PDA

View Full Version : hair removal

webber_k
12-14-2006, 09:22 AM
ok time for another question i know there are diferent ways to remove hair,shaving waxing,creams,eltrolasis. but which is the most afective and cost afective. i really hate the hair growth i get and dont want to spend an arm and a leg to remove it plus shaving only makes it worse when it starts coming back. So how can i remove it in a way that gives that smooth look and feel at a price thats cheep and last as long as possible. and how can i get rid of the facial hair without elctolasis which i realy dont fancy

Kieron Andrew
12-14-2006, 09:28 AM
im sorry but for permanent or nearly permanent hair removal the only way to go is laser or electrolysis.......i say nearly because it is not ALWAYS effective on everyone, you have to find the right one for your hair/skin type

webber_k
12-14-2006, 09:42 AM
not after permenent well not just yet but am looking for somthing that lasts a few weeks before i have to do it again

Kieron Andrew
12-14-2006, 09:43 AM
not after permenent well not just yet but am looking for somthing that lasts a few weeks
Nair removal spray maybe?

cathie
12-14-2006, 10:04 AM
so many posts on this subject and I keep responding to them, why do I do that? I use one of the electric tweezers that rip the hair out at the root. I love it. Lasts 2-3 weeks for me before I have to do it again and sometime's I'll do a quick shave for touch ups. Mine is an Emjoi Optima and have used it for about 4 years now. I'll never use Nair products. Too much smell and if you accidently get some on the family jewels, let's just say you do a little dance.
Everyone has soccess with different products just be careful and not fall to claims of products that will produce false results. I personally checked out this site http://www.hairfacts.com/ before making any $ decision outside of shaving.

JenniferMint
12-14-2006, 10:19 AM
You could also do 1-3 laser treatments---it would thin out your beard, but not completely eliminate it. Then you can still look like you have a beard if you want, but since you'll have less hairs, it will be easier to shave/pluck/etc.

cathie
12-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Kieron! The new pic is hilarious for the holidays. I think I'll change mine to my favorite too

Kieron Andrew
12-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Kieron! The new pic is hilarious for the holidays. I think I'll change mine to my favorite too
i got another one but im guessing it wont be allowed so opted for this one instead, i'll run it by tamara later and if she allows it i will change it or add it to my profile

Vash
12-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Well i'm a proponent of waxing. lasts a good long time, really removes the hair, and is not terribly expensive.

veronicagirl
12-14-2006, 11:50 AM
Now I just LOVE the pink bottle Nair! Yes, stay away from the lower private body parts and the nipples. You can shave those areas. Nair will cheaply give you a smooth body. When those tiny, unseen hairs start coming in; use a rougher washcloth or you'll get pimples from ingrown hairs. I use Nair on my underarms, too. Nothing like putting on nylons over your newly de-fuzzed legs.

webber_k
12-22-2006, 02:40 AM
Nothing like putting on nylons over your newly de-fuzzed legs.

oh i agree it feels so much more feminine