there is such a thing when I was young. But not now. Now it's just me being me.

Eugenie
12-13-2006, 06:16 AM
No, my x-dressing is not an escape from reality. It is just a way for me to approach my "femme" reality.

:hugs:
Eugenie

dods460
12-13-2006, 07:37 AM
I feel stressed if I don't dress!
Well said, I think it may be relative you feel stressed from going to long not dressing and with added none dressing stress then you may feel like you're dependant on dressing like drugs it may help to release the none dressing stress and it feels like a high because I've found stress is a bit of a low, Wow that was a mouthful, lol. Anyway I think that once I start going out dressed and wearing whatever I want, the stress won't be so obvious.
Just my two cents

Amy Hepker
12-13-2006, 07:40 AM
Oh Yea,
The more I get depressed the more I want to dress. I wouldn't call it an addiction as persay, but an exscape like you said. It helps me think about what needs to be done and I feel better about myself.

MarinaTwelve200
12-13-2006, 08:07 AM

Indeed so, Absolutley. Afte years of educated self anaylisis, I discovered that THIS is the primary reason I CD. Its a way to "take a vacation from myself" by becomming "another person". All my personal concerns and stresses (even those associated with being a male) drop away when I CD. it is the ultimate "recharge" and relaxation--if only for a few hours.

And it IS like a drug. every couple weeks I need a "Marina Fix"(CD session) and after that I'm good to go for another period of time as my true, male self again. Of course their ar social and sexual turn on issues that complicate the simplicity of my situation, but these are the normal things that confuse a lot of us CDers and tend to mask the real reasons we CD, so that we need to work our way thru them to get at the real "core" of why we do what we do.

Those CDers like ME, as described above I call "ESCAPIST CDs" as we CD to "escape" the mundane and/or OURSELVES. WE see ourselves as "really" male, and need to get away from that every now and then.

FEM SIDE CD's on the other hand, see themselves as really "Female" on the inside and CD to become "the real me". There are also fetish CDers and those who CD to get high off the thrill of doing something "taboo"(Like some folks get high risking their lives)

So there are MANY kinds of CDs not just one or two, what is another source of CD confusion when a person is unaware of the other types He may be and wonders why he dosent fit in any of the only categories he does know about.

I dont agree with the statement that "there are as many kinds of CD as there are Cders" There are likely only about 10-12 types max (IMHO), but its a good idea to be familiar with ALL those different types, for both one's own personal comfort and understanding, and for the mutual respect of other types in the CD community

Angie G
12-13-2006, 08:38 AM
Dressing gives me therelaxation I need from life when I dress I'm Angie free of the everyday BS :hugs:
Angie

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-13-2006, 09:33 AM
I find it stressful not to dress. Boy clothes creep me out.

vbcdgrl
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
Like Lily, when I went through depression a few years back, I had no interest in CDing at all. In fact, I purged all my stuff. A major symptom of depression is you loose interest in things that give you pleasure. Sure was true in my case.
I would say that, for me, CDing is not an escape from reality. I don't believe in trying to escape, 'cause when you come back, you still have to face the world. CDing is part of my reality, and I'm happy with that.

Vikki

JoAnnDallas
12-13-2006, 12:26 PM
I have been in some verys stessful siturations and never had the urge to dress because of it. I just enjoy dressing as a girl and going out as a girl. Like right now, I am no way stressful and I'm wearing panties, pantyhose, bra, and cami under my male clothing.

Peggy55
12-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Amy,

The trouble with me is when I dress (which has been quite a bit lately) I can't get anything else done that I NEED to do!

peggy

Oh Yea,
The more I get depressed the more I want to dress. I wouldn't call it an addiction as persay, but an exscape like you said. It helps me think about what needs to be done and I feel better about myself.

Hanna
12-13-2006, 01:00 PM
I find I have used my CD'ing to relieve stress it is nice to step out of my regular world and leave my worries, problems & stress behind for a while.

Huggs

Hanna

Katrina CD
12-13-2006, 01:32 PM
I tend to feel the need to dress more when I am stressed. It helps me to relax and escape from the everyday nonsense. After I am done, or even while doing it, I can more easily focus on the task at hand. I've been feeling the need more lately because of extra stress from work & the Holidays. And I've been giving in more because I want to. I feel I've come to a point where I want to experince more. But more on that later.

Later,
Katrina.

brandycd
12-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Its really a pleasure of mine. I suppose it used to be a guilty pleasure, but its almost a hobby...trying to be the hottest, sexiest amazon bombshell of a broad I can be.

Ranee Daze
12-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Yes Terri, most definitely. If all is going well in my life, I really don't think about crossdressing much. When things are not going so well, I find that I gain peace and comfort from wearing pantyhose or tights. I think that I started dressing when I was @ 10 years oild. Both my grandma and my great aunt died within a short period of time. I was very close to both of them. I started wearing some of my Mom's pantyhose and derived solace from them. It has been so with me ever since.

Stress definitely brings it on. I have to be vigilant not to succumb on a whim because ideally I like to plan my outings well and well in advance for maximum fun and for maximum safety as well as to insure freedom from discovery. My life is really stressful right now...hang on tight!

marie354
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Stressed or depressed, Sam comes out, so I try to avoid it.