PDA

View Full Version : makeover in Orlando

Katie_
12-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know of anyone who does makeovers in Orlando? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Katie

LeeBe
12-13-2006, 03:27 PM
http://www.ritzyrags.com/makeovers/makeovers.htm

Don't have any personal experience but their web site is listed on the Orlando Tri Ess web pages.

JulieCDorlando
12-13-2006, 03:53 PM
hello Katie,
Ritzy Rags on Mills Ave. does good work. Female impersonator Leigh Shannon does the make overs. Photo shoots after the make over is optional. I was there about 3-4 years ago and was satisfied with the results. Do make reservations first. Make overs are around $75. Come to think of it, I should make an appoinment for one on 30th of Dec for New Years Eve. Good luck. Do post some pics afterwards. :happy: .

Katie_
12-13-2006, 05:32 PM
thanks for the info...i know, might sound weird, but I got a phobia about having a male or other cd do my makeup, would love to find a GG, pro artist is fine, willing to pay accordingly

Kenix
12-13-2006, 08:03 PM
thanks for the info...i know, might sound weird, but I got a phobia about having a male or other cd do my makeup, would love to find a GG, pro artist is fine, willing to pay accordingly

I don't think I can talk you out of having a male or CD do you makeover, but if you hear a lot of positive remarks about a place I don't see why not give it a try.:2c:

JeanneF
12-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Can't say anything about her skill, but I met Leigh over the summer when I was in Orlando...totally cool person, really friendly. I wound up hanging around the store BS'ing with her for a few hours. Very nice person, and a great shop.

JulieCDorlando
12-13-2006, 11:44 PM
Hello Lisa,
I agree with your assesment about Leigh. She is a delighful gal. Funny, persoanable, and patient with the newer CD's. Her makeover skills are very good, I just wasn't pleased with the kind of products that were used for the makeover. But then I suppose a CD's skin is different in some way compared to a GG's.

JAMIE2809
12-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Does anyone know of anyone who does makeovers in Orlando? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Katie

I HAVE GONE INTO MALLS IN ORLANDO AND HAVE HAD MAHE -UP DONE. THERE IS A MAC MAKE-UP STORE IN THE THE MALL THEY DO MAKE OVERS IT WOULD BE WISE TO MAKE A APPOMENTS (SORRY 4 SPELLING).SOME OF THE STORES MIGHT GIVE U THE RUN AROUND UNTILL THEY NO YOU ARE FOR REAL AND HAVE SOME MONEY.GOOD LUCK:2c:

judyw9
12-13-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi Katie:

I also got a makeover by Leigh Shannon at Ritzy Rags. It was a great experience. If you prefer getting one done by a GG, try Janet Balla at Hairmasters in Dr. Philips: 407-226-1461. I have'nt used her for make-up but she styled one of my wigs and I really liked her. She works with a lot of drag performers so she is very TG friendly. Her card says she is also a makep artist.

JAMIE2809
12-14-2006, 12:03 AM
Hi Katie:

I also got a makeover by Leigh Shannon at Ritzy Rags. It was a great experience. If you prefer getting one done by a GG, try Janet Balla at Hairmasters in Dr. Philips: 407-226-1461. I have'nt used her for make-up but she styled one of my wigs and I really liked her. She works with a lot of drag performers so she is very TG friendly. Her card says she is also a makep artist.

NICE PICTURES. I WISH I WAS SKINNY.I'M 6' AND 300 POUNDS BUT I'M ON A DIET.NOT A SEE FOOD EITHER.IT'S HARD WHEN YOU DRIVE A TRUCK TO EAT RIGHT.I WAS JUST IN KISSIMMEE MONDAY, I'M HEADING DOWN TO TOPEKA,KS..JAMIE2809:D

Katie_
12-14-2006, 10:31 PM
thanks to everyone for all of the input, might give Ms. Leigh a try. Any other suggestions?

And Judy, great pics!

LynnetteDee
12-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi, I am also looking in Orlando. I have found that the ritzy rags on MIlls does it, but it's very expensive. Please let me know if you find any others.

Billijo49504
12-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Gee, I was goingto suggest Disney World. The makeover would enclude a nice set of ears and a cute tail. Maybe a polka dotted dress, like Mini Mouse wears. Then you'de be just like my fantasty gurl, Mini her self..:heehee: ...BJ