PDA

View Full Version : Merle Norman

goofus
12-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey all,

So tonight I screwed up the courage (sort of, I was nervous) to call the local Merle Norman store. The lady seemed to be OK with me coming in, but she said that "we don't even touch the women", by which I guess she means that they don't actually apply the makeup on anyone. Gosh, is that true, or does she just not want to touch a crossdresser?

Wondering,
Trish

+?

VERONICARH
12-14-2006, 09:37 PM
How does she know you are a crossdresser?

goofus
12-14-2006, 09:51 PM
How does she know you are a crossdresser?

I told her :)

renee k
12-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi All, I had the same experience at Merle Norman stores too. If you want hands on treatment go to a MAC Store or MAC counter in a department store.
They're very T friendly.

Huggs, Renee

goofus
12-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi All, I had the same experience at Merle Norman stores too. If you want hands on treatment go to a MAC Store or MAC counter in a department store.
They're very T friendly.

Huggs, Renee

Hmmm...I wonder if it's their policy with everyone or just T* girls? Unfortunately, the nearest MAC counter is miles away from here (which I guess could actually be a good thing :)

VERONICARH
12-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Very possible she does not went to do it.

goofus
12-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Very possible she does not went to do it.

That is possible...we'll see...I told her I'd call her back when I knew my work schedule

JenniferR771
12-14-2006, 10:23 PM
I have had two Merle Norman makeovers. Different stores. Both allowed me to change into a dress in their bathroom. Both were friendly and helpful--no problem at all. Of course, the makeup stool is usually right up front in the store. I was a little nervous when the girl was inturrupted to help a customer pick out a product. But it is probably a franchise--individual owners may not be comfortable with the idea. You may want to feel her out for a few minutes in person or on the phone before making your appointment. Let her understand your needs and desires, as you understand where she is coming from. You may want a less busy time of day.

Chiana
12-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I went with a GG when she went to Merle Norman and they were hands on. But that has been maybe 6 or 7 years ago and policies might have changed since then.

Michelia
12-15-2006, 02:27 AM
I had a couple of makeovers done by a Merle Norman lady and she could not have been nicer. She spent time with me showing me things and I have been back to buy from her. Sent her emails with pics of me enfemme so she could suggest colors to go with my clothes. She offered I could go to store enfemme and if it bothered me she would accomodate me after hours.
I really like this lady but in my opinion Merle Norman as well as MAC and all the other high priced cosmetics are just that - too high priced!

Michelia

Alysin CD
12-15-2006, 05:55 AM
I've found Merle Norman to be very CD-friendly in at least 2 cases. Their stuff is expensive though. My local store told me they would do a makeover without question. They are all individually owned so the bias of the owner and/or individual clerks enters into the situation.

Alysin

goofus
12-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Well thanks, all, for your responses. I'm thinking I might not go there, though, if they're so pricey :eek:

tekla west
12-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Some of that depends on state law. In many states you have to be a licenced cosmetologist in order to apply makeup to others in a commercial situation. Given allergic reactions, and working close to the eyes, it makes some sense.

Never done Merle, but will vouch for MAC being awesome, at least here in SF. Where there is no such law so they can do the application if need be. Its expensive, but worth it.