PDA

View Full Version : do you shave your legs

occdresser
12-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I have a membership to the local gym, but do not go as often as I would like:( due to having shaved my legs. Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs+?

jeri1973
12-14-2006, 10:14 PM
I have been shaving mine during the winter months for years now. Just a few weeks ago I shaved mine and then the weather changed. It has been shorts weather for the past week and I have worn shorts on several occasions. Not a word. I don't think that I would worry about it. If anyone says anything to you just tell them what I'm going to tell them. Skirts look better with hairless legs.

Marla S
12-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs+?
No, the contrary. Went the first time swimming in years after my first complete (almost :heehee: ) body shave.
Shaved legs are no big deal today (may depend a bit on where you live).

marie354
12-14-2006, 10:18 PM
I've been shaving my legs for years, and years, and I do wear shorts when the weather permits and no-one has ever said anything about it. Of course I'm in my 50's now and a lot of men my age start losing hair where they used to have it and growing it in other places, like your ears?

Jessica1
12-14-2006, 10:20 PM
I get mine waxed, along with the rest of my body, and I've never had anyone say anything to me. I go to the gym regularly as well ... no one really cares if have hairless legs or not. I say go ahead if you like to. :happy:

Calliope
12-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs+?

If you're not ashamed, no one could possibly shame you.

Wenda
12-14-2006, 10:27 PM
".. a lot of men my age start losing hair where they used to have it and growing it in other places, like your ears?
Exactly! Just do it, like it, feel like yourself. Odds are, no one will notice, unless you have been previously recognized as a particularly hairy individual. I have shaved mine at least three times a week for the past 3 years. My GF was concerned when I showed up at her place a while ago and my legs had a week's stubble. Of course, in a Wisconsin winter, hairy legs do have some benefits. w.

crusadergirl
12-14-2006, 10:30 PM
I been shaving my legs and arms for years and the only time anyone has said anything to me was in 8 th grade and i didn't care. And shaving my legs and arms has nothing to do with cding i just don't like hairy legs are arms.

carla smith
12-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I go to the gym wearing sweats with shorts under them. I take them off depending on what I am working on and how hot and sweaty I get. The only time anyone has said anything is....one GG said she wished she had legs like mine.....what a sweet thing to say! And one guy got in the sauna with me and noticed that I am completely shaved (towel around waist) and commented that I probably wished that he was a greek bath house boy.....not sure what that means. I said no, I don't need a boy....just here to sweat crap out of my system!

I think that whatever suits you is the key! But I do not go the the gym to be social....maybe that makes a differance. I go to get my workout and I am gone!

What is living on the edge is changing in and out of panties and a bra in the locker room....be careful there! I do hate those bra lines in my back!

I wear shorts in the summer and I am sure that people have wondered "where the hell are his hairy legs" but never been ridiculed.

If I were to be called out...I would tell them the truch...that I had knee surgery on both legs, they were shaved and I liked it so much I keep them shaved.

Have fun shaving your legs. You could get some nice comments.

janet p
12-14-2006, 10:34 PM
You will find that most people don't care if you are hairless or not. When I was a lot younger 30 or 40 years I was fairly hairy. I started to shave from the nose down 15yr ago and even when I visit my mother she has never said any thing about my hairless body when I walk around her apartment in nothing but my(male) shorts.:love:

Wenda
12-14-2006, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=carla smith;666387]....one GG said she wished she had legs like mine.....what a sweet thing to say!
I went on stage en femme as a part of a set-up to try to throw the headliner off his act. I came out as my 'cousin' Polly, Polly Darton" (although I wore my smallest breast forms). All the regulars in the audience knew who I was, and at the end of the show, a lady in her 70's came by and said "If I had legs like those, I would wear a skirt like that!"That was in August, and I still have people asking when Polly is coming back! Hiding in plain sight. w.

Denise01
12-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I have been shaving fully now for about 4 years, and have never had a comment about my shave legs.
When wearing nylons or Panty Hose, shaved legs are a must.

Since I have been shaving fully, i have been taking notice of the men around and I was pleasantly surprised and pleased to see how many now have shaved legs or fully shaved.

A lot of the athletes will shave their legs or fully shave as they say it gives them more speed, especially in the swimming events

Denise

Karren H
12-14-2006, 11:01 PM
I shave mine.....try to explain that to all the guys in the locker room where i play ice hockey every week.....guess what, no one has asked and I don't have a pat answer ready except I like to shave my legs.....lol

Love Karren

sterling12
12-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Don't know what I'd say, I'll let you know the first time somebody asks.

Anyway, I can't imagine you would catch too much crap around a gym. Don't all those Bodybuilders shave their bodies and put chicken fat all over themselves? I would imagine in that type of atmosphere, you wouldn't even get noticed.

Heck, just tell them you plan on entering The Tour De France this year.

Peace and Love Joanie

Shannon CD
12-14-2006, 11:09 PM
I shave mostly in the winter months. The more I do the less I worry about what someone would say, although I don't find myself in many positions that require shorts this time of year.

susiegrl19
12-14-2006, 11:15 PM
I shave my legs all year round and as everyone has said before me, Nobody even notices and if they do they make no comments about it. So relax and enjoy.

ColleenCD
12-14-2006, 11:30 PM
I do shave legs. Only my wife has asked about my shaving. I guess she has a right to. I plan to keep shaving them through next year. My answer should I be asked...I like the look and hate the tape pulling hairs from bandages. (sports injuries)

Colleen

Chiana
12-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Keeping in mind that I do live in Texas and aside from Austin, Texas is not the most sexually liberated part of the world. I have shaved my legs for years but I always have tried to avoid the man on the street from seeing that my legs are shaved. People might not have the nerve to say something to your face if your legs are shaved but my experience is that guys do notice it. And I have also seen that they probably will say something derogitory behind youir back. But I guess what you don't know can't hurt you.

Peggy55
12-14-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't go out dressed so there isn't as much of a need for me to shave my legs however I do shave from about mid thigh up.

Peggy

kymmieLorain
12-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I used to wonder if people noticed my shaved legs, now I don't care what people think.

Kymmie

Stephenie S
12-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Well, my experience is JUST the same as everyone else's. I used to obsess over someone noticing and I would only shave in the winter. Now I shave all the time, and guess what, no one gives a rat's patootie. I look at other men's legs and smooth legs seem to be about 50/50. The fact is, shaving your legs has NOTHING to do with CDing or sex except in YOUR mind. Many, many, men are smooth shaven these days. Swimmers, bicyclers, wrestlers, weight lifters, runners, models, and yes, CDers. So, for goodness sake, relax already. If you want to shave your legs and chest, just do it. And really, the only answer you need to give is, "Because I want to", if someone is so impolite as to ask why.

Lovies,
Stephenie

ErikaLeigh
12-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Yes I stopped wearing shorts, except for the times I am where nobody knows me. I would wear them near home, but most of the people I know are narrow minded, and would never shut up about it.

tekla west
12-15-2006, 01:19 AM
If you don't care, neither do they

Angie G
12-15-2006, 01:26 AM
Shave them all the time this time or year :hugs:
Angie

Country girl
12-15-2006, 02:33 AM
Nope, never have. I get mine waxed :eek: . So much easier and it last for months! But then again, I think you were asking the CD's not us
GG's :tongueout

Naomi
12-15-2006, 04:15 AM
The one thing that was holding me back from shaving my legs was that the other guys would notice in the changing room at work. In the end i thought bugger it, i do what i do for me and for no other and have been smooth all over for a whole week now with the intention of staying that way.
Imo your more likely to get a comment from a gg women regarding you shaved legs.

Naomi
12-15-2006, 04:19 AM
Nope, never have. I get mine waxed :eek: . So much easier and it last for months! But then again, I think you were asking the CD's not us
GG's :tongueout

Lasts for months did you say?
Right im off for a fully body wax............
Im lucky to get 24 smooth hours with shaving

sweeting
12-15-2006, 05:24 AM
hi i shave every thing and i enjoy it no one has ever said any thing so do it and enjoy it

RachelDenise
12-15-2006, 05:38 AM
If you're comfortable with it, then you really shouldn't care. I think most people really don't look at others that closely.

tightsgirl
12-15-2006, 05:49 AM
Yes I shave mine almost everyday, tights and hose feel so much better after a shave.

Steph53
12-15-2006, 06:41 AM
I keep my entire body shaved and hit the gym four times a week. No one has ever said a word.I do notice that someone will occasionally glance at my legs when I walk into the fitness room or the spinning studio.In fact,one of the female spin instructors (who happens to be a lesbian) said in front of her partner and myself that she was mesmerized by my calfs during class.I'll take that as a compliment!

Josephine56
12-15-2006, 06:55 AM
Have done....and it was a lot of bother...Stubble again after a day and another shave in 48 hours. Couldn't continue, but it DID feel very good!

I'm an active competative rower (still) and five times a week expose them. I'm otherwise quite Neanderthal, so shaved legs would certinly draw attention .

So, regrettably it has to be two prs. tights for me when I'm doing the Girly thing.

Billie2day
12-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Men do not look at other Guys legs Woman do though. . I have been shaving my legs & chest for years it takes only a few minutes in the shower. I swim, wear cutoffs (when i can't get away with a skirt) and no one has said a thing. if you do something all the time it becomes normal. for the last few years I have plucked my eybrows to thin them out and remove the gray ones this is probably more noticeabe and no one has committed on that. I am more worried that I have not done a good job of shaving my legs. Now that would be noticed Enjoy your hobby while you are young it gets harder when you are older. Billie in Alberta

paulaN
12-15-2006, 07:41 AM
You get over the feeling that everyone is looking. Ive kept mine shaved for over two years and not a word has been said to me. Just remember pickies is a dead give away so keep them smooth.

capantyman
12-15-2006, 07:57 AM
I shaved my legs recently, for the first time, but have shaved the little bit of hair on my chest for years. Have you ever noticed Tiger Woods caddies legs? If he can get away with shaved legs, I think anybody can.

maid phylis
12-15-2006, 08:31 AM
i have been shaving my legs every day sinci i put on my first pair of nylons.phylisanne:love:

Alice D
12-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Have shaved from the knee up for along time- was concerned that some of my "not so understanding friends and neighbors" might notice(rarely wear long pants in FL). Last week decided to do the rest- feels great and my legs look much better, especially in a skirt with no hose. Since then no comments or looks from anyone-although I had very little and light hair in the first place. My ex used to hate me- she would say that if she had my legs, she wouldn't have to shave at all.

Alice

Juanita O
12-15-2006, 08:41 AM
i shave my leggs to, but leggs are so white it is scary

crossing-the-rain
12-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I don't need to shave my hair ,I have very less hair on my legs and hands.
Lucky or not ?
Rain.

JoAnnDallas
12-15-2006, 10:29 AM
I keep my legs, chest, and arms shaved all the time. Even my wife has not noticed.

Helena
12-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Soon after I shaved my legs for the first time I got stuck in a changing room with a youth football team. Some of them were clearly having a laugh at my expense, but I just ignored them. Not long after I was leaving the same leisure centre, a large crowd of teenage girls were giggling at my smooth legs, though it could have been the fact that they are very pale indeed(very horrible in fact).

One of the members of the walking club I belong to made a comment at a crowded hut meet. Couldn't come up with a witty devastating response and just had to try the weak excuse of cycling. Unfortunately I am well known for wearing shorts, even when climbing mountains in the snow, so it would have looked odder if I had covered up.

Having said all that a lot of the time nobody notices or says a word, and importantly I love the feel when they are freshly shaved, clad in nylons with a skirt swishing round my thighs. Even under my drab trousers there is a weird cold sensation when first done. My SO hasn't really said much.

Helena

Abby
12-15-2006, 03:45 PM
For the last ten years, three times a week, and I wear shorts. Never heard a peep from anyone.

Abby

Janailene
12-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I use an epiladay, but the result is the same - smooth hairless legs. I do shave my undersrms and use the epi on my chest. No one has mentioned my smooth legs, except my nail salon where I get my pedicures and manicures. Do people notice? Absolutely. Do they talk to each other? Yes.

Karenscott
12-15-2006, 04:00 PM
I've kept my body shaved smooth all over for about 15 years now. My chest,, legs, underarms,, arms,,even my "boy" is kept very feminine. People have asked about my lack of bodyhair, and I've always just told them that I hate body hair,, and it's just not my style. Eventually the questions stop, and people dont even notice anymore. I'm even smooth in the summer where I spend alot of time in a bathing suit shirtless on my boat! People will get over it eventually. Enjoy your body as you feel fit!

ellieparsons
12-15-2006, 06:10 PM
I shave my legs everyday and go to the gym everyother day, and no one says anything at the gym, They are at the gym to work out not worry about other peoples legs, i've seen women notice my shaved legs before, but they don't say anything or care/.

Audrey34
12-15-2006, 06:13 PM
I've been shaving my legs (and getting better at it) for over a decade. Nobody says anything to me about it because I don't have much hair on my body anyway.
-Audrey

Diana_BiMale_CD
12-15-2006, 06:21 PM
I have very little body hair, but have been shaving what little I have, legs, underarms, and even my chest. The wife hasn't even mentioned it, but then as I say have very little body hair even when not shaved. Just feels good, and if someone says anything, will just tell them I like the feel..end of discussion. Am very tired of having to be politically correct and socially correct. As long as one doesn't bother others, he/she should do as they please with their own body.:2c:

bigtoe2121
12-15-2006, 06:26 PM
I shave my legs all year round. I don't wear shorts, but I do go out in a dress.

Sasha Anne Meadows
12-15-2006, 06:29 PM
I shave my entire body (except my head) every single day.Can't even imagine what body hair would feel like anymore.

saraleehanes
12-15-2006, 06:54 PM
I shave some above the knee and occasionally below. I have used VEET and loved how my legs felt afterwards. I will never forget the first time I shaved and slipped on a pair of silky pantyhose and a slip... what a feeling.

Fortunately I have light leg hair and keep them covered at work. Long pants can wear off some hair anyway, right?

ElleCD
12-15-2006, 07:52 PM
I shave all over. I wear shorts and t-shirts in the summer. Go swimming. Never had a comment. Never had a problem.

Cassy11
12-15-2006, 08:21 PM
I shave arms and legs every day. Fabrics feel so much better on smooth skin

LindaG
12-16-2006, 08:45 AM
No first I am of Irish decent very fine leg hair second I wear dark colored panty hose. so no one can really see any leg hair

Angie G
12-16-2006, 09:37 AM
Yes in the winter :hugs:
Angie

karen marie
12-16-2006, 12:29 PM
i've been shaving my legs for years.had some teasing when
i was a teen,but not anymore.besides,my wife can't stand hairy
legs.
karen.

carend_99
12-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi there. I also shave during the winter months, but I also run and lately the weather has been warm enough where I've gotten out in shorts. Anyway, I've always thought about what I'd say if someone were to ask and here's how I would respond:

Because it's so dry in the winter, the static electricity between my pants and my leg hair is very annoying, so I shave them.

It's seems kind of silly, but it is plausible. Hope it helps

DeeInGeorgia
12-16-2006, 05:06 PM
In the January 2007 Glamour Magazine, on page 92, for women, it is OK to let their legs go shaggy in the winter. That is what tights are for.

JAMIE2809
12-16-2006, 05:10 PM
I have a membership to the local gym, but do not go as often as I would like:( due to having shaved my legs. Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs+?

NO WILL CARE U MIGHT GET A STANGE LOOK NOW AND THEN BUT WHO CARES:2c:

Rachel Morley
12-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs?
Are you kidding me? Going to the gym gave me the reason to get my legs waxed in the the first place. I used to work out a hell of a lot back then and I liked to keep my body smooth, hair free, and tanned. The first time I did it I felt a bit self conscious but no one ever said anything. If your skin is well tanned it looks like you should be shaved, pale hair free legs doesn't look so good in the gym with lots of guys around.

The only other time I felt a bit self conscious about having hair free legs was just after I'd had them waxed the second time (about 6 weeks later) a GG friend of mine wanted me to come to her step aerobics class with her which happened to be an all women class. I felt a bit scared wearing a leotard, shorts and shaved legs in from a groups of GGs.

Nowadays, I shave my whole body to keep myself smooth, hair free, and in the summer (fake) tan my legs.

Jocelyn Quivers
12-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Always my SO gets very irritated with me if I go a day without shaving. :D Several of my co workers have asked if I shave my legs. I'm to chicken to tell them yes. I usually tell them that I just was born naturally without much body hair, and why are they checking out my legs to begin with! Jocelyn

hotbobbie
12-21-2006, 02:52 PM
I shave them and i do not care what anyone else thinks.

Marla
12-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Ive shaved mine for so long that even the summer I guess that people Im with just think I dont have hair anywhere Pretty cool deal! Even my chest and underarms are bare always.

Jane GG
12-21-2006, 04:47 PM
A lot of atheletes actually shave their bodies, so no one at the gym should see it as a big deal. A good friend of mine is a triathlete and shaved his legs for it for years....hey wait a minute! :happy:

finacarina
12-21-2006, 05:04 PM
If your going to present as a gg how could you not shave your legs. Omg thats really gross to not shave.

Cindy1512
12-21-2006, 06:45 PM
don't shave myself - but have noticed afew pairs of shaved legs at the gym. mainly on guys who cycle or do triathlons.

As long as you are happy do what you want.

Christa
12-21-2006, 06:45 PM
I've shaved for years, and work out 4-6 time per week. While I'm sure people at the gym notice, no one's ever said anything. If you look closely... I'm sure you'll find you're not the only guy at your gym with shaved legs.

The key (as others have said) is confidence. You've got nothing to be embarassed about, and nothing to apologize for... so enjoy it. Shaved legs feels amazing!

For more support and photos of guys with shaved legs, check out my group:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MWSL

Good luck,

Christa

Andrea Nicole
12-21-2006, 06:57 PM
Hi,
I shave EVERYTHING....no hair on me except on my head, and that's very little.
Huggs,
Andi

Billie Jean
12-21-2006, 07:45 PM
I have a membership to the local gym, but do not go as often as I would like:( due to having shaved my legs. Do any of you not go to the gym or limit your wearing of shorts because you are ashamed of someone you know asking why do you shave your legs+?No. No one has ever said anything to me about my legs being shaved. Net time in the gym lo0ok around and see how many men are shaving their legs. My ex used to point out men wearing shorts in public with shaved legs to me. she suggested I shave mine too. Billie Jean :2c:

Wenda
12-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Yup!

SandyR
12-22-2006, 01:12 PM
I thined all my hair out slowly over about 2 months. When I shaved my legs, back and chest not even my wife noticed.

Lauren415
12-22-2006, 01:53 PM
i wax year round, and wear shorts to the gym,, no biggy

suzy
12-22-2006, 02:00 PM
I never wear shorts while in drab anyway... just a thing of mine...But I will say that at work I noticed two of the other co-workers with hairless legs. Can't tell if they just lost all of their hair or shave, but they walk around in shorts and nobody thinks anything about it!:D

wendy360
12-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I shave my legs. I go to the gym 4 time a week and nobody has ever made a comment. I talk to other people at the gym, and if they notice they haven't said anything. I think more and more men are shaving their legs today. Its more acceptable than 20 years ago.

Suzie Green
12-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I shave my legs all the time and have been for 30 years. But I'm involved in a sports (cycling & triathlons) where having shaved legs is the norm, so that's a bonus!! :heehee:

Christine

perfume
12-23-2006, 12:24 AM
Shave them all the time this time or year :hugs:
Angie

yes Angie G. i shave my legs every 2 to 3 days. both top and bottom, But i shave all year around not just in the winter months, i look at it this way, if i am a crossdresser, then it has to be year around. i wear stockings year around, so i have to have shaven legs. i just received a mens hair removeal kit i am going to try tomarrow. ill let you kinow how that works.