PDA

View Full Version : Drivers License Photo

Rhonda Jean
12-13-2006, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know if your drivers license photo, Sam's Club photo, or any other photo is stored on their computers? A few years ago I decided to get a new DL photo, even though my DL had'nt expired. I had my hair done, wor some large hoop earrings and a little, almost unnoticeable, makeup. I went to the DMV and told them I'd lost my DL and needed a repalcement. No problems. The took my picture and I soon had a new DL that was definately a lot more fem than my other one. Since I hadn't actually lost my other one, I figured I could use them interchangeably, depending on the circumstances. Then I got afraid that my photo might be stored in their database and that fem picture might apear on a screen in the squadcar (or elsewhere) at an inopportune time. Anybody know?

My Sam's Club card is another. My hair is a lot longer that it was when I got the card and I've actually had a cashier say, "Is this you? This doesn't look anything like you. You need to get a new card!". Sounds like a good photo op, but.. The card is paid for by the company I work for. I'm afraid that some day they may send out new cards to the company... not good. They've never done this. I've only updated my card once in the 20 or so years I've had it. I think it'd be cool to have a fem pic on my Sam's card. I'd do it in a minute if I knew they didn't store them.

kaitlin
12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Hey Girl, I don't know about anywhere else but Tennessee does keep your latest pic in there data base. Here when ya get a new drivers lic. they will ask if you need a new picture or can they use your old one. My last sams card replacement was done in the store, new pic. Hope this helps! Kaitlin

Rhonda Jean
12-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks Kaitlin,
Guess that leaves out the DL photo. I knew that seemed too easy. I'll still have to think about the Sam's card though.

JenniferMint
12-13-2006, 11:44 AM
I've heard in some (most? all?) states, you can get a "non-drivers license" or "state license". This would be a separate license from your driver's license, only for photo ID purposes.

So you could have driver's license as drab and non-drivers license as femme or the other way around and use whichever one you want.

Rhonda Jean
12-13-2006, 11:57 AM
This brings up another point. How much do people rely on those photos? I've never used a credit card at a store, just a debit card and PIN, but, when I check int a hotel I always have to show my DL. Well, it is what it is. No one has batted an eye. For that matter, some women change their appearance radically and frequently. They'd hardly be recognizable in most of their ID's. The guidelines for accepting a photo ID must be fairly wide. Seems like male ID, female presentation might be one of those that would get a rejection, though. Kind of like black/white.