PDA

View Full Version : Finding new friends

TxKimberly
12-13-2006, 11:58 PM
So lets recap the last two weeks!

First, in Chicago for work and find the "Island Girls". I went out to Temptations and had a ball. First night I hung out with a few of the Island Girls I met and enjoyed the talk. Nest night, Chicago struck by worste storm of the year, a foot or so of ie and snow on the roads and everyone stayed home . . . except me and a table of GG's in Temptations. They invited me to join them and we sang kariokie (spelling?) all night and had a blast.
Next week I'm in Detroit where I walked through the mall with out getting "made". I then met with Glenda58 in a hotel lounge. Maybe my 3rd time in 10 years going to a "normal" place. If they pegged us, it didn't matter, because they treated us very well. I got to meet and talk to Glenda for a few hours and just generaly felt at piece, you know, a girl!
On the way home from Detroit, I get the message one of our instruments has failed in Cincinnati so off I go. In drab, I went in to Dillards where I bought a skirt and sweater and then went to the makeup counter. I was honest with the young lady there that I was trying to hide my 5 o clock shadow and she bent over bacwards to help me. In the end I was not thrilled with the makeup I bought, but I WAS thrilled with the service. Later I meet with LisaK in Drab. She has a great sense of humor and I deeply regret that my visit was not during a weekend or at least tail end of the work week (I just know Lisa must be a ball to go out with)! Oh well . . . I'll try and schedule better next time around!
So! Multiple exeriences, multiple meetings with sisters, and ALL 100% positive!

Kim (happy nad sad at same time as akways)

Cathy_NJ
12-14-2006, 12:19 AM
Kim, you look absolutely beautiful in your avitar! I can't believe you would ever be 'made' by anyone! I'm happy for you that your trip was so much fun, and maybe someday I'll write an entry about my own trip! HUGS....

Shelly Preston
12-14-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi Kimberly

Nice to hear you had such a great time

Glenda58
12-14-2006, 07:09 PM
Hi Kim

Glad you had a good time here in Detroit. Next time we'll do more. It was nice sitting thee doing the gurl thing just talking and being friends.:hugs: