PDA

View Full Version : Beard cover suggestions???

Leslie(TV)
01-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi.

I used to use a great beard cover from Best Value Products which has gone out of business. I'm looking for some other place that sells the same type of cover. This wasn't dermablend or any of it's copies. It had a perfect orange tint to it, was rather waxy (I know it had beeswax in it). Anyone use such a cover? Any new suggestions?

Thanks

ChristineRenee
01-17-2005, 10:25 PM
Have you tried Colortration yet Leslie? Some of the other ladies here and myself have had very good luck with it. It is a foundation/corrective makeup and works wonders.
The link for it is www.colortration.com (http://www.colortration.com). Check it out and see for yourself if you are not already familiar with it that is.:)

Love,
Christine Renee

Jen_TGCD
01-17-2005, 10:49 PM
Leslie...

Hello and welcome!!!

Best Value Products is still in business... I just received their catalog last week. I think they sold it and the new owners have a different online address. www.crossdresser.com (http://www.crossdresser.com/) You can call them at 215.881.9470

I have used their beard cover also and it does work great for me but that Colortration is supposed to do a very good job. I'm going to try that next time I have to buy new cover. What I use now is a blemish cover from Bert's Bees (www.burtsbees.com (http://www.burtsbees.com/)). It's rather thick and hard to get on but it does cover well... and it's "natural" !!! :p

So... you have a lot of options now! Have fun!!!

Rikki
01-18-2005, 12:51 AM
Hi Leslie, I am sorry, I can't help you, but it looks like you hav enough help already. I am even gone to have to try something, I have never been able to hide my shadow. Anyways, welcome aboard.

Rikki

LindaTS
01-18-2005, 07:45 AM
I agree with ChristineRenee. I've been using the product from Colortration for the past several months now and I think it's the best I ever found. Give it a try.

Georgette
01-18-2005, 10:48 AM
Coloration is the best I have found as I have a beard that shows in about 2 hours after shaving as close as I can and this stuff works well to cover for about 6 hours on me. Great stuff.

DanaJ
01-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I agree - I use Colortration too, it does a great job! I have included an extreme closeup showing how it covers the beard area. Also take a look at my avatar, I have the Colortration foundation on there too. Hope this helps...

DanaJ

Melissa A.
01-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Thanks, Christine, just ordered it, can't wait.

They must describe two dozen different uses for this product. Was waiting for, "also, if you are a crossdreser or transgendered....."

They should have. Kinda like Fredericks... I'm sure they know a bunch of they're clients are tg, but don't want to scare the others.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Melissa A.
01-18-2005, 12:30 PM
By the way, Dana, it was your pic that sold me. Thank you.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

ChristineRenee
01-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Christine, just ordered it, can't wait.

They must describe two dozen different uses for this product. Was waiting for, "also, if you are a crossdreser or transgendered....."

They should have. Kinda like Fredericks... I'm sure they know a bunch of they're clients are tg, but don't want to scare the others.

Hugs,

Melissa :)You're gonna like the results. It gets a lotta endorsements on the forum here. I haven't heard a negative comment on it yet.;)

Enjoy.:)

Love,
C.R.

Roxie_31
01-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Hi.
First on the best value products. I believe they are now under the name suddenly fem. I have purchased some items there recently, and I must say, I love their products. I have never tried their beard cover tho. I'm not sure of their formulation, and that concerns me a little. Being a student of esthetics, and make up artistry, I fear some of these may not be so good for the skin. (mine is very sensitive)

I much prefer the old tried and true methods. A good shave and good makeup using quality, trusted products. However if anyone has any info on this particular cover, I'd love to hear it. I'm sure some have used it successfully...

Roxie_31
01-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Ok, I missed the colortration part. Who is it made/sold by? I'd be interested in checking it out.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing other products im not used to, but I am VERY cautious in what goes on the skin.

DonnaT
01-18-2005, 07:26 PM
Here you go Roxie, guess you missed it.

The link for it is www.colortration.com (http://www.colortration.com).

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 09:17 PM
How about playdough? Works kinda like bondo.. ;)

Fallen Angel
01-18-2005, 10:23 PM
tristen you mean your like putty in may hands not your face looks like putty yes this make up thats being mentioned sounds good how is it priceced copared to durmablend because with dermablend you have to buy a sealer to go ontop of the foundation

Tristen Cox
01-18-2005, 10:31 PM
tristen you mean your like putty in may hands not your face looks like putty yes this make up thats being mentioned sounds good how is it priceced copared to durmablend because with dermablend you have to buy a sealer to go ontop of the foundation

Oh it's easy to make your self, just follow the link
Playdough recipe (http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/7875/recip3.html)

:p :D :p

LindaTS
01-19-2005, 09:05 AM
Ok, I missed the colortration part. Who is it made/sold by? I'd be interested in checking it out.
Dont get me wrong, I'm not bashing other products im not used to, but I am VERY cautious in what goes on the skin.

www.colortration.com It seems like a lot of us use this product.