PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only Oldie?

Toni
01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
This is the first time I have ever told anyone (Other than my wife) that I wear womens clothes and now I am telling the whole world! The fact that I am nearly 63 should tell anyone who is interested that things have not been as easy as it is today for CD's. I am amazed by how lovely some of you are, Tristan, Ariel, Fauve, Catrina to name but a few. I was pretty nice myself lots and lots of years ago, but now I'm just fat and ugly - never mind I can now look at all you lovely dames and comfort myself with the thought if only I had been born 30 years later. Anyway are there any girls out there about my age or am I just an old biddy by myself. If there is anyone I would love to hear from you. I've just found an oldie - Georgette wish I could look as good.

ChristineRenee
01-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Hi Toni and welcome to the forum. We're happy to have another voice of experience on site with us. We have quite a diverse group of ladies here and I know you are gonna just fit right in.

So kick back, relax, and be sure to have some fun while you're here.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

Sandra H
01-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi Toni.

Welcome to the forum you will find that we are a great friendly bunch of girls here. You are not the only mature lady here; I am only 10 years behind you. I agree that it is far easer today than say 20 years ago to be a cross dresser with the Internet etc. I would be interested in chatting with you via private message or email.

I find that as I grow older it is easer to dress and go out because since I dress in what I would say is smart and my age (not fuddy duddy) but like a smart middle-aged lady. So now when I go out dressed I find that I have the life experience to cope with the worry of going out dressed, but also the young men take no notice of me while the older are past looking. So I get no problems. It is also easer to shop as most of the assistants are young women and they think “he can not be buying it for himself because people of his age are way past any type of sex”. Little do they know eh?

So once again, welcome to the forum and drop me a line if you want to.

Take care.

DonnaT
01-17-2005, 02:17 PM
There are a few on her older than you Toni. Couple of 77 year olds at least.

Welcome to the Forum.

elizabethb1
01-17-2005, 02:29 PM
I'm 60 years old and I've dressing for over 50 years on and off. I wish my wife would accept me but she pretty st8. but anyway welcome aboard and enjoy . If u ever wantto talk let me know . look at my profile and you will that I am also an old broad. not as young as i use to be. Elizabeth :)

Merinda
01-17-2005, 02:36 PM
There are a few on her older than you Toni. Couple of 77 year olds at least.

Welcome to the Forum.

I seem to remember a 77 y'o asking if she was too old for dressing up on another site , if my memory serves me correct one of the girls who replied knew of a CD in her 80's.

But yeah, this is a diverse community from young to mature , closet to showgirl , occasional to 24/7 and so on .

Anyway a warm welcome to you Toni

Donna Louise
01-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Yes, You will enjoy it here. I am only 11 years your junior. Like you I have crossdressing my entire life. I did have times when I thought I was over it but it always was there in the back of my mind. You certainly are correct in that there are some very lovely ladies here. Stick around it only gets better.

Donna Louise

fauve
01-17-2005, 02:44 PM
Toni,

I'll be 52 in a few weeks, I agree with Sandra, were at an advantage here and now, with an over all confidence of being on the planet this long. Im sure it feels good to show yourself to others. It has been for me. I don't think I've slept more then a few hour every night this week once I opened the door. This site is a first step to walking out that door. And I agree also with Maude I've seen some amazing older women who know what they have and what they don't have and how to use it. It really is inspiring.. I feel a comforting vibrant energy from the younger girls here too...
And think about it who wouldn't want to turn back the clock. Hell, if we were 20 we'd want to be 10. Its an inside job and thats what shines through regardless of the available resources.

Have fun, do what makes you smile inside.

kate

Tristen Cox
01-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Actually one of my good friends here(hint:who hasn't posted in this thread yet) is about your age. I'm sure she'd be happy to meet you. We're a pretty well spread out group old and young, but I never really pay attention to age, only character. btw thanks for your comment *blush*

There was someone who came to our site a few months ago and had never had a make over, once she did she discovered the lady within that had been hidden all those years. She really looks great too. I hope you can find as much from this place as she did. So one more time Welcome to our home! :)

Love
Tristen

IAMDONNA
01-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Well I am only 55 days from 62 myself. It is wonderful to have this site available. I have finnally begun to venture out after a life time of being in the corner of the closet. I am going to clubs and have had a good time. I to wish I could have had the courage to try this years ago. At one point so deep in the closet, when married, I had to look throught the dust bunnies just to see the rest of the closet. To release these feelings has been wonderful. Although I have been told I could pass easily I still perfer doing things at night. That may never change but it's still a good deal of fun. I hope that you can still enjoy doing your thing for another 20 years, I plan to try.
Welcome to the site and if ever you want to "talk" feel free to send me a private message or e-mail. Would love some girl talk.

Hugs Donna :) :)

Sharon
01-17-2005, 03:09 PM
Hi Toni, welcome to our little community!
We don't accept any of this "fat and ugly" stuff around here. Some are just more genetically blessed than others. It's attitude Sweetie -- all attitude!

Georgette
01-17-2005, 03:12 PM
How about 68 and holding a 39ish in thinking that is I love it here and you are right we were born 30 years too early, oh well I am going to make the most of what I have now and by no means is anybody going to stop me now. I know my therapist thinks differently but she's coming around to me, she says I am bi-polar what ever the h$#@
that is I still feel the same old me. LOL welcome and look forward to seeing more of you.

Katiegirl
01-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Welcome Toni

I think you will be surprised at the number of girls at or approaching your age, I'm 56 and only recently restarted crossdressing after a gab of a number of years.

If you think your are over weight, then you have a good incentive to diet and get into that smaller dress size.

:)

Mind of a Woman, Body of a Man Life is a Bitch.

Ariel_TV
01-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Hi Toni ,

We have many mature CDer's here , and i want to say that i admire your courage to have live this in a time with so limited ressources for transgendered . We new bunch sometime dont appreciate how easier it is with the internet compared to the old generations. With one click you can secretly order your most sexy dresses, find a network of people like you to talk to and share experiences , etc .... It often warm my heart to see "oldies" talk about they're CD experiences and share the wisdom they have found thru hardship .

*hugs*

Jen_TGCD
01-17-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm not old... there is just a typo on my birth certificate!!! :rolleyes:

Welcome, Toni ! ! !

Julie
01-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Welcome Toni, as you're finding out you're not as old as you think.

JJ

Sweet Susan
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Toni,
Welcome, Toni, and just remember that our ages are out of our control. The rest we can do something about or at least try to work on or, if nothing else, we can try to be satisfied with what we have. You'll enjoy your visits here. Susan

Julie York
01-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Hi Toni.
It did occur to me what hell folk must have gone through before the internet. All secret, no way of contacting folk, no way of buying stuff, no advice....Must have been horrible.

So go mad...It's ALL here!.

jhnjks
01-17-2005, 08:14 PM
We wern't supposed to trust anyone over thirty, that didn't work so maybe we should not trust anyone over 100. Age is for all of us but it is still better than the alternative. Enjoy what you have and rember that the lucky ones will be your age someday.

BTW I am very close, veery close

love all the ages

Wendy me
01-17-2005, 10:28 PM
toni the real good part of haveing two parts or two people in you is she can be a little younger ............after all girlfreind it's your party......welcome and enjoy

Holly
01-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi Toni,

Welcome to our little corner of the world. I've only been here a few days myself, but already feel safe and comfortable. We are pretty close in age as I am just a couple of years from retirement myself. I'm really looking forward to joining THAT club.

Toni, please feel free to be yourself here. I've been dressing, on and off, for well over 40 years. In just the last few, I've really come to terms and accepted it as a part of who I am. It's kind of funny, I spent all those previous years trying to find out who I was and I was here all along... just needed to open the damn closet <LOL>. Feel free to email or PM if you want to chat

Vickie-CD
01-17-2005, 10:50 PM
I see it that you are nearly 63 years young, glad you found us and looking forward to more post from you.
Welcome,
Vickie

eleventhdr
01-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I'm 51 Does that still count for anything. Suzy!.

Rikki
01-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Welcome aboard Toni. I am ten years behind you and know how hard it has been on you. Now you can relax and enjoy, the girls here are great and have helped me out tremendesly. So will hope to hear more from you.

Rikki

PS, Watch your shoes around Julie York. Don't kick them off while relaxing.

Bonnie-OR
01-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Welcome aboard. I just turned 52. Is that old enough? I know you'll love it here, but be prepared to stay a while when you log in. I can spend hours at a time here. Yes, this great compared to so many years ago. Remember when you thought you were the only one in the world? Hope to hear more from you. Huggs, Bonnie

Maddie Knight
01-18-2005, 04:24 PM
Your not old, your just more experienced. Mayby some of us younger members can learn from you.
Happy to welcome you, Love Maddie.

Cheree
01-20-2005, 10:03 PM
I'll be an old broad soon enough!! Going to grow old wearing womens' clothes as I want to for sure............my 2 cents!

Wendy me
01-20-2005, 10:08 PM
some days you just don't feel like it realy matters age is only numbers.........just do what you want while you can...................

racheal
01-20-2005, 10:23 PM
some days you just don't feel like it realy matters age is only numbers.........just do what you want while you can...................

I agree, you are only as old as how you feel - I feel like a teen-ager again myself - that's saying something coming from a 36 year old. :)

Marlene4a
01-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Will be 63 in a couple of days.

Steffie-Lee
01-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Toni ! I am 63 and 220lbs, You are not fat and ugly! As we age we get prettier! and much more experienced ! :)

Miss Sherry
01-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Hi, Toni
I'm only a handful of years behind you, and in major denial ... I absolutely refuse to accept the senior discount at Denny's :D

I think it's much easier to "pass" as we get older. No one expects a teenage figure and a perfect complection ... although mini-skirts would be fun!

Anyway, welcome and don't feel alone ... you're not.

Sherry :)

sandim
01-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Toni it's great to have you here! Please don't be down on yourself because of your age. From the posts so far, you can see how many of us girls are "mature"! (myself included)

Sometimes when I look at the pics of our younger sisters with super bodies and dressed in sexy revealing outfits, I've found myself thinking "if I was her age I'd do that outfit more justice than she doe's", then I have to laugh at myself, you see I'm jealous, it's just a snippy girl thing!

For me age certainly doe's have it's plusses! My height has shrunk so I can wear higher heels without looking like a basketball player. My facial features have changed so that I'm more passable as a mature woman than I was when I was younger girl. I could go on and on with with the positives! The only b**tch I have is wearing a girdle because I HAVE to instead of doing it for the thrill!

Priscilla1018
01-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I just joined today and am very glad I did. I am a 55 year young body builder with a full beard. Can we say bearded lady? Hang in there it gets better all the time.
Love,

Priscilla

DonnaT
01-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Wonder where Flicka is?

alberta55
01-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Tonyi I was so afraid that no one would talk to me that's why I never told my age,im 56 I don't look 56 but a little makeup works good and retirement helps to, so thanks you Tonyi, looking good
go ladies, Alberta

Toni
01-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Hi Alberta,
You really are just as old as you feel and the girls here won't let you be old anyway. How about a picture of you? In the meantime heres one of me.

sherri
01-25-2005, 03:35 PM
Yes, you are the only one. The rest of us are 29 or younger. Sorry.

Toni
01-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Hi Alberta,
I don't know what went wrong with the picture but here is another attempt.