PDA

View Full Version : My latest makeover adventure (pic included)

DanaJ
12-13-2006, 10:03 AM
I haven't been posting much about my makeover adventures for the past year, because my luck has turned really bad. I lost my regular makeup artist last year when I felt she was taking advantage of me, and when I asked about it she quickly said she didn't want to do my makeovers any more.

I found another girl who was really good, but after 4 makeovers, I started getting the sense I was again being taken advantage of - that is, appointments canceled at the last minute, being made to wait for over an hour when I have a scheduled appointment, etc. Again, when I mentioned it (and I was very tactful) I was told that I better find someone else.

I think that these women felt like they had me over a barrel, knowing that it would be hard for me to find someone else to do these makeovers. Well, I started looking again. I went in for consultations with 3 more makeup artists/hairdressers. All 3 were wildly enthustistic about doing my makeovers, but when it came time to schedule an appointment, there was always some problem. This went on for several months, until I found another girl who was really fun and had fun doing them, even if she wasn't the best makeup-wise, we had fun. But again, she canceled too much, about 1 in 4 scheduled appointments ever happened - the rest were canceled by her for various personal reasons (read: home problems).

So now, I think I have found THE one - that is, if she doesn't also turn out to be a total flake :) She is a former state beauty pagent winner, worked as a makeup artist for Estée Lauder and also worked with pagent girls teaching them deportment. She is very enthustiastic, is a lot of fun and has already come up with lots of ideas she wants to try - like doing me up as a pagent winner, I even get to wear her crown and sash LOL

We had an appointment last Friday, we only played with makeup and wigs (she also did my brows and nails) but we both had a great time, and I hope to see her again for a full dress-up, nails, makeup etc appointment. Hopefully, this will mean a lot more opportunities for me to get all girled up more often.

I am very happy and excited about this, but I need to be guarded in case she also turns out to be unreliable....

Oh - here is a pic from last week :)
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/dec8-02enhanced.jpg

Sophia Rearen
12-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Wow, Dana. That's the best makeover, yet. She sure sounds like a keeper. Hope everything works out for the two of you.

StacyCD
12-13-2006, 10:10 AM
What a great picture! I'm glad that you finally found someone that can do your makeup--the results are outstanding so perhaps it was worth the effort! I wish I could find someone locally but I have only had a makeover done infrequently while traveling and the results were certainlly not as impressive. Have fun!

Tiffy
12-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Dana dear, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune with make overs. The pic is great and you look good. I hope this works out for you this tme dear.

Tiffy

Kate Simmons
12-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Absolutely beautiful Dana. You are one of the definative gals here. Richard wanted to ask you to dinner but I told him to behave(just kidding). Very nice Dana, it suits you well.:happy: Ericka Kay

carolinebrookes
12-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Very Beautiful! She made a good job. And the two of you had fun which is better! I hope it works out for you both.

Caroline

Tamara Croft
12-13-2006, 10:38 AM
WOW!!!!! That has to be the most stunning picture I've seen of you out of all the makeovers you have had. You look amazing :hugs: Lets hope she's a keeper :)

JenniferMint
12-13-2006, 10:50 AM
The foundation and hair looks fake to me.

Maddie
12-13-2006, 10:53 AM
All I can say is wow and please tell me you are near so i can use her.

hotbobbie
12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Fabulous darling

Ashley in Virginia
12-13-2006, 11:15 AM
I have to agree with everyone and say how very lovely your pic looks. Too bad your chances at advancing in the fantasy football playoffs this weekend dont look as good..... :D

Julogden
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Dana,

Your foundation makeup, lips, brows and nails look wonderful, but if I can be allowed to nitpick some minor details, eyes could be a little better, in that she didn't blend your eyeliner on the lower lid very well, kind of a hard line, and it appears that the false lash on your right eye is either coming loose at the outer corner, or else it wasn't applied correctly.

I'm not a fan of messy-looking hair styles, so the wig styling isn't my favorite, but it sounds like you've found a stylist with lots of possibility.

I really hope she turns out to be a good one for you. From your picture and description, I'd certainly be a customer of hers if she was around here.

Carol:hugs:

Nicole Summers
12-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Absolutely fabulous hun, You've given me some great ideas. A picture is worth a million in your case......red kisses....nicki

JoAnnDallas
12-13-2006, 11:28 AM
I had a similar problem finding a new salon when we moved this last time. I swear that there must be a salon on every conner here in Dallas. It took me about 4-5 months to find the salon and tech that I now use. It was not a appointment problem as much as service and price. The first salon I went to charged me $80 for a pedicure/manicure/fill. She also did not do my nails correctly. One place I went to, I felt very uneasy, since I was the only cutomer she had in the shop and no one else came in while I was there. Then I found my current salon and WOW, is it great. I can get a pedicure/manicure/fill/polish/eyebrows for only $40. Half of what some in the area are charging. Also the shop always have customers in it and many are walk ins. Each tech has her own Cliental, which means you get the personal touch that make all of the difference. Plus their massage chairs are hevenly.

I hope she works out for you and you enjoy each and every experience.

marie354
12-13-2006, 11:34 AM
WOW! Judging by the pic... You look like a GG! I wish I could.

Sophia Rearen
12-13-2006, 11:38 AM

HUH?

Julie York
12-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Nice one.:thumbsup:

JenniferMint
12-13-2006, 11:46 AM
HUH?

I mean, the hair looks like obviously a wig, and her skin looks like it has a lot of foundation on it, rather than natural skin.

Sherlyn
12-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Hi Dana ...if I may say so ...I hate you!!! ...and you know what that means :p

Shadeauxmarie
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
I think you look lovely. Jealous, that's me. If you had other gurls or girls in your area to recommend to your stylist, I'm sure she would love you for it, and make sure to be available for your scheduled appointments. You being such a valued customer and all.

DanaJ
12-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow, Dana. That's the best makeover, yet. She sure sounds like a keeper. Hope everything works out for the two of you.Wow thanks Sophia!! We took more pix but this one was best I think....

What a great picture! I'm glad that you finally found someone that can do your makeup--the results are outstanding so perhaps it was worth the effort! I wish I could find someone locally but I have only had a makeover done infrequently while traveling and the results were certainlly not as impressive. Have fun!It can be a bit daunting, but there are ways to search for makeup artists in your area, I would be happy to share my method with you if you want? Thanks for your nice comments too...

Dana dear, I am sorry to hear of your misfortune with make overs. The pic is great and you look good. I hope this works out for you this time dear.

TiffyHopefully, all's well that ends well and this will continue to get even better.... thanks!

Absolutely beautiful Dana. You are one of the definative gals here. Richard wanted to ask you to dinner but I told him to behave(just kidding). Very nice Dana, it suits you well.:happy: Ericka KayMany thanks Ericka/Rich - both of you are very nice people and I would be honored to go out with either one ;)

Very Beautiful! She made a good job. And the two of you had fun which is better! I hope it works out for you both.

CarolineThanks Caroline, we did have fun and to me, that is at least 50% of any makeover...

pinkshelly
12-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Wow, wow, wow, and wowsers. You look HOT. I'm very envios.
Hugs, Shelly.

veronicagirl
12-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Do you know how many people you're going to make jealous? (psssst: me included)

GG Vanya
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Dana,

You look amazingly like an actress on a now syndicated sitcom. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the sitcom but it involved three girls and their nanny. I think the actress's name could even have been Dana.

I don't understand those who are nitpicking your picture here. You are absolutely gorgeous! I don't see one iota of "male" in your picture dear. :happy: Oh, and as for the eyelash? Nope, I don't see it as misapplied or loose. It's just viewed in profile.

I can't wait to see pics of you with the tiara and sash! :D You're definitley one cutie patootie!

DanaJ
12-13-2006, 12:30 PM
WOW!!!!! That has to be the most stunning picture I've seen of you out of all the makeovers you have had. You look amazing :hugs: Lets hope she's a keeper :)Thanks sweetie :hugs: You are far too kind - but keep it up! :D

The foundation and hair looks fake to me.Good eye Jennifer - it IS fake ;) I haven't gone so far as to whack off my nuts yet as you have, but maybe that would improve things you think?

All I can say is wow and please tell me you are near so i can use her.Thanks Maddie, that is nice of you to say. It depends on what you mean by "near" ;)

Fabulous darlingThanks :)

I have to agree with everyone and say how very lovely your pic looks. Too bad your chances at advancing in the fantasy football playoffs this weekend dont look as good..... :DThanks Ashley - you just print that pic out and keep it taped to your monitor this Sunday, so you can see who it is you're playing....

Hi Dana,

Your foundation makeup, lips, brows and nails look wonderful, but if I can be allowed to nitpick some minor details, eyes could be a little better, in that she didn't blend your eyeliner on the lower lid very well, kind of a hard line, and it appears that the false lash on your right eye is either coming loose at the outer corner, or else it wasn't applied correctly.

I'm not a fan of messy-looking hair styles, so the wig styling isn't my favorite, but it sounds like you've found a stylist with lots of possibility.

I really hope she turns out to be a good one for you. From your picture and description, I'd certainly be a customer of hers if she was around here.

Carol:hugs:Carol, not a prob, your comments are welcome. You are right about the liner and eyelash (I felt as if the lash was loose a bit). In her defense, this was the first time she had made up a male before, and the first time we had worked together, so there is room for improvement :) Also, she knew nothing about wigs, so again, it was a learning experience.... hopefully it will only get better as we get used to each other.

jamiecd636
12-13-2006, 12:34 PM
WOW, you look great.

Holly
12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Dana, what a great way to end a dry spell. :thumbsup:

GG Vanya
12-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks sweetie :hugs: You are far too kind - but keep it up! :D
Good eye Jennifer - it IS fake ;) I haven't gone so far as to whack off my nuts yet as you have, but maybe that would improve things you think?
Thanks Maddie, that is nice of you to say. It depends on what you mean by "near" ;)
Thanks Ashley - you just print that pic out and keep it taped to your monitor this Sunday, so you can see who it is you're playing....
Carol, not a prob, your comments are welcome. You are right about the liner and eyelash (I felt as if the lash was loose a bit). In her defense, this was the first time she had made up a male before, and the first time we had worked together, so there is room for improvement :) Also, she knew nothing about wigs, so again, it was a learning experience.... hopefully it will only get better as we get used to each other.

OMG, :rofl: :rofl2: :dom: I love that come back! :hugs:

Tamara Croft
12-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Thanks sweetie :hugs: You are far too kind - but keep it up! :D Not too kind at all, you know me Dana, I say it how it is and I mean what I say, you look absolutely fabulous :)

Good eye Jennifer - it IS fake ;) I haven't gone so far as to whack off my nuts yet as you have, but maybe that would improve things you think?:lol: Jennifer, one thinks you are jealous... Of course the hair is fake, it's a wig, as for the foundation, the lady is a professional, she knows exactly what foundation to use for photography... sheesh..... I'd better not show you my makeover photo, you'd say the whole thing was fake :rolleyes: (nice comeback Dana... had me rolling)

DanaJ
12-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Absolutely fabulous hun, You've given me some great ideas. A picture is worth a million in your case......red kisses....nickiThanks nicki - glad I could give you soem ideas, I hope they are good ones LOL

I had a similar problem finding a new salon when we moved this last time. I swear that there must be a salon on every conner here in Dallas. It took me about 4-5 months to find the salon and tech that I now use. It was not a appointment problem as much as service and price. The first salon I went to charged me $80 for a pedicure/manicure/fill. She also did not do my nails correctly. One place I went to, I felt very uneasy, since I was the only cutomer she had in the shop and no one else came in while I was there. Then I found my current salon and WOW, is it great. I can get a pedicure/manicure/fill/polish/eyebrows for only $40. Half of what some in the area are charging. Also the shop always have customers in it and many are walk ins. Each tech has her own Cliental, which means you get the personal touch that make all of the difference. Plus their massage chairs are hevenly.

I hope she works out for you and you enjoy each and every experience.Hiya JoAnn - yep, finding a good salon can be a bit of a search, but it pays off when you find a good one.... thanks!

WOW! Judging by the pic... You look like a GG! I wish I could.Thanks marie - a GG huh? Wow!

Nice one.:thumbsup:Thanks Julie :thumbsup: back at ya...

Hi Dana ...if I may say so ...I hate you!!! ...and you know what that means :pLOL Sherlyn - your hate is the best compliment I could get - thanks!

I think you look lovely. Jealous, that's me. If you had other gurls or girls in your area to recommend to your stylist, I'm sure she would love you for it, and make sure to be available for your scheduled appointments. You being such a valued customer and all.Thank you thank you! For now, she is mine all mine LOL

DanaJ
12-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Wow, wow, wow, and wowsers. You look HOT. I'm very envios.
Hugs, Shelly.Shelly - you'll have me blushing over here of you keep that up :)

Do you know how many people you're going to make jealous? (psssst: me included)Thanks veronicagirl - amazing what a little makeup can do....

Dana,

You look amazingly like an actress on a now syndicated sitcom. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the sitcom but it involved three girls and their nanny. I think the actress's name could even have been Dana.

I don't understand those who are nitpicking your picture here. You are absolutely gorgeous! I don't see one iota of "male" in your picture dear. :happy: Oh, and as for the eyelash? Nope, I don't see it as misapplied or loose. It's just viewed in profile.

I can't wait to see pics of you with the tiara and sash! :D You're definitley one cutie patootie!Wow Vanya - thanks! I think I know who you are talking about, but OMG - I don't even want to mention who I think it is that you are thinking about! My makeup artist was already wondering if I could fit into her sequin gown, but she weighs about 98 pounds - so THAT ain't gonna happen. I could maybe use her gown for a wrap or something though :)

WOW, you look great.Thanks Jamie!

Dana, what a great way to end a dry spell. :thumbsup:Holly, that is exactly what I was thinking too! Now, onto more and better makeovers....

DanaJ
12-13-2006, 12:51 PM
I forgot to mention, I have never been into the going out thing, but she has already started on me to go out. She has said she wants to get me to go out, and that she would be there to watch over me and protect me :)

Oh - and one more thing, there is a second girl at this salon who also wants to make me over, so the two of them are getting together to work out a way so they can both participate! Wow, this is really gonna be fun - or dangerous - I am a sucker for GGs who say "Pleeaassseeee Dana..." LOL

...and thanks for all who have responded, you have really touched me :hugs:

ColleenCD
12-13-2006, 12:59 PM
DanaJ,

You look so pretty. Your face is so smooth and your nails look so nice. I would like to see the tiarra and sash in future pictures.

Colleen

brandycd
12-13-2006, 01:34 PM
OMG how gorgeous are you? WOW!

MsJanessa
12-13-2006, 01:38 PM

Actually hon you look great. My only advice is to learn how to do your hair and apply makeup yourself and save your money for those special events when you want to put on the dog and have someone with special experise do the hair and makeup. And Jennifer, I would love to see your photo in either your profile, avatar or maybe in a post. Curious to know what you think is real and natural. xoxoxox Janessa

SherriePall
12-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Dana -- You posted this less than four hours ago and already you have over 30 posts. I know why. We all wait for you to post those makeover stories and pics and when you do, it's showtime!
I don't believe it, but I thought that you couldn't look any better than you have in some of your other makeover pics. You have proven me wrong. You look absolutely deliciously gorgeous in the pic. And I love your nails.
Are you going to let us in on any secret methods she used?

Calliope
12-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Dana, thanks sharing the marvy photo, you look polished - and great.

(Viva la free market - good for you not taking any crap from makeover pros.)

Yo, Jennifer, you got some nerve.

Shelly Preston
12-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Stunning- Absolutely Stunning

I thought your other pics were good but this is well .........WOW

Its just not fair on us poor mortals :cry:

Beautiful and Intelligent what a combination

GG Vanya
12-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Lisa Whelchel, who played "Blair" in the sitcom Facts of Life!

http://www.lisawhelchel.com/gallery/factsoflife/fol.htm

Now, tell me you don't look like her twin!!!!

Sophia Rearen
12-13-2006, 02:20 PM
I mean, the hair looks like obviously a wig, and her skin looks like it has a lot of foundation on it, rather than natural skin.

Believe it or not, but I'm quite sure, that there is a beard under there somewhere. That is one hell of a nice foundation job.

suzy
12-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Stunning pic. absolutely gorgeous! I don't understand why the make up artist problems...guess there is more demand than supply....but whoever did this make up job...I'd keep!

Very sweet.....and the make only enhances your natural beauty! You are gotrgeous and are even without make up... I can just tell!:hugs:

Goodluck hon.... thanks for sharing the photo.:D

goofus
12-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Wow, very nice!! If you have any more photos, post 'em please :)

Trish

robyn1114
12-13-2006, 03:57 PM
absolutely stunning

linda_47
12-13-2006, 04:37 PM
hi dana,
you look fabulous, i to had a makeover some time ago, and it made me feel a million dollars.
so i know how you must have felt, and to find a good makeup artist is a feet and not easy.
keep the pics comming.

love linda :happy:

Bethanygirl
12-13-2006, 04:38 PM
You look very sweet dear, you should go out, get the attention you deserve. And don't worry, if the gg's say they will look out for you, they will, they just might let you sweat a little before they intervene when you start getting approached by all the men who are going to be hitting on you!:heehee:

Kristen Marie
12-13-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow....not only is the make-up excellent, but the style of the wig fits you perfectly. Keep her and give her all these compliments!!!

I just came back from my electrolysis, but I started out the session with my praise for the work she was doing.....it goes a long way!

CarmenG
12-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Dana,
:worship:
Does this pic come in life size....
I'd keep you.....:yrtw:

Paula T
12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I always do my own makeovers (the cost factor you know) but once in a while it is soooo much fun to have one done for you by a pro. Once again I am sooooo jealous.:hugs:

Wendy me
12-13-2006, 05:35 PM
omg omg Dana omg you got to have a sister omg ...did i say omg yet?? omg girlfriend you look fab..... as soon as things slow down here we need to talk ... go out you pass trust me omg just fab.........

Dawn29680
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
simply gorgous

Julie York
12-13-2006, 05:41 PM
Does this thread win the most "Last edited by Tamara" award!

What did I miss? Can you leave the rude bits in for an hour or two so I can have a laugh first.

:D l

Sharon
12-13-2006, 05:58 PM
I knew something was missing in the forum the past year!!! Geez, now that we have Dana back posting her beautiful makeover pics(absolutely gorgeous, by the way!), all is right in the world again!:happy:

Tamara Croft
12-13-2006, 06:04 PM
Does this thread win the most "Last edited by Tamara" award!

What did I miss? Can you leave the rude bits in for an hour or two so I can have a laugh first.

:D lSo nosey :p I just cut out the quote of danas first post.... like ALL OF IT :rolleyes: no rude bits I'm afraid ;)

kathy gg
12-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Late to the party as always...so glad you posted this beautiful picture.

I have to say, that for having never done a male face before this gal did a pretty damn awesome job. Great coverage, great pose, pretty nails, and touseled hair {I personally dont' like too over styled}.

And in addition to looking pretty as can be....you look like you are having FUN! And ain't that what this life is supposed to be about. Having fun?

I look forward to your next collaboration with this new make up gal! :hugs:

june58
12-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Wow Dana. Breathtaking

melissaabom
12-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Your make up and nails are WOW

Keep her !!

Melissa

Maddie
12-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Dana just tell me you are north on the mason dixon line and east of the delaware

Katrina
12-13-2006, 07:01 PM
You look great Dana! I'm not sure that its appropriate to post a picture of a GG and pass it off as yourself though... ;)

Penny
12-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Dana, what a fabulous job. You look pretty as a picture. Wait a minute! It is a picture. Ok, your picture look absolutely marvelous.:love:

:hugs:

Penny

Chiana
12-13-2006, 07:16 PM
I am relatively new in this neighborhood so I have not seen a "Dana Makeover Photo" before. WOW!!!!! And I would have to say that I am no expert on hair (wigs) or makeup but I do know what I like and you look terrific. If I could ever look that good....... WOW.

AlysonCD
12-13-2006, 07:17 PM
Wow Dana, you look wonderful! If I say you out and about, I'd have to staop and say hello! Lovely!!

MJ
12-13-2006, 07:28 PM
wow Dana you are gorgeous. i give up i will never be a beautiful as you girl. you rock .. :love: :love: good to see you . hugs Marissa

CharleneCD
12-13-2006, 07:49 PM
OMG Dana, that is your best pic yet. I hoe this gal works out. If there is room for improvements, I am almost scared to see the next set of results. Again OMG.

Khrystyinsd
12-13-2006, 08:21 PM
HOLY COW WOW!! Awesome job on the makeover. I'll pray that she doesn't start to flake out on you.

sonalnarula
12-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Wow ! You're so pretty !

Tedi
12-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Great pictures Dana, Hope the new girls work out for you.

Laurie Ann
12-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Dana as always you look beautiful. I know how much you enjoy your makeovers so I'm glad you found someone new to work with. I believe that is the best I have seen you look. The face is flawless and your eyes are riveting. I just love the whole look. I hope she is a keeper and we will be able to see more pictures.

Rachel Morley
12-13-2006, 08:43 PM
What an absolute babe! :D You do look very pretty indeed, and if this new girl is an ex beauty pageant queen and is going to let you wear her crown and sash that's gonna be awesome! I can just see it now, there you are all glammed up with perfect hair and makeup, in a sequined gown, strappy sandals, sash and crown whilst she gives you feminine deportment lessons. Phew, that really would be something to see. :D

P.S. I'll PM you later :happy:

GypsyKaren
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi Dana

You look fabulous! I'm so glad you finally found a new artist, I know how frustrating it's been for you.

Karen

Carlacd
12-13-2006, 09:21 PM
I want to have s*x with you:D . Very happy for you Dana, outstanding.

Kristi1948
12-13-2006, 09:36 PM
Absolutely gorgeous Dana, I am sooooo jealous. Actually, it is probably a good thing that I don't look as good as you, as I would never get anything done except for going out. You do look marvelous. :D

Jesse69
12-13-2006, 10:13 PM
You look nice and the pic would make a better avatar pic.

Can you tell me what they did in your makeover and the total cost of it?

I wonder how I would look all made up too but never tried. Too embarrassed to do this. I guess your former makeup women didn't want to do a crossdresser - maybe that's why you had a hard time. I wouldn't want to spend over $50 on a makeover, and besides, I wouldn't be able to keep it on for long!

Jennaie
12-13-2006, 11:00 PM
Dana, Your too cute. why don't come over here and sit on my lap. I will tell you all the stories of how I became a pirate. ':happy:

Sally2005
12-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Looking good! Makeup looks good for a formal, evening event or photographs, but it might be a bit too much if you plan for everyday/daytime outing. What are you using to cover your beard?

EricaCD
12-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Dana - fantastic photo and you really do look terrific. What a great way to end the dry spell. I am really pleased for you. Enjoy!!!!!

Erica

Lois1234
12-14-2006, 12:48 AM
WOW, you look great!!! no, really.. not a bleamish or anything. I wish i looked half as good. I've never had a makeover by anybody other than myself but i would love to give it a whirl.....you go girl....

Lois...

Naomi
12-14-2006, 05:18 AM
love your pic Dana.
touch wood that your new make-up artist will not mess you around as others have and become a dear and loyal friend.

Joy Carter
12-14-2006, 05:41 AM
I can believe it's you Dana because It's what we all have come to expect from you. Your always such a doll. But Hun I gotta ask about your skin. What has your new friend used to get your face to be so smooth looking ? So what's the secret we are all dying to know ?:D

cindybarnes
12-14-2006, 05:43 AM
Dana, thats an awsome makeup job ! I sure hope this girl works out for a loong time for you !!

I would love to try a pro makeover someday but besides finding the right person and the sceduling conflicts there's the cost factor,, not sure my Cindy budget has room for that :( For now I will just have to keep practicing on myself LOL

I suppose the results you have gotten take the cost out of it since the look is Priceless ! :)

Cindy

allisonrn06
12-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Dana, you look gorgeous girl!! And as for the "nitpickers", I think most of us who are members here would die to look as convincing as you, so I don't know why they want to point out small flaws. Maybe it's a little jealousy.:hugs:

Marcie Sexton
12-14-2006, 08:10 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, you rate a 15...perfect, nothing else need be said...
:2c:

Michelle I
12-14-2006, 08:47 AM
DanaJ:

Looking beautiful! I have been wondering about you and your makeovers, it has been awhile since we have both posted our makeover pictures at the same time. Good luck with this one, she seems like a keeper.

Melissa

MsEva
12-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Got to weigh in and say..WOWWIE...I love the look. She IS a keeper! But then even the best "artist" needs a good canvas to work with!:2c:

suchacutie
12-14-2006, 09:29 AM
It took a while to work through the "almost-rans" but it sure looks like it's all for the best. I've seen a number of your make-over pics, and this is more than a different artist you are working with. She's found a part of Dana I've never seen before, a part that looks so very comfortable and just very right! Maybe the word make-over isn't enough. It's more of an "uncovering" the real Dana!

Gail Stauffer
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Great Picture DanaJ nice to see you around here!! hope things go better for you for doing your makeovers!! that sounds like fun, I'm sure it gets expensive though, but would be fun to try sometime!!

Sabrina Flowers
12-14-2006, 10:19 AM
You look very pretty and femmine Dana. :thumbsup:

terrigurl
12-14-2006, 10:36 AM
You look fantastic in your photo. I think you are a very pretty young woman. I am happy that you have found a good stylist, and I hope she works out for you. I use about 3 different stylists at different salons, and some of them do excellent work, but others are just adequate. I was so pleased yesterday with the makeup artist who made me over. The foundation looked natural, she styled my wig nicely, and my nails were wonderful. I felt so girly. My friend at Avenue told me that she thought I looked really pretty. I am trying to get her to go out with me on a GNO-type outing, but she doesn't get off work until 9 PM. I am hoping that after the holidays she will get off earlier so we can go out.

Terri

DanaJ
12-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Wow! The responses here have been overwhelming, thanks to everyone who replied - and especially thanks for all the nice comments!

MsJanessa - I can do myself up, but I find it much more fun to share the experience with someone else. Since I do not have an SO that shares this with me, having the makeover done with someone is just more fun. It's almost like sex - it is fun when you do it by yourself, but MUCH more fun when you do it with someone else ;)

SherriePall - Secrets? Not sure what she did as once I take my glasses off I am blind and at her mercy :) The nails are all mine - well, my natural nails with an acrylic overlay. Getting ready to go back to fiberglass though.....

GGVanya - whew! I was hoping that was the one you meant, and not Mrs Garrett :D

Maddie - 1 out of 2 ain't bad :)

Katrina (Miss Pincy :)) - LOL, loved your comment! You are too too kind...

Jesse69 - I pay $50/hour, that usually includes a brow pluck/trim/shaping, nails polished, makeover, wig styling, dressing help (if needed), photos (with my camera), a mini-facial when I am finished and cleaned up and picking up all the stuff I usually bring. Normally, we aim for 2 hours - sometimes it takes 1 hour, sometimes 3 depending on how much we play. To me, it is well worth it, just to get some good girl time...

Sally2005 - I use Colortration (http://www.colortration.com) for the last few years and I love it! It works well and covers everything! I have a therad in the Beauty Club about it, including very close up photos showing how well it covers...

Joy - Colortration and a skilled makeup artist :)

Again - thanks to you all for all your replies and comments :hugs:

DanaJ
12-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I just got a phone call from my makeup artist girl - she wanted to know when I could come in again, she said she couldn't wait to get me "all girled up" again LOL So, for now it looks like next Monday will be our night. Usually we do it later when the salon is closed and no one is around, but the salon is closed on Mondays, so we will get the whole place to ourselves!

Now, what to wear??? I want to get a few sessions in with her before I go for the big pagent look :) Right now, I am thinking of a plaid skirt, black knee boots and a top - not sure which one yet...

MsJanessa
12-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Well Darling since you don't have a significant other if you ever get to Maine, send Me an e-mail---I'm good with makeup and can probably do your hair at least as good as the photo. Also can take you out to at least 3 T-Girl friendly night clubs. As for the sex part, well.....

Sarah Rabbit
12-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Dana
You look totally stunning. Most of us (well, me anyway:D) would kill for looks like that. Looking forward to your pictures after the next session. As for those previous 'Artist', what were they trying to achieve? Were they after more money or something?, it did not make sense.

Sarah R. :bunny:

Joy Carter
12-14-2006, 09:10 PM
I just got a phone call from my makeup artist girl - she wanted to know when I could come in again, she said she couldn't wait to get me "all girled up" again LOL So, for now it looks like next Monday will be our night. Usually we do it later when the salon is closed and no one is around, but the salon is closed on Mondays, so we will get the whole place to ourselves!

Now, what to wear??? I want to get a few sessions in with her before I go for the big pagent look :) Right now, I am thinking of a plaid skirt, black knee boots and a top - not sure which one yet...

PICTURES ! Pretty Please.

Chiana
12-15-2006, 12:22 AM

OK. Now I am really, really jealous. And so are most of the girls around here. Pics please.

cdeeko
12-15-2006, 12:33 AM
Wow. I have another heroine. Thanks for sharing the photo.:happy:

Julogden
12-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Dana, you look gorgeous girl!! And as for the "nitpickers", I think most of us who are members here would die to look as convincing as you, so I don't know why they want to point out small flaws. Maybe it's a little jealousy.:hugs:
Nitpicker here, my comment was in no way a criticism of Dana, rather it concerned a couple minor things that her stylist didn't do quite as well as she could have, and was simply pointing them out to Dana for future reference, that's all.

As far as I'm concerned, Dana looks wonderful, and I expect that her new stylist will work out just fine, so please don't try putting your spin on my postings, dear.:thumbsdn:

Carol

Tina Dixon
12-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I must have been on another planet, how did I miss this thread, Dana photo is amazing, that gal nows here stuff, your gorgeous.

lowlavalentine
12-15-2006, 11:37 AM
gorgeous!

Sophia Rearen
12-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Is the woman single? If so, this could be a match made in heaven! She's totally into this. Make sure you share with her, the wonderful comments from us.

Diana West
12-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Let me add (belatedly) to the list of compliments.
Stunning is as accurate a description as I could think of.
Your lips are perfect for that Mona Lisa smile of yours.

Francesp56
12-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Welcome back Dana,You were missed.
A beautiful photo,very femme and sexy.
Hope we see many more Makeover Photos.

Francesp56
Melbourne,
Australia.

TaniaInTas
12-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Echoing others - You look absolutely fabulous. If I could ever find a beautician to make me look even half this good, then I reckon that I'd start a whole new life, and never consider maledom again. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture, and good luck establishing a long term relationship without the hassles you have suffered of late

S. Lisa Smith
12-17-2006, 09:43 PM
I don't know how I missed this either, you look WONDERFUL!!

Juanita O
12-17-2006, 10:16 PM
you look great.

Kimkandy
12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Good eye Jennifer - it IS fake ;) I haven't gone so far as to whack off my nuts yet as you have, but maybe that would improve things you think?

Why are you getting a :bonk: Nut Whacker for Christmas?

Kim

:dom: :chained:

DanaJ
12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks again for your very kind replies - you girls rock!!

Sarah Rabbit - the other makeup artists, it is really funny.... they are also hairdressers, and they will constantly complain about how poor they are, they need more money, etc. Yet when I am trying to throw money at them, they were always canceling our appointments. And not only my appointments, but their hair appointments with their other clientele also. Weird.....

Sophia - yes, she is single, but I will not risk a great makeup artist by making a move on her (at least not yet ;))

One more bit of news - when I went in for my nail appointment (pedi and fill) on Friday, I found out there was yet another girl there who wanted to get in on the fun :) I'm gonna have to find out more ;)

Amanduhrob
12-18-2006, 09:40 AM
You look fabulous, and I honestly think that all the negative comments are coming from jealous people who aren't as comfortable and open with their dressing as you are, and who would fear searching for a GG makeup artist.

Now will you please ask your artist if she has a sister living in Indianapolis?:D

Renee D
12-18-2006, 10:19 AM
You look incredible. I don't know what that comment about foundation was about from another member!!!! You look absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!

Angie G
12-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Dana good luck with your new girl you look fabulous love your eyes what a babe you are :hugs:
Angie